• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomsula Fired

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Tomsula will join Jim over at the Wolverines headquarters

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip is the new HC for the Lions by the morning I gather.

I will breathe a sigh of relief when that happens. Someone posted on another site that Marathe wants Chip Kelly. I thought that ass clown was long gone. If Marathe wants Chip Kelly, that is reason enough to know he is the wrong choice.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the press conference be to announce the return of Harbaugh? can it be this season really was just a bad dream?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted my feelings towards York on another thread. I'm pretty livid. Not at the firing, we all knew how this would end...more at the shit show this team continues to look like.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a huge supply of tomatoes they can have:)

Give some to me Patterson. I love tomatoes in my sandwiches and salad. It would a shame to throw perfectly nice tomatoes on York. He doesn't deserve them. I would rather throw some dog business from my two mastiffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be great to see when York has to tell everyone he screwed up and he will be out of this process and will let baalke finally make the pick.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The press conference was a yawner. He did say they made a mistake with Tomsula

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The press conference was a yawner. He did say they made a mistake with Tomsula

Some of the notable things I heard:

1). "Me and my family aren't afraid to make mistakes." Mission accomplished. In spades.
2). "The new HC has to have leadership qualities, and understand who the 49ers are." This one was a tricky slip up for Boy Blunder, as he actually did stumble over that last part. The way it came across to me was "This is my toy, and what I say goes."
3). When asked a followup based on what he felt was his biggest regret he said, and I'm paraphrasing, "The thing I learned the most was how I deal with the media, and criticism from the fans." This came across to me as though he was saying, "Now I'm going to care EVEN LESS what the fans think." And it gets to two main points which so many fans have been critical of this family of for 15 years. First, he simply doesn't understand that he was somehow involved in the annihilation of the franchise, which further points to how ridiculous his "hold me accountable" speech was last year. Second, without acknowledging any fault in this mess, how exactly is he going to fix it?
4). "I have full confidence in Baalke. He's built a championship caliber roster before." Excuse me, but he hasn't. At all. Harbaugh coached primarily McCloughan's guys into a championship caliber roster. Baalke added Bowman and Aldon through the draft. Nobody else is relevant that is still on this team, and Aldon is probably out of football because of his terrible character flaws.
5). "This team has been in my family since before I was born, and will be long after I'm gone." Great. Looks like my Sunday's just got a lot more free.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Uh, I read where Chip Kelly is interested in the 49ers job.

sure hope they don't select Chip Kelly.

My main issue is how he meshes with players, apparently not very well. no way a HC can become successful without the players following him 100%.