• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tillman done for the year... placed on IR

Mikefive

KFFL Mod... SportsHoopla nobody
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't agree more with the sentiments expressed here. Charles Tillman is a great individual and an outstanding player. I'm not sure he invented the ball punch, but he is clearly the master at it. I expect that he'll be there with the team coaching up his replacement for the duration of his contract. I'm sad that his career has probably come to an end like this.

Remember this?
Charles Tillman 'saves' sideline reporter Laura Okmin from camera cart - YouTube

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reporter was starry eyed there for a second, lol.

DaBearFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite Bears. So exciting to watch as a fan. So frustrating to watch if you were an opponent. The Peanut Punch was amazing, as was his propensity for INT's. Will miss this class act of the NFL.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate seeing things like this happen to the players like Tillman. I agree, it probably is a career for him. When you start getting older and a play like that results in season ending injuries, it's probably time. It sucks though. Excellent player that went about his business with the true class of a great professional.

Whatever he does, I wish him success in his future. Unless of course he decides to play again and it's against GB.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite Bears. So exciting to watch as a fan. So frustrating to watch if you were an opponent. The Peanut Punch was amazing, as was his propensity for INT's. Will miss this class act of the NFL.

I was thinking of this last night. Throw a punch in the air. Do it right where you are twisting your wrist at the point of contact. The one place you feel it is in your tricep. Its amazing to me how the Peanut Punch defined his career, and might be the reason it ended early.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peanut was as great of a man and teammate as he was a player. One of the easiest athletes to root for.

This^^^^ not a bears fan but definitely a peanut Tillman fan. Everything this guy does has "great dude" written all over it. Sad day in chitown.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I am hoping for if in fact he accepts his career is done. Its probably like alot of players, deciding if he wants to go thru preparation for another year. He would probably be able to come back for the playoffs, but the way this roster is going down with injuries, they needed to put him on season ending. I am sure he can come back and play nickel, but he wanted to end his career where he started.

If he chooses he will be able to coach anywhere he wants, they need to make him an offer early when he decides because someone is gonna get him quick.

He'll likely do what most guys do. Take a year or two off and lay in the sun for while, and appear on radio/TV as an analyst. He said a while back he wanted to go into sports radio after his career. He also (believe it or not) that he'd like to be a Chicago Police Officer. lol

But I really really hope eventually he comes back to coach our DB's.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No name rookie… vs Randy Moss. Enough said. From this point on, if you didn't already know him, you knew him. He was becoming one of my favorite Bears before he did this, but this just sealed it. He simply wanted that ball more than Moss.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSgLNeuV_tM[/YOUTUBE]

jamus34

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll likely do what most guys do. Take a year or two off and lay in the sun for while, and appear on radio/TV as an analyst. He said a while back he wanted to go into sports radio after his career. He also (believe it or not) that he'd like to be a Chicago Police Officer. lol

But I really really hope eventually he comes back to coach our DB's.

He's one of the guys that I really hope the Bears leave with a standing offer that if he wants a job in the industry it's his. Not even coaching...hell, he can be a PR guy considering all of the humanitarian stuff he's done throughout his career. I know he stated he has no interest in coaching but damn there's got to be a place for him in Halas Hall.

I gotta admit I haven't gotten choked up like this hearing about a player since the day I heard Walter pass. If the NFL really wants to get past the image that all they employee are thugs and criminals he's the type of guy they should be parading out front and center.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was my favorite player on those great bears defenses in the 00s an all round classy player with a ton of ability on the field in his prime. I remember all of the highlights from the randy moss interception to saving that reporter from getting hit on the sidelines. A stand up guy that every football player should look up to regarding how to conduct themselves. On another note, I don't want to sound heartless, but his play had deteriorated immensely the last two years to almost becoming a liability on defense. I was really expecting him to get injured this year at the beginning of the season, but it always hurts to see a player end his career like that. I hope he can show fuller a few things though.

Westpoint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
photos_3.htm

This is the last time I felt this way. I posted this on kffl as well.