• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Timonen extended one year

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
now homer saying "not true"

not sure what to believe. it was eklund who reported it after all..

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Woot. When has Eklund ever been right:laugh3:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pannachio was saying a possible 1 yr $6m extension was on the way. I love Timonen and all but I'm hoping he gives a bit more of a discount honestly.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah if its for 6 mil that's really steep. not saying kimmo isn't worth big money, but at the end of the 1 year extension he will be 39. is he really going to be playing worth 6 mil? i love kimmo and want him to keep playing as long as he can, but i was hoping he'd come back for another year or two at something more reasonable like 3-4 mil

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah if its for 6 mil that's really steep. not saying kimmo isn't worth big money, but at the end of the 1 year extension he will be 39. is he really going to be playing worth 6 mil? i love kimmo and want him to keep playing as long as he can, but i was hoping he'd come back for another year or two at something more reasonable like 3-4 mil

I like him too,but 6 mil is way too much.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him too,but 6 mil is way too much.

not that I think Kimmo is like this but who else can they sign worth a damn who will be a ufa and perform at his level? if the answer is no one he's worth what he can get, I would love to see him sign a friendlier deal is all.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
6 mil is too much, though he has definitely been improving (i thought the first 4 games he was awful) it is his loss of speed that makes me think no way should they give him 6 mil.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not that I think Kimmo is like this but who else can they sign worth a damn who will be a ufa and perform at his level? if the answer is no one he's worth what he can get, I would love to see him sign a friendlier deal is all.

:agree: I'm good with it. Only a 1 year deal and besides what other good dman is realistically available if we don't keep him?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HockeyBuzz.com - Bill Meltzer - Flyers Gameday: 2/7/13 vs. Panthers

"The Flyers have reportedly agreed to a one-year contract extension with Kimmo Timonen. Due to the back-diving structure of his soon-to-expire seven-year contract, Timonen's salary will double next season from the prorated $3 million he's making in 2012-13. However, his cap hit will decrease slightly to $6 million.

Although coming off a stellar game against Tampa Bay, the 38-year-old four-time NHL All-Star has appeared at times this season to have lost a step. Even so, he still remains the single most important member of the Philadelphia blueline.

Timonen would have been the top remaining potential unrestricted free agent defenseman on the market this July, which means his open market value would have been in line with the money he'll get next year from the Flyers. Beyond Timonen, the top available names would be the likes of Sergei Gonchar, Ron Hainsey, Lubomir Visnovsky, Mark Streit, Ryan Whitney and defensive defenseman Robyn Regehr. None of those players have Timonen's two-way ability.

Because Timonen's extension is only for one year, the NHL's over-35 rules will not apply to the new deal. Additionally, his price tag was NOT going to decrease by a penny between now and July (and there's no such thing as a hometown discount anymore in the league, especially after two lockouts)."

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have liked to see less money but if anyone deserves it its him. Hopefully doesn't screw up a big FA move this summer.