• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Brown Believe Callahn "Sabotaged" Superbowl 37

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Talk about being a sore loser. Tim Brown makes Wes Welker's wife look classy.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt that Rice was simply confirming that the game plan changed at the last minute/second which is an action worthy of suspicion or at the very least it raises some serious questions. I think he tip-toed around making or supporting the accusation of sabotage.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol they only ran the ball 9 times that game. Charlie Garner ran 7 times, crockett twice. That defiantly didn't help their chances.

Neither did Gannon's 5 INTs

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
lol they only ran the ball 9 times that game. Charlie Garner ran 7 times, crockett twice. That defiantly didn't help their chances.

Neither did Gannon's 5 INTs

Neither did Barret Robbins losing his noodle.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone help decipher what in the hell Brown is saying in the second quote?

----------------------------------------------------------

"We all called it sabotage ... because Callahan and Gruden were good friends," Brown said. "And Callahan had a big problem with the Raiders, you know, hated the Raiders. You know, only came because Gruden made him come."

Brown tried to backtrack from the word "sabotage" on Wednesday in a radio interview with "The Dan Patrick Show."

"I have never said that he sabotaged the game," Brown said Wednesday. "All I was saying after the game was, you know, the question was asked about this situation, but no one ever said -- and I said on the radio show last Saturday night -- that's something that could never be proven. We can't go inside the mind of Bill Callahan and say, 'Oh, yeah, we knew exactly what he was thinking, what he was trying to do.' All I'm saying is, the question was asked. But of course the media hears 'sabotage' and 'Bill Callahan' and 'throwing the football game,' now they're saying 'throwing the football game' and that terminology was never used. But that wasn't the intent."

-----------------------------------------------------------

I mean, he acts like he is saying, you got this whole thing wrong, you hear a word and then you run with the story. But while he is saying that, he confirms it, where the only thing of substance he says to change it is to say that it's his opinion not a fact that everyone knows. Well, we knew that already.

Here's my translation:

You mean when I described acts that would be "throwing the football game" you thought I was insinuating that he was trying to "throw the football game" - well that's you jiveturkeygobblegobbleturkeyjive media jumping on a word, all I said was that he tried to sabotage and throw the football game. I may have said that he tried to lose the game for us because he likes Gruden and hates the Raiders, but "throw the football game" - I don't see how you got that from what I said.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did Barret Robbins losing his noodle.

I actually read a story earlier today saying while Robbins was mentally unstable he had spent all morning in a heated arguement with Callahan the morning of the superbowl.The arguement was related to a last minute change in the game plan where Callahan abandoned the running game completely and that's what set him off.There was also a reference from Warren Sapp saying the Bucs d was lining up in the line of scrimmage and laughing because the knew the plays.And for what its worth Tim Brown never complained and was always a class act this isn't like your talking about randy moss,to or ocho Vinci here.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually read a story earlier today saying while Robbins was mentally unstable he had spent all morning in a heated arguement with Callahan the morning of the superbowl.The arguement was related to a last minute change in the game plan where Callahan abandoned the running game completely and that's what set him off.There was also a reference from Warren Sapp saying the Bucs d was lining up in the line of scrimmage and laughing because the knew the plays.And for what its worth Tim Brown never complained and was always a class act this isn't like your talking about randy moss,to or ocho Vinci here.

Take that back! :rant: ;)