• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 25 - voting discussion thread

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first off, Nicholls is not an FBS team so they don't qualify in statistical or any other FBS category ranking.

I will wait to see what Tennessee and Virginia do in conference to pass judgement.

Ya, lets let it play out. Our good teams on the schedule are coming up. Your teams besides LSU are in the rear view.

And ftr. VA Tech isn't a quality team.

teams that play oregon get further review, teams that play bama suck EOS... :noidea:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams that play oregon get further review, teams that play bama suck EOS... :noidea:

Don't think VATech, UVA, or Tennessee is high quality opponent.

Just saying, VATech only beat East Carolina by 5. UVA beat BYU, but we don't know how good they are either.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harsh. Lose to #1 by one score and out of the top25.

I don't take rankings so seriously during the first 5 to 6 weeks, because it's all speculation really, so it doesn't matter what the team they played was ranked at the time, they lost. Yes, we do know it's Alabama and I highly doubt that they've hit the shitter since last year, but I try to stick to what's happened this year. As the year progresses, A&M will move in and jump some undefeated teams (this assumes they win). I did the same for any team that has lost (Georgia, USCe, Florida, TCU, Nebraska, etc.).

Right now, it's based off 3 weeks of college football. Rankings don't really play into it. SOS does to a point, but again that's based off of rankings, too.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't take rankings so seriously during the first 5 to 6 weeks, because it's all speculation really, so it doesn't matter what the team they played was ranked at the time, they lost. Yes, we do know it's Alabama and I highly doubt that they've hit the shitter since last year, but I try to stick to what's happened this year. As the year progresses, A&M will move in and jump some undefeated teams (this assumes they win). I did the same for any team that has lost (Georgia, USCe, Florida, TCU, Nebraska, etc.).

Right now, it's based off 3 weeks of college football. Rankings don't really play into it. SOS does to a point, but again that's based off of rankings, too.

Deleted our posts from the other thread, forgot to respond here.

Fair enough. I'd just figure that A&M showed they would probably beat a few of those teams in the 20's.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough. I'd just figure that A&M showed they would probably beat a few of those teams in the 20's.

one guy made up for it and has aTm #2

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure they would too. Hell even some in the 10's. However, I try not to base my poll off my opinion too much and off stats as much as I can. Obviously there has to be some opinion though.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think VATech, UVA, or Tennessee is high quality opponent.

Just saying, VATech only beat East Carolina by 5. UVA beat BYU, but we don't know how good they are either.

Defensive based teams don't win in blowouts, offensive teams do.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen quite a few defensive based teams win in blow out fashion.

Like Notre Dame last year? Or Alabama in 2009 that barely got by a couple of teams that barely made bowls?

It's gonna happen, all there is to it.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Notre Dame last year? Or Alabama in 2009 that barely got by a couple of teams that barely made bowls?

It's gonna happen, all there is to it.
Doesn't happen as frequently. But it still happens.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't happen as frequently. But it still happens.

Seems like VT has a pretty damn good defense. They held Alabama to less than 200 yards, and only 1 offensive TD all game.

Meanwhile Texas A&M which doesn't have a good D got 42 points scored on them and a ton of yards in the process. And while A&M doesn't have a great D, I wouldn't even consider them the other side of the spectrum(although maybe other side for any top10/25 team).

More games will be telling, but at first glance that D is looking pretty damn stout. Their offense, not so much. They only put up 10 on Alabama, 7 of which was on a freak run, and A&M scored 42.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like VT has a pretty damn good defense. They held Alabama to less than 200 yards, and only 1 offensive TD all game.

Meanwhile Texas A&M which doesn't have a good D got 42 points scored on them and a ton of yards in the process. And while A&M doesn't have a great D, I wouldn't even consider them the other side of the spectrum(although maybe other side for any top10/25 team).

More games will be telling, but at first glance that D is looking pretty damn stout. Their offense, not so much. They only put up 10 on Alabama, 7 of which was on a freak run, and A&M scored 42.

Ya, you would have better knowledge of the VATech team. I will take your word for it. They definitely got a lot of penetration against Bama. More so than any team in the last few years. Obviously that has a lot to do with the loss of the 3 NFL offensive lineman you had last season. New lines just need a little time to gel. I see that more so than I see VATech being a really stout defense. But like you said, jury is out and a lot of football to be played.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why all the love for Baylor when we all know they will lose at least 4 or more games? I don't get it.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to all the great SEC defenses? I guess they all went out to the west coast. Go West, young men!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VT's offense is shit. The fact they only put up 15 points on ECU is pathetic... Now the defense, that might end up being the best in the country when it's all said and done. If they could find a way to average 17-21 points a game, they could easily wind up 11-1 going into the ACCCG.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to all the great SEC defenses? I guess they all went out to the west coast. Go West, young men!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know. It's sad. We even gave up 10 points to UNC. :L

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I have ASU at 16 and Wisconsin unranked when it took the worst call in recent memory for them to "beat" Wisconsin at home? I don't get it.

This is the question you should be asking.