• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Today's reason to love Sean Lee

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the season ended today he's probably All Pro and this is what he's saying about himself.

“I think I have room to improve. I still think there’s a handful of plays I leave on the field each week, and I’m trying to get rid of them.”

Lee: I Think I Was Playing Better At Times Last Year

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's saying all the right things, he's smart, he's a hard worker...glad we have him locked up. If he doesn't suffer an injury he is going to be a beast, and the leader of this team, for a long time.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think today's reason to love him is the fact that he's still 100% healthy. If he goes down, our defense is done. Knock on wood.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it would probably be unthinkable , but ALL PRO may not be enough. I have seen recent polls on NFL NETWORK and maybe Sports nation that he is actually the Defensive POY right now. I know these are just polls and I dont see how that could happen, considering our defense and the way it has played so far, but it is still a great testament to the way he has played individually.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense is already done.

Why do you spend so much time watching and talking about a team whose season is already "over" and has no chance to do anything?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense is already done.

I completely disagree. The defense is still forcing big turnovers at a great rate. That is a key ingredient to be successful in this league. The biggest problem I have with the team is the offense right now. If this offense can get hot, the defense will not be much of a problem because even if it is bad, they still force turnovers and if our offense is putting pressure on the opponent to score, that means even more mistakes for our D to capitalize on. The Ravens just won a SB with a mediocre defense. Why? Because they forced turnovers, didn't turn the ball over, and the offense scored points.

People are really reading too much into the amount of yards the Cowboys are giving up. If you watched the Washington game last night, you'd see just how much yards don't mean much. Washington won in every area statistically on the scoreboard last night yet still lost. Yards given up don't mean much if you are still forcing turnovers, the offense is protecting the ball like the Cowboys are, and the opponent isn't scoring a ton of points. The problem Washington had last night is for all the yards they had, they only scored 27 points and only scored 3 in the 2nd half while their defense gave up a ton of points without giving up many yards and not being on the field long. Minnesota scored a bunch of points while barely having the ball and barely having over 300 yards. It's not how many yards you gain or give up, it's how many points that result from it. As mad as we all were at that Minnesota game, we still held them to 23 points, didn't turn the ball over, and forced big turnovers. So we limited the potential damage while Washington didn't even if our defense did give up more yards to Minny.

For as many yards the Cowboys have given up, they are still about league average in points given up and are 11th in point differential, and the most important thing, 2nd in the NFL in turnover differential. Had the offense simply showed up against Detroit before the 4th quarter, they would have beat Detriot by double digits despite giving up 500 or 600 yards. Honestly, they should have beat Detroit anyway but didn't due to bad clock management. The Cowboys can be a good football team if the offense can find a way to score consistently while maintaining their great rate at not turning the ball over, because it's been proven this defense can give us a big turnover in any given moment, even if they give up a lot of yards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we did have one turnover, but we still won the turnover battle against Minny.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everything plays a factor and turnovers sure are a big part of that, but if you suck and force turnovers, you still suck. I think the turnovers may be the only reason we are over .500, but that doesn't mean the defense isn't a problem. I'll take a defense that doesn't give up 400 yards passing every other game over one that does and has forced turnovers any day. Our pass defense has been pathetic.

But, my point was that there is still half a season to go. Why write them off? We have one of the best defensive players of the last 10 years coming back this week and within 3 weeks we should be as Healthy as we are going to get this year. Lee and Hatcher are playing great. If we can just turn Carter around, keep Scandrick and Selvie and the no names going and get some pass coverage we will be OK. May sound like a desperate attempt at optimism, but what can I say. I'm a fan...cover safeties are still the biggest problem with this defense IMO. Maybe Wilcox steps up when he comes back, maybe Heath plays well, or maybe we go with our top 3 CBs on the field 60% of the time when Claiborne gets healthy...who knows, but I'm not writing off the year when we are in first place...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem with the defense which has led to big yards is not getting off the field on 3rd down, which usually means there isnt consistent pressure. We have also had some quick strikes , whether it be a KR or INT return or simply a great run by a WR. You have to take the points though.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you spend so much time watching and talking about a team whose season is already "over" and has no chance to do anything?

Let me ask you then. Do we look like a legit NFC Championship or Super Bowl Contender?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Giants look legit their last two SB's.

You had to hear what the NY papers were saying about the Giants in 2011 when they went a losing streak late in the season.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shock value attention seeking?

Gimme a break...not the 'ole "shock value" statement again with you lol?? This defense is done ...he is 100% correct. Has been getting lit up like a Christmas tree all season long. So when you yahoos here are all done fawning all over and diluting yourselves when it comes to Oh No Romo and has been Ware, and now Sean Lee is our hero theme to beat your drums to, then maybe reality will finally hit home with you loverboys and you will just see an average overstated team with a puppet player lovin owner and a star struck and desperate fanbase locked in a never ending death spiral of hopelessness fanaticism.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was actually very well written there Frye

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly leave out the and before the word desperate

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly leave out the and before the word desperate

I am utterly disgusted with a fanbase and owner that puts blind faith in a false undrafted messiah simply because they are too afraid to look for another QB after so many failures, and is so willing to just discount his repeated obvious flaws. Now it's "ok look " see how special Sean Lee is ??

I don't root for individual players when you have a team just spinning it's wheels year after year, and awarding egregious undeserved and unearned contracts every damn season. Enough is enough.

Fucking pathetic