• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Took my son to the Knicks game last night

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had been a few years since I had been to the Garden for a basketball game. In fact, the last live Knicks game I saw was back when Jeff Van Gundy was the coach and the Heat still had Alonzo Mourning. This was just a few months after the Van Gundy clinging to Zo's leg incident, so it was a really charged atmosphere and a great game.

Last night, the halftime game between Parks Department under-10 league teams was more entertaining than the real game. We got there a little late, since it was a last-minute, Make-a-wish related dealie (long story, I won't explain), plus it was sleeting out; but when we got to our seats the Kings were already up by 15. It went downhill from there. The knicks not only were ice cold from the field but their play was sloppy, they committed tons of fouls, the Kings couldn't miss, and by the end the crowd was actually chanting "Tom Hanks! Tom Hanks!" because he had been shown on the jumbotron earlier. He got a bigger ovation than anything the Knicks did.

Wasn't the best first-time experience to which you would want to take your child. I fear my son will now grow up a Sacramento fan. I didn't have the heart to tell him that under normal circumstances, they'd be considered one of the shittiest teams in the league, they only looked like Finals contenders by comparison. But he got to see some future Knicks legends like...uhhh...some skinny guy named Shved...Um....Quincy Acy...Oh, oh yeah! Timmy Hardaway, Jr. ...Cole Aldrich...so many stars, too many to name without leaving somebody out.

Plus, the arena was so empty that they were giving away boxes of free popcorn while we were filing out.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

The era of the small market teams continue.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao really hope they were free tickets

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear my son will now grow up a Sacramento fan.
A California team ain't the worst thing, however I'd probably guide him about 85 miles south of Sac if he's leaning towards the golden state :whistle:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A California team ain't the worst thing, however I'd probably guide him about 85 miles south of Sac if he's leaning towards the golden state :whistle:

He probably won't even be basketball fan. He's so anti-organized sports right now. Can't get him to sign up for anything other than swimming.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had been a few years since I had been to the Garden for a basketball game. In fact, the last live Knicks game I saw was back when Jeff Van Gundy was the coach and the Heat still had Alonzo Mourning. This was just a few months after the Van Gundy clinging to Zo's leg incident, so it was a really charged atmosphere and a great game.

Last night, the halftime game between Parks Department under-10 league teams was more entertaining than the real game. We got there a little late, since it was a last-minute, Make-a-wish related dealie (long story, I won't explain), plus it was sleeting out; but when we got to our seats the Kings were already up by 15. It went downhill from there. The knicks not only were ice cold from the field but their play was sloppy, they committed tons of fouls, the Kings couldn't miss, and by the end the crowd was actually chanting "Tom Hanks! Tom Hanks!" because he had been shown on the jumbotron earlier. He got a bigger ovation than anything the Knicks did.

Wasn't the best first-time experience to which you would want to take your child. I fear my son will now grow up a Sacramento fan. I didn't have the heart to tell him that under normal circumstances, they'd be considered one of the shittiest teams in the league, they only looked like Finals contenders by comparison. But he got to see some future Knicks legends like...uhhh...some skinny guy named Shved...Um....Quincy Acy...Oh, oh yeah! Timmy Hardaway, Jr. ...Cole Aldrich...so many stars, too many to name without leaving somebody out.

Plus, the arena was so empty that they were giving away boxes of free popcorn while we were filing out.
Took your kid to a Knick's game? Is there any worse form of emotional abuse you can inflict on a child? I'm calling DHS!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took your kid to a Knick's game? Is there any worse form of emotional abuse you can inflict on a child? I'm calling DHS!

You wouldn't deport me for that, would you??? The tix were free! They practically MADE me go!

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't deport me for that, would you??? The tix were free! They practically MADE me go!
One year, my dad bought season tickets for the Padres (back in the early 70s) and my mom, who thought it was a huge waste of money, said to my dad, "You are simply going to teach your son that being a loser is an appropriate lifestyle."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been to msg in 4 plus years when LeBron played his first game as a heat in MSG. Now I just go to nets games. Shorter commute to see a better team for much less money

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been to msg in 4 plus years when LeBron played his first game as a heat in MSG. Now I just go to nets games. Shorter commute to see a better team for much less money

I plan to take in a Nets game/Islanders games at some point in the future, but the commute there is actually longer for me than to MSG.

I heard Barclays isn't the best venue in terms of sight lines?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true at least for basketball

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the haha funny jokes... but seriously I'd take my son to a Knicks game in a heartbeat if I was in town .

Obviously it'd be nice to get to watch some actual basketball while there... but I'd go just for the venue and the experience. One time, anyway.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You took your kid to a Knicks game?! I'm calling child services on you Sir.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the haha funny jokes... but seriously I'd take my son to a Knicks game in a heartbeat if I was in town .

Obviously it'd be nice to get to watch some actual basketball while there... but I'd go just for the venue and the experience. One time, anyway.

They did a nice job with the rebuild. And whenever I go to the Garden I always look at center ice/court "That's where Frazier and Ali fought the first time".

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did a nice job with the rebuild.

It looks great. Like I said, it had been a while since I had been there, I was impressed. It's always a great experience.