• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Braves Season Thread

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for @Chewbaccer's excuses tonight

So is it 2nd half of season since over half the games or not since before All-Star Break ?

No excuses tonight. He was terrible tonight.

But he is still our best option at closer, as bad as it seems. Our BP has fallen on hard times as a whole lately.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, tonight sucked big time. Watching that shit in the 9th inning tonight and losing nearly a grand on pocket aces vs pocket kings when a king spiked on the flop. God damn 2 outer turned a solid winning night into a losing night.

Could be worse I guess.

Call up AJ Minter, get him some action at closer with the big club.

Trade Phillips for whatever you can get and get Ozzie Albies up here at second base.

I'm done defending Johnson. I was in his corner all season, but even if he goes perfect the rest of the season, tonight was still unforgivable. So I apologize @Mistaken4193 and @gobigred .

Fact is we don't have a fucking closer.

Ramirez has fucked up every opportunity we've given him. Vizcaino has been just as bad as Johnson in save situations. Jason Motte has started looking like a guy we picked up off the scrap heap. I still don't know who the fuck Rex Brothers is. Sam Freeman is a middle reliever and that's all he'll ever be. Luke Jackson straight up fucking sucks. Ian Krol will either strikeout the side or give up 5 runs. Matt Wisler sucks as a starter and as a reliever. Mauricio Cabrera can't throw a strike in AAA. Really, AJ Minter in AAA might be our best option and he hasn't made one single pitch in the Majors.

Only thing I can really say is that this team has rebounded well all season, and hopefully tomorrow we can win in a non save situation and salvage at least a split in this series and then regroup over the All Star break.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, tonight sucked big time. Watching that shit in the 9th inning tonight and losing nearly a grand on pocket aces vs pocket kings when a king spiked on the flop. God damn 2 outer turned a solid winning night into a losing night.

Could be worse I guess.

Call up AJ Minter, get him some action at closer with the big club.

Trade Phillips for whatever you can get and get Ozzie Albies up here at second base.

I'm done defending Johnson. I was in his corner all season, but even if he goes perfect the rest of the season, tonight was still unforgivable. So I apologize @Mistaken4193 and @gobigred .

Fact is we don't have a fucking closer.

Ramirez has fucked up every opportunity we've given him. Vizcaino has been just as bad as Johnson in save situations. Jason Motte has started looking like a guy we picked up off the scrap heap. I still don't know who the fuck Rex Brothers is. Sam Freeman is a middle reliever and that's all he'll ever be. Luke Jackson straight up fucking sucks. Ian Krol will either strikeout the side or give up 5 runs. Matt Wisler sucks as a starter and as a reliever. Mauricio Cabrera can't throw a strike in AAA. Really, AJ Minter in AAA might be our best option and he hasn't made one single pitch in the Majors.

Only thing I can really say is that this team has rebounded well all season, and hopefully tomorrow we can win in a non save situation and salvage at least a split in this series and then regroup over the All Star break.
I think last night was it for us, If we hold on Im 90% sure we take 3 of 4 and we look good going into the break..now I think we drop these next 2 and our best move would be to unload Kemp,Phillips,Adams and maybe even Markakis.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butt Johnson out of Closer spot into Muddle relief and here is my 4 options:

1.AJ Minter- Why not...cant be worse than Jim.
2.Sam Freeman
3.Jason Motte
4.Kris Medlen.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butt Johnson out of Closer spot into Muddle relief and here is my 4 options:

1.AJ Minter- Why not...cant be worse than Jim.
2.Sam Freeman
3.Jason Motte
4.Kris Medlen.

I think Medlen might make his way into the rotation if Garcia doesn't turn things around again pretty soon. And what a comeback story that would be.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Medlen might make his way into the rotation if Garcia doesn't turn things around again pretty soon. And what a comeback story that would be.
Im actually really happy with the roatation now since we got rid of Fatolo.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im actually really happy with the roatation now since we got rid of Fatolo.

It's been good, but Garcia has been the weak link lately. Teheran is hit or miss, but at least he usually gets a lot of run support.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been good, but Garcia has been the weak link lately. Teheran is hit or miss, but at least he usually gets a lot of run support.
Garcia just always seems to have that 1 bad inning that fucks up everything.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia just always seems to have that 1 bad inning that fucks up everything.

That's how he was now an at the beginning of the year. He had a nice 5-6 start streak where he was second to only Folty in the rotation. I wish he could find that form again. Folty is our ace going forward IMO. I think he's finally figured it out.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how he was now an at the beginning of the year. He had a nice 5-6 start streak where he was second to only Folty in the rotation. I wish he could find that form again. Folty is our ace going forward IMO. I think he's finally figured it out.
Id Go....
1.Folty
2. Dickey
3.Newk
4.Julio
5.Garcia

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's try not to fuck this one up.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least we made him throw 20 pitches. The quicker we get to their Bullpen the better

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves lead 2-0 but more importantly Starsburg already at 40 pitches.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he had a good start the last time he faced them, but I'm always nervous when Teheran faces the Nats.

Nice to see the offense get a couple early runs. Would have been real easy to feel sorry for themselves after last night's shit show.