• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titanfall pre-loading today for PC... FAP FAP FAP

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My PC started downloading the 34GB file and finished in about 1 hour for the upcoming Titanfall release. It is unpacking now...

Super excited... I watched the beta on twitch. 3 more days. Monday at 11pm it unlocks my time.

Also, I bought my kids a PS4.... love playing NBA and FIFA but I tried to play BF4 and in my opinion I don't know how console players do it. Compared to a Mouse and Keyboard that I have been playing since back in beta... controllers plain suck. Tracking and kill rate with a mouse vs. right stick is just not a contest.

How do you guys do it with controllers on FPS games?

I am still playing BF4 and Heartstone beta on the PC... when Hearthstone comes out on ipads and mobile, shit will blow up.. that game is ultra addictive.

Anyway.. great time to be a gamer.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get accepted into the XB1 Titan Fall beta. Hopefully the game lives up to the hype cause it will be the only thing that saves this console.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to find it hard to pay new game prices for something that is multiplayer only. There is no campaign for this game. While the reviews of the game have been good so far, I'm probably going to pass on it.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get accepted into the XB1 Titan Fall beta. Hopefully the game lives up to the hype cause it will be the only thing that saves this console.

Yeah I went with a PS4 for my kids. I don't want a "media" console ... I already have a media closet in my home where everything lives... and have RF eyes in the light switches around the house to control it. We have Directv, Apple TV (where we run Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Go, etc.) on it... we have a XBOX 360 and PS4... and our TV is a smart TV to boot. Why do I want yet another media box that duplicates all that?

Which is my other problem with the XB1... I have no use for the Kinect camera or system. My console is in a closet 40 ft away... all I have is a beautiful flat creen on the wall. No boxes... etc. Even if there was a feasible way to run a cable through the wall for the Kinext, I wouldn't want that ugly POS on my wall anyway.

PS4 is fine for us... any game like titanfall I would play on the PC anyways. PS4 is simple and powerful... so far we all love it. When MLB The Show comes out later this year, I will love it more. I only play NBA 2k14 and FIFA 14 on it... my kids like Rayman, Knack, etc...

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to find it hard to pay new game prices for something that is multiplayer only. There is no campaign for this game. While the reviews of the game have been good so far, I'm probably going to pass on it.

Funny enough... when I logged on you have choice of campaign mode or classic mode. I immediately was like wtf is this? I thought there was no single player mode. And there isn't.

What campaign mode is which I thought was really cool is a campaign mode with cut scenes and specific missions that you do multiplayer. So you get some of the feel of the single player campaign but with other people.

And since you are playing 6v6 with 12 drone AI players on each side... it is almost a blend of single player and multiplayer.

I am still trying to decide if that is good or bad? What is nice about the drones AI players (which look just like a real player outside the name) is you are getting kills which is fun (unlike CoD of BF4 where you can go through small droughts of getting killed only due to bad spawn points and no AI players which are a bit easier to kill).

On the flip side, only 6v6 human players on PC is a little underwhelming... but then again the maps are relatively small. It would have been better if they allowed 12v12 on PC (the maps are big enough for that) and just cut back the number of AI drones.

Still... very fun game... very fast paced.... easy to play... with tons of cool cut scenes in campaign to keep the story moving... and looks unreal in 1080 on my dual 27" screens.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Titanfall 2 will be awesome

I might get into Hearthstone at some point. I like the WoW CCG and it looks pretty similar.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Titanfall 2 will be awesome

I might get into Hearthstone at some point. I like the WoW CCG and it looks pretty similar.

Heartstone is super addictive. Probably my favorite game out right now.

They are suppose to be making an ipad / iphone/ android version... if they do it will be the run away hit.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

XB1 beta was opened up after a few days...