• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Titans @ Redskins (week 7)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad...

Simple question here. Agree or disagree.

We have a kicker who is accurate on field goals, but cant seem to do kickoffs.

We have an O-line that at least used to be able to run block, but cant pass block.

We have an accurate young QB who struggles to read defenses and holds onto the ball too long.

We have another young QB who doesnt hold onto the ball to long, but gets flustered and throws picks.

I could go on down the list until I hit 53, but the point is, we have 53 guys and you would be hard pressed to find 20 of them that are complete players at their respective positions. I expect our KICKER to be able to help out on special teams. You want to call it hating because you know that while you might not agree with them, I make VALID points period.

now let be real here . you arent going to field a team with 53 players who are complete

this team doesnt have the talent some think it does . and the coaching is wanting one defense and special teams

the goal would be to get as many complete players as we can but that will take time

time you wont give

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now let be real here . you arent going to field a team with 53 players who are complete

this team doesnt have the talent some think it does . and the coaching is wanting one defense and special teams

the goal would be to get as many complete players as we can but that will take time

time you wont give

We have sucked ass in one form or another since the 90s... how much more TIME are we supposed to think this thing will take?? I dont expect 53 complete players, but would it be too much to ask for say 2/3s of the roster??

Lets be honest here.. I called out the last QB you said we needed to be patient with and give him time. And he never became more than average. I called out RG3 from jump as likely being a mistake. I was one of the very few to state this would be a mistake. we have had the same debate for over 10 years, I would respect the position more however if the same "reasons" you give for Campbell and Now RG3 struggling, we applied to the other Qbs we have had as well.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making 4 Field goals from 31 yards in is not considered to be a clutch kicker. A clutch kicker to me is consistently kicking 45-50 yard Fg's in the 1st qtr to the 4tq qtr. The game winner today was basically a extra point. If he missed that kick he would of been cut right after the game. Yes, the most accurate Fg kicker in Skins history would have been cut cali. Kai has to be one of the only kickers in the league who cant consistently kick the ball out the end zone on kick offs.

Clutch kickers don't miss 40 yard FG's in the 4th qtr like he did in the Eagles game which would of turned that game right around. Yes a division game to boot. I totally agree with you on this Shark.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have sucked ass in one form or another since the 90s... how much more TIME are we supposed to think this thing will take?? I dont expect 53 complete players, but would it be too much to ask for say 2/3s of the roster??

Lets be honest here.. I called out the last QB you said we needed to be patient with and give him time. And he never became more than average. I called out RG3 from jump as likely being a mistake. I was one of the very few to state this would be a mistake. we have had the same debate for over 10 years, I would respect the position more however if the same "reasons" you give for Campbell and Now RG3 struggling, we applied to the other Qbs we have had as well.

if you know a better way to fix this with taking some time to get the ingredients in place shark then i am all ears please enlighten me

and great so you called the trade as bad , so did i . i was against giving that price up too because the o/line needed addressing and my core values are to value your draft picks

i have never advocated gutting drafts for players (qbs ) as someone i know on this board has

and tannehill is a bus driver and you would have run him out of town too

and again shark you have misstated my position on JC and you do that whenever you cant come up with anything

for the record again i gave JC 3 years . he didnt do it so my position was to build up the o/line , and stop gap Jc till we found the qb we wanted .

instead we sent draft picks for DMAC and that failed as well

but i digress tell me how you will plan to fix this team without taking the time to acquire the players

what 20 players do you plan on getting in one year to fix this ace (that number comes from the 20 you say are complete players )

what qb is available to fix this shark ? what coach ? GM ?

i see no other way but to be patient and take the time to get the players you need but hey enlighten me bar raiser

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you know a better way to fix this with taking some time to get the ingredients in place shark then i am all ears please enlighten me

and great so you called the trade as bad , so did i . i was against giving that price up too because the o/line needed addressing and my core values are to value your draft picks

i have never advocated gutting drafts for players (qbs ) as someone i know on this board has

and tannehill is a bus driver and you would have run him out of town too

and again shark you have misstated my position on JC and you do that whenever you cant come up with anything

for the record again i gave JC 3 years . he didnt do it so my position was to build up the o/line , and stop gap Jc till we found the qb we wanted .

instead we sent draft picks for DMAC and that failed as well

but i digress tell me how you will plan to fix this team without taking the time to acquire the players

what 20 players do you plan on getting in one year to fix this ace (that number comes from the 20 you say are complete players )

what qb is available to fix this shark ? what coach ? GM ?

i see no other way but to be patient and take the time to get the players you need but hey enlighten me bar raiser

Oh I agree its going to take time. But I think more than time it will take committing to the RIGHT players.

This team has constantly been committing to the wrong players, in particular at the QB position. If anything McNabb should have been seen as a stop gap player. As far as what coach, we fired him because he wasnt exciting enough. I dont think Marty would have won us a Lombardi, but he would have left this team in a position to compete, and with a roster built to do more than simply be rebuilt again in two years.

The real problem is, the owner wont be happy with a grind it out, defensive team. And for all the BS the fan base puts out, most of them wouldnt be happy with that either.

So odds are that unless Gruden can some how have us competing for a Lombardi by 2016, we will be on to the next contestant by 2017.

By the way, I dont think the move was bad because of what we did it for, but because of who we did it for. Big difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree its going to take time. But I think more than time it will take committing to the RIGHT players.

This team has constantly been committing to the wrong players, in particular at the QB position. If anything McNabb should have been seen as a stop gap player. As far as what coach, we fired him because he wasnt exciting enough. I dont think Marty would have won us a Lombardi, but he would have left this team in a position to compete, and with a roster built to do more than simply be rebuilt again in two years.

The real problem is, the owner wont be happy with a grind it out, defensive team. And for all the BS the fan base puts out, most of them wouldnt be happy with that either.

So odds are that unless Gruden can some how have us competing for a Lombardi by 2016, we will be on to the next contestant by 2017.

By the way, I dont think the move was bad because of what we did it for, but because of who we did it for. Big difference.

fine shark , committing to the best players is fine and dandy . whining about patience is foolish because you have no choice

i say fix the LOS before going after a qb . stopgap what we have and get the qb we want when we have a quality team around him

and dont come back 3 years from now and talk to me about my undying love for Rg3

because i am on record for stop gapping him

and by the way its a bad move no matter who you do it for because it rarely works out

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fine shark , committing to the best players is fine and dandy . whining about patience is foolish because you have no choice

i say fix the LOS before going after a qb . stopgap what we have and get the qb we want when we have a quality team around him

and dont come back 3 years from now and talk to me about my undying love for Rg3

because i am on record for stop gapping him

Fine, lets say we stopgap him... what kind of offense do you run??? If you run an offense that fits his skill sets, you then start to get players that fit that offense. Again this goes back to a decided lack of effort in figuring out WHAT the team is going to be. You stop gap Griffin, then you build an offense around him and hope for what?? That you can find a QB that can run a non traditional offense AND can stay healthy??

Point being, that until you know what kind of team you are going to run, you have no idea what to get to QB. We moved up to grab a QB, and right now I dont even think the HC is really committed to a style of offense because he has three distinctly different QBs.