• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Thunder at Trail Blazers, December 4th, 2013

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My native city's Thunder winning tonight would help me cope with my adapted city's
Red Sox losing Jacoby Ellsbury to the Sinstripes. I'll manage, win or lose but a win
would make it easier.

Thunder come in 13-3, only 2 games behind Indiana for best record in the league.

Portland is 15-3 and at home, so it will be a challenge beating them.

Rookie Steven Adams has looked very good so far and has a PER that is quite acceptable for an inexperienced forward. That's good news for OKC considering that Perk's legs could put him on the disabled list at any time.

Serge "I-Block-A" Ibaka continues to get less credit than I think he deserves for the Thunder's success since his arrival. 2 consecutive years with a PER of 19 or better and 19.0 so far this season might help rectify that situation.

It's possible I have underestimated Russell Westbrook in the past. I continue to think him better suited toSG than PG,
however.

I'll let someone else post details on Blazer players because I just don't know enough about them.

GO THUNDER! :yahoo::nod::yahoo::nod::yahoo:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Your Thunder barely beat the Kings even though Demarcus Cousins didn't even play. Your team is overrated, IMO.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC are not overrated. Hey at least they didn't lose to the Suns twice

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Thunder barely beat the Kings even though Demarcus Cousins didn't even play. Your team is overrated, IMO.

The best teams are going to have bad games now and then. One sub-par effort proves NOTHING!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK nailed the Thunder in the opening post. Especially Rus, and the reason it is so easy to dog him is because he is a SG playing PG.

On the overrated subject, they are both overrated and underrated. They are the 2nd best in the West, at least. Their chances of a Ring though are greatly over estimated. They keep losing pieces to stay out of the luxury.

I will also say that they should be talked about so much more than they are.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best teams are going to have bad games now and then. One sub-par effort proves NOTHING!

Exactly. I love when people every great team is suppose to destroy every avg/bad team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
OKC are not overrated. Hey at least they didn't lose to the Suns twice

OKC is on the decline, IMO. Just look at their point differential. It's only +4.8 this year, whereas it was +9.2 last year. Losing Kevin Martin hurt a lot, IMO.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whoa whoa whoa, I am pretty sure Magic, Bird and MJ never lost a game, ever. Not even in grade school.

As for the Bucks, I have only seen limited action but what I have seen they play a lot like OKC, but are youngerish. It looks like my internet hates me today too so I will not get to watch this one. It will be a very fun game to watch.

Both are jump shooting teams and OKC plays one of the fastest tempos in the league with Portland coming in just below average. The pace they ran against Indy the other night in the 4th though looked fast. That could have been an attempt to capitalize on Indy fatigue, in which case their coach whom I have been less than impressed with is probably smarter than I think...I am sure all coaches I critique are smarter than I think.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part I really enjoy:

Portland is a 2.5 point favorite...it looks like you can find the ML for -110 though as well as -1.

Basically that means Vegas thinks that on neutral court they think OKC is .5 points better. I tend to think OKC is better than that but right now POR is playing very well and OKC is on autopilot. I really think they are on a minor yet long hangover. last season OKC came out angry, and it worked for them. Then Rus got hurt, now they seem to not have that "edge". It is early though and I think they will turn it on. It will be OKC in the Finals this year.

OKC has not lost to POR since Feb of 2006.

the favorite has won the game at least the last 7 times...all of those were OKC.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC is on the decline, IMO. Just look at their point differential. It's only +4.8 this year, whereas it was +9.2 last year. Losing Kevin Martin hurt a lot, IMO.

I'm not sure how it hurts with the emergence of Lamb and Jackson....It's not like they used Martin correctly anyway

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa whoa whoa, I am pretty sure Magic, Bird and MJ never lost a game, ever. Not even in grade school.

As for the Bucks, I have only seen limited action but what I have seen they play a lot like OKC, but are youngerish. It looks like my internet hates me today too so I will not get to watch this one. It will be a very fun game to watch.

Both are jump shooting teams and OKC plays one of the fastest tempos in the league with Portland coming in just below average. The pace they ran against Indy the other night in the 4th though looked fast. That could have been an attempt to capitalize on Indy fatigue, in which case their coach whom I have been less than impressed with is probably smarter than I think...I am sure all coaches I critique are smarter than I think.

What fantasy land are you living in?

Your avatar of someone swigging from a bottle of booze does not speak well for your maturity level.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how it hurts with the emergence of Lamb and Jackson....It's not like they used Martin correctly anyway

I agree with PBM here, maybe not to the extent he means but I think they have reached their ceiling with this owner. Clearly he is not willing to spend the big bucks it is most likely going to take teams to win the title.

I think they are the best suited to beat the west but lack fire power and D it takes to beat the best in the East.

All that being said I mentioned earlier they are on autopilot/mild hangover. That could be the case but Rus is simply not going to get it down at PG. Maybe Durant either. They need another piece the Owner is not willing to pay for.

Last year they led the league in point differential and every team before them with that point differential had won the ring, obviously the prior teams did not lose half their team in the first playoff series.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What fantasy land are you living in?

Your avatar of someone swigging from a bottle of booze does not speak well for your maturity level.

First and so foremost, your father failed if you do not know who John Belushi is or have never watched Animal house. I am kidding, but please watch that movie.

2ndly: We usually agree on many things and I was agreeing with you there and being so obviously sarcastic in my response. I will try to remember to no longer agree with you in a sarcastic manner.

And I am not sure what your issue is with alcohol but that image is in no way an attack on you or an indication of my drinking habits, not that any of that is your business anyways. It is simply an iconic photo of one of the best comedic actors of all time in one of his best roles in one of the greatest comedy movies of all time.

p.s. I am enjoying a jack and Coke right now, that shit good like you read about.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with PBM here, maybe not to the extent he means but I think they have reached their ceiling with this owner. Clearly he is not willing to spend the big bucks it is most likely going to take teams to win the title.

I think they are the best suited to beat the west but lack fire power and D it takes to beat the best in the East.

All that being said I mentioned earlier they are on autopilot/mild hangover. That could be the case but Rus is simply not going to get it down at PG. Maybe Durant either. They need another piece the Owner is not willing to pay for.

Last year they led the league in point differential and every team before them with that point differential had won the ring, obviously the prior teams did not lose half their team in the first playoff series.

So they place more emphasis on spending smart than spending big.

Spending big has it's points, but spending smart has more.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robin Lopez is playing surprisingly well this yr

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they place more emphasis on spending smart than spending big.

Spending big has it's points, but spending smart has more.

Another point we mostly agree on. They are extremely smart with their draft and farming, they are "tidy" with their money.

Some part of me feels they are like a large cat waiting to pounce on it's prey that will put them over the top, like an LBJ, or D12 type or even a younger Pau...like Marc or a Lopez. I feel like i they could find that talent the owner might be willing to pay for that ring and most likely TV money.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder by 11 at half-time with Sefolosha leading both teams in +/-.

GO THUNDER! :yahoo:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder shooting 48% to only 40% for Portland.

Portland has attempted 11 3-pointers to only 6 for OKC. Evidence that OKC is defending the lane better.

Do I ever wish I still had NBA League Pass! I won't go into how my subscription was was allowed to expire.