• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Tigers/Yanks Suspensions

Who will get suspended?

• Miguel Cabrera

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • Austin Romine

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Gary Sanchez

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • Dellin Betances

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Joe Girardi

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Brad Ausmus

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Tommy Kahnle

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Other player(s)

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SANCHEZ should get punished the most.

Cabrera needs to be punished for being the ultimate spark and hothead who lost his cool.

The other stuff was just the run of the mill usual "unwritten rules" and childish baseball stuff.

SANCHEZ decided to be a complete punk, embarrassed himself, and hurt his teammates with selfish punk antics.

MLB folks are killing him all day along everywhere outside of NY.

I don't think Betances was trying to hit him (or at least not in the head), but I think you have to suspend him just to send a memo to all 30 teams that headhunting will never be tolerated.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SANCHEZ should get punished the most.

Cabrera needs to be punished for being the ultimate spark and hothead who lost his cool.

The other stuff was just the run of the mill usual "unwritten rules" and childish baseball stuff.

SANCHEZ decided to be a complete punk, embarrassed himself, and hurt his teammates with selfish punk antics.

MLB folks are killing him all day along everywhere outside of NY.

NY too

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hunch is that both managers get 1-2 games, Kahnle gets 2-3 games for the 1st intentional HBP (if you believe Sanchez getting hit in the hip was an accident), Sanchez gets 3-5 games for his actions during the brawl, Betances gets about 6 games as a message that you don't hit a guy in the head when retaliating (I realize that probably wasn't his intention, but the message still needs to be sent), and Romine and Cabrera get somewhere between 6-10 games for their roles in escalating matters.

After appeals, the suspensions end up being staggered/delayed until after roster expansion to minimize the impact on each team.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which players will get suspended from yesterday's brawls? And most specifically how long will Cabrera and Romine be suspended since they surely will get something?
Suspend them all - but LOL at a dirty player Like Gary calling out Pedro Martinez - that was really rich

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victor Martinez

3 games for being a cowardly traitor

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major League Baseball has suspended Miguel Cabrera seven games for his involvement in Thursday's brawl with the Yankees.
Major League Baseball has suspended Gary Sanchez four games for his involvement in Thursday's brawl with the Tigers.
Major League Baseball has suspended Alex Wilson four games for his involvement in Thursday's brawl with the Yankees.
Major League Baseball suspended Austin Romine two games for his involvement in Thursday's brawl with the Tigers.:suds:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major League Baseball has suspended Miguel Cabrera seven games for his involvement in Thursday's brawl with the Yankees.
Major League Baseball has suspended Gary Sanchez four games for his involvement in Thursday's brawl with the Tigers.
Major League Baseball has suspended Alex Wilson four games for his involvement in Thursday's brawl with the Yankees.
Major League Baseball suspended Austin Romine two games for his involvement in Thursday's brawl with the Tigers.:suds:

Brad Ausmus got a game also

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also note Fulmer's reaction, the situation (tied game with man on first and Judge on deck), and the fact that he threw warm up pitches after.

"but he hit my Yankee, there's no way it wasn't intentional"

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez should get the most

Cabrera next

Betances will get hit hard but I really don't think he should

Romine 2 games

Kahle nothing

I actually think Torre will hit the Yankees hard to protect against any bias accusations

so much for that theory...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also note Fulmer's reaction, the situation (tied game with man on first and Judge on deck), and the fact that he threw warm up pitches after.

"but he hit my Yankee, there's no way it wasn't intentional"

That was fucking ridiculous. Girardi needed his ass kicked for his whining.

Maybe Fulmer did try to hit him?

But it was just as ridiculous as team to bean a guy as Betances situation and in Fulmers case he didn't bean the guy in the head....and had the trainers come out.

Girardi is an idiot.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they didn't. Betances didn't get anything and he hit a guy in the head. Intentional or not, he should have been punished to deter other players from headhunting.
And Sanchez only got 4 games?! Yeah, they definitely did not get it right. Maybe Torre was indeed soft on the Yankees for being Yankees after all.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Sanchez only got 4 games?! Yeah, they definitely did not get it right. Maybe Torre was indeed soft on the Yankees for being Yankees after all.

4 games is usually the standard for fight these days unless you're the one who began the brawl. Just look at Odor, Strickland, and Miggy for fights that happened the last 2 seasons. All those guys got between 6-8 games. Anyone else involved in the brawl got 4 or fewer. Not exactly rocket science. Just had to look at previous suspensions to see Sanchez was going to get about 4 games.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they didn't. Betances didn't get anything and he hit a guy in the head. Intentional or not, he should have been punished to deter other players from headhunting.

Betances not getting anything was the smartest move MLB could have made

They correctly analyzed all the circumstances, instead of just saying "Throw at the head, must suspend"

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Betances was trying to hit him (or at least not in the head), but I think you have to suspend him just to send a memo to all 30 teams that headhunting will never be tolerated.
Totally agree!!