• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

top paid WR's

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here are the top-paid wide receivers (in average per year):
Calvin Johnson (Detroit) $16.207 million
Larry Fitzgerald (Arizona) $16.142 million
Percy Harvin (Seattle) $12.843 million
Mike Wallace (Miami) $12 million
Dwayne Bowe (Kansas City) $11.2 million
Brandon Marshall (Chicago) $11.194 million
Vincent Jackson (Tampa Bay) $11.111 million
Andre Johnson (Houston) $10.185 million
Greg Jennings (Green Bay) $9 million
Victor Cruz (N.Y. Giants) $8.6 million
Roddy White (Atlanta) $8.544 million
Pierre Garcon (Washington) $8.5 million
Antonio Brown (Pittsburgh) $8.392 million
DeSean Jackson (Washington) $8 million

just found this interesting, was thinking which of these guys make such impact, their team are perennial contenders?

even Harvin wasn't a big part of the SB winning SEASON.

doesn't mean I don't want a good WR, just found this interesting the REALLY good teams don't have a highly paid WR. Thomas in Denver?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good list to look at to see what Crabtree will get. He is better then half of those guys so I see him asking for about 8-11 mill. That's a tough number for the 49ers to give.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace and Bowe are both incredibly overpaid

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is a good list to look at to see what Crabtree will get. He is better then half of those guys so I see him asking for about 8-11 mill. That's a tough number for the 49ers to give.

not knocking Crabtree too hard, but think this is debatable?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wallace and Bowe are both incredibly overpaid

what about Calvin and Larry at $16M?

no doubt they are good WR's individually, but what about from a TEAM cap standpoint? since they take up so much cap, the TEAM takes hits at other positions.

the other way to look at it is...........do the top NFL teams today, have one highly paid WR? how are top NFL teams reach the Conference Championships and SB, with an elite WR or "tier 2" types? what if we go back 5 years or so, who was the last highly paid WR to reach the SB? reach the Conference Championship game?

again, do want a very good WR for the 9ers, but when it comes to these guys on the list...........can't help thinking if its good use of their cap?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
not knocking Crabtree too hard, but think this is debatable?

I started a response with that, but then started looking at the list more carefully and I think it IS debatable that Crabtree is better than several. I view debatable as being a good thing for Crabtree - as in he would be in the conversation. Obviously we have to assume he's back to where he was prior to the injury, but given what he showed last year coming back very early from a very serious injury, I think that's a relatively safe assumption.

Of the guys on that list, Megatron, Fitz, Marshall, Jackson, and Andre Johnson are all clearly superior players right now, and certainly when they signed their contracts. DeSean Jackson probably belongs in the "no doubt" list, but he's not as complete as the other guys so I guess you could make an argument. Victor Cruz is elite at what he does, but it's a skill teams don't seem to covet as much. Honestly, though, other than those guys, I think you can make an argument that a healthy Crabs is right up there with anyone on this list. Though you could probably extend this list to 20 names and have a similar argument.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I started a response with that, but then started looking at the list more carefully and I think it IS debatable that Crabtree is better than several. I view debatable as being a good thing for Crabtree - as in he would be in the conversation. Obviously we have to assume he's back to where he was prior to the injury, but given what he showed last year coming back very early from a very serious injury, I think that's a relatively safe assumption.

Of the guys on that list, Megatron, Fitz, Marshall, Jackson, and Andre Johnson are all clearly superior players right now, and certainly when they signed their contracts. DeSean Jackson probably belongs in the "no doubt" list, but he's not as complete as the other guys so I guess you could make an argument. Victor Cruz is elite at what he does, but it's a skill teams don't seem to covet as much. Honestly, though, other than those guys, I think you can make an argument that a healthy Crabs is right up there with anyone on this list. Though you could probably extend this list to 20 names and have a similar argument.

and that's fine, but pretty sure I responded to "better than half the list"?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
and that's fine, but pretty sure I responded to "better than half the list"?

Believe it or not, I am not disagreeing with you, Deep. I don't know that you can say Crabtree is CLEARLY better than anyone on that list. Just agreeing with you that several are debatable. I think it's a pretty big stretch by Purguy to say definitively that he's better than half those guys. But hey, that's his style.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the top-paid wide receivers (in average per year):

just found this interesting, was thinking which of these guys make such impact, their team are perennial contenders?

even Harvin wasn't a big part of the SB winning SEASON.

doesn't mean I don't want a good WR, just found this interesting the REALLY good teams don't have a highly paid WR. Thomas in Denver?

Crabtree is better then Brown, Garcon, White(now not 2 years ago), Cruz(toss up, think Crabtree does more), Bowe, Harvin, Wallace, jackson(toss up).

So I can see Crabtree agent asking for 8-11. Does 49ers give that to him I don't think so. I would hate to lose crabtree but we can't give him that much unless he is a top Tier WR like Calvin, AJ, Gordon, and Bryant.

