• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Night Shift Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you can't smoke in any bars here. You just step outside to do that. That's part of the issue I have. I like the social aspect and the routine.

So hit up a new bar and make friends who don't smoke. :humble:

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna sound very unconventional, but I used booze and sleep to kick my smoking habit.....

I took a week off of work, and I stayed in my apartment the entire week.......I slept, when I woke up I'd occasionally eat something but always drink tons of alcohol so I was immediately wasted again and wanted to sleep some more.....I slept probably 14-16 hours a day and drank like crazy the rest of the time without leaving......If I left, I could of been tempted to buy cigarettes.....

Probably not the best method of quitting, but it worked for me....

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna sound very unconventional, but I used booze and sleep to kick my smoking habit.....

I took a week off of work, and I stayed in my apartment the entire week.......I slept, when I woke up I'd occasionally eat something but always drink tons of alcohol so I was immediately wasted again and wanted to sleep some more.....I slept probably 14-16 hours a day and drank like crazy the rest of the time without leaving......If I left, I could of been tempted to buy cigarettes.....

Probably not the best method of quitting, but it worked for me....

Yeah, I'm not doing that. First of all, I live with kids. Second of all, I drunk text like a motherfucker. And third, like I said earlier, I want a break from the booze too. My brain feels funny.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not doing that. First of all, I live with kids. Second of all, I drunk text like a motherfucker. And third, like I said earlier, I want a break from the booze too. My brain feels funny.

Probably easier to kick one bad habit first. Otherwise, if you relapse on one, you will probably just say "fuck it" and relapse on the other as well. At least that's what I would do :(

Ive heard other methods work where you replace bad habits with good ones. Maybe instead of smoking, drop down and do some pushups.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've got this on lock-down.

I'm thinking I'll cut back on the alcohol when I graduate from grad school.

Of course, I don't drink that much now, but it's a pretty steady flow nonetheless.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably easier to kick one bad habit first. Otherwise, if you relapse on one, you will probably just say "fuck it" and relapse on the other as well. At least that's what I would do :(

Ive heard other methods work where you replace bad habits with good ones. Maybe instead of smoking, drop down and do some pushups.

Did you just call me fat. :censored:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What if your bad habit is procrastination? :noidea:

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got this on lock-down.

I'm thinking I'll cut back on the alcohol when I graduate from grad school.

Of course, I don't drink that much now, but it's a pretty steady flow nonetheless.

Thanks, DS. But I dunno. My roommate works there and there is not one person who works there that I'm not pretty close friends with. It's so easy to wander in when you're bored and talk to a handful of your homies.

Rusty Kuntz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if your bad habit is procrastination? :noidea:
Make a check list, every morning, of things you need to get done for the day, and check it off the list once you've completed the task.

That's what I do, and it helps.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, DS. But I dunno. My roommate works there and there is not one person who works there that I'm not pretty close friends with. It's so easy to wander in when you're bored and talk to a handful of your homies.

Get them on your terms.

Play laser tag or something. When you want to hang out, just call them and be like, "Laser tag. Now."

It's probably cheaper than drinking, too.

Of course, laser tag is just one example.

We'll deal with that tomorrow night....

Procrastinators unite....

...later.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make a check list, every morning, of things you need to get done for the day, and check it off the list once you've completed the task.

That's what I do, and it helps.

I did that for a while. Then I started to put off making the list.

:burt:

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
laser tag is an excellent substitution.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have laser tag in SF. I looked into it recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.