• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Gamble a lead candidate for Miami GM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One of the best execs in the last dozen or so years IMO. I'd be really hurt if he departed for Miami because returning to Philadelphia was so important to him and it was the biggest reason why the 49ers let him go. Maybe it'd be better if he went to an AFC team, though. If given the choice to START between Baalke and Gamble, I'd rather set myself up structurally with Gamble for the record.

-----------

The team is also expected to interview Green Bay senior personnel executive Alonzo High-smith for the post. The team also has interest in Green Bay director of pro personnel Eliot Wolf, who is the son of former long-time NFL personnel man Ron Wolf. Aside from Highsmith and Wolf, the team has shown interest in Omar Khan of Pittsburgh and former Kansas City and New England personnel man Scott Pioli.

Highsmith - Ehhh, so/so name.

Wolf - Very, very interesting and a good name.

Khan - One of the best names left that isn't already a GM in my opinion. Home run type.

Pioli - Doesn't impress me as a candidate like he used to but he's pretty dang good in the TV role so it'd be disappointing to see him step away from that.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I still don't get why he made a lateral move from SF to Philly. I don't buy that he always wanted to go back to Philly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Read Miami wants gamble because the owner still wants harbaugh.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still don't get why he made a lateral move from SF to Philly. I don't buy that he always wanted to go back to Philly.

His father was once president of the Eagles and he had family in the area that he wanted to be closer to. He's talked excitedly about getting the chance to help run an organization, though.