• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

To all the Dodger fans on the board!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to go 8-11 against the Giants this year...

The only game that mattered was the one I flew to San Fransisco to see Kershaw win the division! That was priceless!

Well ok it was quite costly since I was there for a week, Damn SF is expensive!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say that again...Dodgers need some bats their hitting is atrocious and the Bull pen is hurting as well.

Ya, one guy with over 60 RBIs is not good! We will also need pitching, since I don't think Grienke will be back! We had a3 year window with Kershaw and Greinke and we blew it!

Mattingly needs to go, I know he doesn't hit or pitch, but his moves are typical Donny Dum Dum!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many WS trophies has those last 3 division titles resulted in? I eagerly await your response.

What do past trophies have to do with this year's head-to-head record that you brought up? I could care less about your next deflecting response.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do past trophies have to do with this year's head-to-head record that you brought up? I could care less about your next deflecting response.

You mean the head to head record the Giants won this year? Anyway, at the end of the day, it's all about WS rings. So, again, have any of those 3 division titles resulted in a WS win?

Win all the division titles you want. I'll take wild card entrant and WS ring every time.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the head to head record the Giants won this year? Anyway, at the end of the day, it's all about WS rings. So, again, have any of those 3 division titles resulted in a WS win?

Win all the division titles you want. I'll take wild card entrant and WS ring every time.

Two of those Giants' WS trophies came after winning the division. Don't sell us short.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard in Philly is available if the Dodgers if you want hitting (not) and are willing to take the last year of a bloated contract. He could be reunited with his ex-Phillie mates J-Rol and Utley.

As a Giants fan, I would love it if the Dodgers assembled that Trio of Old Former Phillies.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If only it was every time. Not this year.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya it's been a while, but we really don't want to go back into the past do we, because it would be no comparison between who has been better, LA or SF.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya it's been a while, but we really don't want to go back into the past do we, because it would be no comparison between who has been better, LA or SF.

Yep. We both know which team has more WS titles, head-to-head wins and the most HOF players. Hint: It's not the Dodgers.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. We both know which team has more WS titles, head-to-head wins and the most HOF players. Hint: It's not the Dodgers.

As I've said before, and I think Retro has also mentioned it, your reading comprehension isn't very good! LA has more WS titles than SF does! And HoF players, who gives a shit, what does that have to do with anything?

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've said before, and I think Retro has also mentioned it, your reading comprehension isn't very good! LA has more WS titles than SF does! And HoF players, who gives a shit, what does that have to do with anything?

My reading comprehension is fine. I just won't ignore the history of both teams like you do in order to win an argument. I couldn't care less where each team plays. All that matters is the name on the jersey.

The bottom line is, the Giants have been the superior franchise compared to the Dodgers and there's nothing you can hang your hat on to prove otherwise.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reading comprehension is fine. I just won't ignore the history of both teams like you do in order to win an argument. I couldn't care less where each team plays. All that matters is the name on the jersey.

The bottom line is, the Giants have been the superior franchise compared to the Dodgers and there's nothing you can hang your hat on to prove otherwise.

Well it's like anything else in "my lifetime" I could give a shit what happened before my lifetime or before I started following "my team". Do you give a shit what the Cleveland Rams ever did? I sure the hell don't!

My brother was born in SF and I was born in LA, we don't give each other shit about our teams because we really have nothing to do with whether or not they are good! The SF giants were a very good team in the sixies, they were probably one of the better teams in the league, with Mays, McCovey, and Cepeda, but they just never got over the hump.

My brother has gone through a lot of not very good years following the Giants, while the Dodgers have been pretty good for most of those years. He is a 49ers fan and his team has had way more success than my team , you know, the LA Rams, and St Louis Rams, teams that are relevant unlike the Cleveland Rams!!!!

So ya, in my lifetime, which is really the only time that matters to me, SF has not been very good other than a few years in the past 50. But you go on and hang onto all "your" championships that I'm sure you don't really even know much about, or players you never even saw play or even heard of!

So go ahead and throw your little bullshit out there and hang onto something I'm sure you know nothing about! But than again I'm sure you can name the players on those teams? I doubt you could come up with a handful of names On any of those teams "before" your time, but go ahead and look it up and then come back and tell us all that you can, then I can call bullshit on you!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's like anything else in "my lifetime" I could give a shit what happened before my lifetime or before I started following "my team". Do you give a shit what the Cleveland Rams ever did? I sure the hell don't!

My brother was born in SF and I was born in LA, we don't give each other shit about our teams because we really have nothing to do with whether or not they are good! The SF giants were a very good team in the sixies, they were probably one of the better teams in the league, with Mays, McCovey, and Cepeda, but they just never got over the hump.

My brother has gone through a lot of not very good years following the Giants, while the Dodgers have been pretty good for most of those years. He is a 49ers fan and his team has had way more success than my team , you know, the LA Rams, and St Louis Rams, teams that are relevant unlike the Cleveland Rams!!!!

So ya, in my lifetime, which is really the only time that matters to me, SF has not been very good other than a few years in the past 50. But you go on and hang onto all "your" championships that I'm sure you don't really even know much about, or players you never even saw play or even heard of!

So go ahead and throw your little bullshit out there and hang onto something I'm sure you know nothing about! But than again I'm sure you can name the players on those teams? I doubt you could come up with a handful of names On any of those teams "before" your time, but go ahead and look it up and then come back and tell us all that you can, then I can call bullshit on you!

Baseball, more than any other sport imo, is celebrated for its history and the players from past era's. You're telling me that you don't know the Dodger greats from Brooklyn? That's pretty pathetic. I may not know every single player from each championship team, but I do know the greats that are an integral part of Giants history, from Christy Matthewson to Mel Ott or the great John McGraw. I don't know about you, but I've been fortunate to have two Giants fans in my dad and grandpa who could tell me stories about these great players and great teams they saw. Oh, and there's this great invention called the internet where you can find this history...

While we're on the subject of “in my lifetime" and selective history, it's 3 championships to 0 in my lifetime.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that if you follow a team that you should know some of their history, but like a typical Yankee fan who could name Ruth and Gehrig and not many others, then throw the "who has more titles" crap out there, is totally irrelevant. I'll give you the Giants have had some great "recent" success, good for them, Im actually happy for my brother, he hadn't had much to cheer about his baseball team in his lifetime!

"My" dodgers have only had 13 losing seasons in over 50 years of following them, that's pretty good, they may not have won in over 25 years, and they shouldn't have even won it in 1988, but the best team doesn't always win, obviously one of the better teams are going to win and it's who ever plays the best during the playoffs, the Giants have proved that, doesn't mean they actually were the best team, just means they were one of the best teams and they played better than the other good teams when it mattered in the end!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball, more than any other sport imo, is celebrated for its history and the players from past era's. You're telling me that you don't know the Dodger greats from Brooklyn? That's pretty pathetic. I may not know every single player from each championship team, but I do know the greats that are an integral part of Giants history, from Christy Matthewson to Mel Ott or the great John McGraw. I don't know about you, but I've been fortunate to have two Giants fans in my dad and grandpa who could tell me stories about these great players and great teams they saw. Oh, and there's this great invention called the internet where you can find this history...

While we're on the subject of “in my lifetime" and selective history, it's 3 championships to 0 in my lifetime.

Didn't realize you were that young. Still, beating your chest while missing the playoffs this year is a bit odd.