I hope we can land him for 8 million. I would be ok with that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Believe it or not, I am not disagreeing with you, Deep. I don't know that you can say Crabtree is CLEARLY better than anyone on that list. Just agreeing with you that several are debatable. I think it's a pretty big stretch by Purguy to say definitively that he's better than half those guys. But hey, that's his style.

yeah, intended it as a little clarification, not a terse response. :-)

also correct, guess I should've recognized the poster.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree there is a debate but I think as a WR as whole Crabtree is better then half. Crabtree does everything well(Catching, move the chains, scores, YAC and blocks well.)

I wouldn't disagree with anyone if they would rather have V.Jackson, Brown, D.Jackson, Cruz.

I feel strong he is better then Jennings, Harvin, White, Wallace, Bowe, and Garcon.

Players better then Crabtree: Fitz, Calvin, A. Johnson(getting old), and Marshall. Not on this list Gordon, Bryant and AJ.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree there is a debate but I think as a WR as whole Crabtree is better then half. Crabtree does everything well(Catching, move the chains, scores, YAC and blocks well.)

I wouldn't disagree with anyone if they would rather have V.Jackson, Brown, D.Jackson, Cruz.

I feel strong he is better then Jennings, Harvin, White, Wallace, Bowe, and Garcon.

Players better then Crabtree: Fitz, Calvin, A. Johnson(getting old), and Marshall. Not on this list Gordon, Bryant and AJ.

your opinion is fine, there are no right or wrong answers.

when I read your post, this is how I looked at it.........if I could trade Crabtree straight up (based on football talent only), who would I take off this list? IMO more than seven which is half the list.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your opinion is fine, there are no right or wrong answers.

when I read your post, this is how I looked at it.........if I could trade Crabtree straight up (based on football talent only), who would I take off this list? IMO more than seven which is half the list.

I agree there are no right or wrong. Its a great debate but I think its fair to say Crabtree and his agent will want to get paid like most of these guys.

Thats a good way to look at the post. Lets break it down.

100% I would trade Crabtree for is Larry, Calvin and Marshall (3)
100% players I wouldn't want to trade Crabtree for are Bowe, Wallace, Garcon, Jennings, Harvin and White (6)

All others are a nice debate. A. Johnson maybe but age has to be a factor. Jackson is a great debate, Cruz is a good debate but we like the run the ball so I would take Crabtree because of run blocking, D. Jackson troubled young man but very talented, Brown talented but I think I would take Crabtree. Again my opinion.

Is this fair? My main point is that Crabtree is going to ask for the avg here and he is right to do so.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't disagree much with that. Don't necessarily agree STRONGLY on Harvin (when healthy) or Garcon. Heck, I think there's an argument for any of those guys other than Jennings at this point. But hey, it's largely personal preference.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree much with that. Don't necessarily agree STRONGLY on Harvin (when healthy) or Garcon. Heck, I think there's an argument for any of those guys other than Jennings at this point. But hey, it's largely personal preference.

Don't forget Bowe. Him and Jennings are easy ones.

I just don't know if 49ers are going to spend that kind of money on Crabtree. He isn't a tier 1 WR he is a Tier 2. Tier 1 in my opinion are Calvin, AJ, Gordon, Bryant and Marshall. Game changers. If I forgot someone sorry.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, I'll be interested to see what they do with Crabtree. The second half of 2012 he was playing like an all-pro. But with the injury, the addition of Boldin, and Kap's struggles throwing in 2013 (not intending to dredge this up, I just think he regressed a bit in certain areas), it remains to be seen if he regains that form. But if we're going to move on, we've got to figure out a way to draft and develop WRs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'll be interested to see what they do with Crabtree. The second half of 2012 he was playing like an all-pro. But with the injury, the addition of Boldin, and Kap's struggles throwing in 2013 (not intending to dredge this up, I just think he regressed a bit in certain areas), it remains to be seen if he regains that form. But if we're going to move on, we've got to figure out a way to draft and develop WRs.

Yes we should draft a WR once a year at least just to give us Depth. It will be interesting when his contract is up. I don't mind the Lloyd signing but it might not help Patton develop. Lets Hope Patton fights for his spot.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Bowe. Him and Jennings are easy ones.

I just don't know if 49ers are going to spend that kind of money on Crabtree. He isn't a tier 1 WR he is a Tier 2. Tier 1 in my opinion are Calvin, AJ, Gordon, Bryant and Marshall. Game changers. If I forgot someone sorry.

I would have Thomas and Julio in the tier 1 group also. Even though Julio was injured last year in my book he is a top 5 WR in the NFL when healthy. I would also think about added Alshon to that list also.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have Thomas and Julio in the tier 1 group also. Even though Julio was injured last year in my book he is a top 5 WR in the NFL when healthy. I would also think about added Alshon to that list also.

Yes Julio not D Thomas yet. He is very close. I need to see what he does this year. He should get more double teams now that Decker left. The others don't have the surrounding players like D Thomas has had. Him Decker, Walker and TE Thomas.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

similar to Goldson and Rogers, they'll place a value on him and not move off it. as most already anticipate, odds are Crabtree's number won't even be close to Baalke's?

as is usually the case, this year's draft picks will be huge NEXT season.