• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2021 Recruiting Thread

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Fongs predictions are coming true.. countdown to Henderson committing to tosu in 3..2...

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Unfortunately" for Michigan.

Even though hes likely to not end up at Ohio State, theres steam picking up for Donovan Edwards to UGA.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even though hes likely to not end up at Ohio State, theres steam picking up for Donovan Edwards to UGA.
What a swift kick to the ......

**BTW if this is true, this must mean that Evans is not going to show up to GA after things get back to normal

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a swift kick to the ......

**BTW if this is true, this must mean that Evans is not going to show up to GA after things get back to normal

IDK how much it means but one of Ohio State's top analysis CBed him to UGA earlier today. I'm guessing from following him so much thuse far he probably at least knows a little about the situation.

I dont think Michigan has actually gotten any predictions for him in quite awhile. It had been all Ohio State of late.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK how much it means but one of Ohio State's top analysis CBed him to UGA earlier today. I'm guessing from following him so much thuse far he probably at least knows a little about the situation.
please tell me it's not from Bill Kruelic or whatever his name is lol.. he's a Brandon Drumm at ou type of guy

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please tell me it's not from Bill Kruelic or whatever his name is lol.. he's a Brandon Drumm at ou type of guy

No, Andrew Ellis. He's not really that kind of type.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately for him, it's a matter of "you snooze, you lose" with OSU. I'm fine with it if it means we're getting Henderson. He is the real deal.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for him, it's a matter of "you snooze, you lose" with OSU. I'm fine with it if it means we're getting Henderson. He is the real deal.
Snooze you lose? Poooor Bijan

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that poor kid. Perfect example of parents putting their own wants ahead of what's best for the kid.
Well you could say the exact same thing for Donovan Jackson.. His momma bucknut made sure of that.. But who knows.. After this virus stuff.. She may decide its better to be in Austin than Columbus.. Which is a reason why I think Henderson may end up in VA or North Carolina when it's all said and done. But we'll see how this plays out.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you could say the exact same thing for Donovan Jackson.. His momma bucknut made sure of that.. But who knows.. After this virus stuff.. She may decide its better to be in Austin than Columbus.. Which is a reason why I think Henderson may end up in VA or North Carolina when it's all said and done. But we'll see how this plays out.
Except you can't say the exact same thing because OSU is dramatically better at developing players than Texas, UNC, VA, or any other program not named Alabama basically.

3 of OSU's last 4 RBs are 1st or 2nd round picks. Who was the last RB Texas even put in the league? Jamaal Charles?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you can't say the exact same thing because OSU is dramatically better at developing players than Texas, UNC, VA, or any other program not named Alabama basically.

3 of OSU's last 4 RBs are 1st or 2nd round picks. Who was the last RB Texas even put in the league? Jamaal Charles?
Malcolm Brown of the Rams.. But I see your point.. it's been a dark decade of Texas Football but the talent is now back for sure.. 2018 class was deep and now they are entering year 3 in the program.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Brown of the Rams.. But I see your point.. it's been a dark decade of Texas Football but the talent is now back for sure.. 2018 class was deep and now they are entering year 3 in the program.

Having talent isn't the problem. The problem is that the talent wastes away in Austin and doesn't develop.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having talent isn't the problem. The problem is that the talent wastes away in Austin and doesn't develop.
I just finished reading an article about the past decommits.. Only 2 really amounted to anything so far.. Rondale Moore and Xavier Newman..

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mack "Clappy" Brown Conundrum:
ITS THE TALENT
ITS THE COACHING
ITS THE BOOSTERS
ITS THE INEFFECTIVE AD
ITS THE FACILITIES

Rotate these in any order as needed. Feel free to call it "The Tom 'Kissyface' Herman Conundrum" when communicating with Millennials.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mack "Clappy" Brown Conundrum:
ITS THE TALENT
ITS THE COACHING
ITS THE BOOSTERS
ITS THE INEFFECTIVE AD
ITS THE FACILITIES

Rotate these in any order as needed. Feel free to call it "The Tom 'Kissyface' Herman Conundrum" when communicating with Millennials.
I have my issues with Mack because of his colossal mess ups after the 2009 season which resulted in a skeleton crew of a roster in 2015/2016 under Strong.

However from his seasons in 98-2010 he developed a lot of talent that went on to have some good success at the NFL level.

The demise of Texas in the past decade was a perfect storm of a coach who was poised to step down after the BCS championship game to only be scarred once McCoy went down early in the game. Muschamp already had Dana Holgerson in the bag to continue the Spread offense VY and Colt thrived in.

So instead we got Mack going back into time for a full 3 yard and a cloud of dust with the #1 DT QB in the nation. Add in an AD who was already hitting the door with no successor and boom there is how you have a bad decade in the making.

I expect this season will be the break through, because if not, Herman is gone. This is the best roster he has had since he arrived and the best roster Texas has had since the 2009 season. He got a mulligan this past off season with staff turnover.

Texas will figure this out soon.. I hope.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my issues with Mack because of his colossal mess ups after the 2009 season which resulted in a skeleton crew of a roster in 2015/2016 under Strong.

However from his seasons in 98-2010 he developed a lot of talent that went on to have some good success at the NFL level.

The demise of Texas in the past decade was a perfect storm of a coach who was poised to step down after the BCS championship game to only be scarred once McCoy went down early in the game. Muschamp already had Dana Holgerson in the bag to continue the Spread offense VY and Colt thrived in.

So instead we got Mack going back into time for a full 3 yard and a cloud of dust with the #1 DT QB in the nation. Add in an AD who was already hitting the door with no successor and boom there is how you have a bad decade in the making.

I expect this season will be the break through, because if not, Herman is gone. This is the best roster he has had since he arrived and the best roster Texas has had since the 2009 season. He got a mulligan this past off season with staff turnover.

Texas will figure this out soon.. I hope.

Define "breakthrough". 2018 wasn't too bad.