• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Three headed monster.

nk12thman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many were scratching their heads about Christine Michael as the 1st pick of the draft, but when you look at our RB room, is there a better group in the league? Many talk about the LOB as the best position group in the league, and we get a lot of chatter about the WR's. I would contend there is no better stable of RB's in the NFL.

Go Hawks!

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many were scratching their heads about Christine Michael as the 1st pick of the draft, but when you look at our RB room, is there a better group in the league? Many talk about the LOB as the best position group in the league, and we get a lot of chatter about the WR's. I would contend there is no better stable of RB's in the NFL.

Go Hawks!

Aside from Lynch I say Gore, Hunter and James overall may be better than Seattles RB's....Turbin has not impressed me at all as an NFL back.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And can you Imagine if Latimore comes back in a year healthy ?

nk12thman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from Lynch I say Gore, Hunter and James overall may be better than Seattles RB's....Turbin has not impressed me at all as an NFL back.

Hunter and Turbin had very similar numbers last season. Turbin played all 16 games, while Hunter missed 5. Turbin broke 100 yards, while Hunter topped out at 81. If Turbin didn't impress you at all, how did Hunter?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks 42 49ers 13

Turbin 5 touches 58 yards.

Not bad for an unimpressive 3rd down back....

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

For some reason a lot of people seem to be unimpressed with Turbin. I have heard several Hawk fans say the same thing. I thought he was great for a backup last year. And he made a tremendous play against the Falcons, breaking at least three tackles. He doesn't have the strength of Lynch but he has a bit more lateral quickness. If Lynch goes down I think we will do fine with Turbin, Michael, and Harvin splitting carries.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch + Turbin was the best 1-2 punch at RB in the NFC West. The numbers flesh this out. 2321 total for Lynch and Turbin, only 1879 for Gore and Hunter. 442 More total yards by Lynch and Turbin.

Hunter is a nice change of pace back but could he carry the load all by himself? we do not know but going by what we do know the answer would be not likely. Turbin on the other hand at 220+ could carry the load if he had to. I thing the 49ers drafted RB and the Hawks is more a push. Both are talented one is coming off injury and one is coming off being punished by his coach in college.

Age favors the Seahawks also so yeah, they are the best set of backs in the NFC West and its not even as close as the 49er fans want to believe it is lmao.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the pick at all because everyone knows Seattle is going to run the football. While nice for Lynch to get his stats, we also need to keep his legs fresh when we get deep in the season. I expect a little less carries from him this year.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch + Turbin was the best 1-2 punch at RB in the NFC West. The numbers flesh this out. 2321 total for Lynch and Turbin, only 1879 for Gore and Hunter. 442 More total yards by Lynch and Turbin.

Age favors the Seahawks also so yeah, they are the best set of backs in the NFC West and its not even as close as the 49er fans want to believe it is lmao.

I just wanted to respond to the above quote because I think it may be only taking into account a small part in a larger picture.

There are many other variables besides total rushing yardage. Other important numbers are yards per attempt and total TDs. Also, Hunter missed 5 games and had more yards, a higher yards per attempt, and more TDs than Turbin did in a full year.

If we're talking about the total backfield, we should add LaMichael James and Leon Washington to the totals as well.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to respond to the above quote because I think it may be only taking into account a small part in a larger picture.

There are many other variables besides total rushing yardage. Other important numbers are yards per attempt and total TDs. Also, Hunter missed 5 games and had more yards, a higher yards per attempt, and more TDs than Turbin did in a full year.

If we're talking about the total backfield, we should add LaMichael James and Leon Washington to the totals as well.

You just want to keep pushing it to see that the 9ers are better, but it isn't working. Last year, the Seahawks were 3rd in rushing, 9ers 4th. But, if you just look at the running backs, the Seahawks backs were better at everything.

Seattle (Lynch, Turbin, Washington, Robinson)
430 carries 2076 yards 4.8 ypc 12 TDs 59 receptions 534 yards 9.1 ypr 3 TDs

San Francisco (Gore, Hunter, James, Dixon, Miller, Jacobs)
388 carries 1813 yards 4.7 ypc 10 TDs 52 receptions 407 yards 7.8 ypr 1 TD

Seattle's backfield just plain out performed San Francisco's last year.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just want to keep pushing it to see that the 9ers are better, but it isn't working. Last year, the Seahawks were 3rd in rushing, 9ers 4th. But, if you just look at the running backs, the Seahawks backs were better at everything.

Anthony Dixon had 2 TDs as well, which would put the total number of rushing TDs for the 49ers backfield at 12.

The Seahawk RBs were slightly better in the passing game. They were also .1 ypc better. Both teams had 12 TDs rushing. My response was to the poster who stated that the Seahawk backfield had a better year and it wasn't as close as 49er fans thought...I don't know how it could be any closer.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hunter is a nice change of pace back but could he carry the load all by himself? we do not know but going by what we do know the answer would be not likely. Turbin on the other hand at 220+ could carry the load if he had to. I thing the 49ers drafted RB and the Hawks is more a push. Both are talented one is coming off injury and one is coming off being punished by his coach in college.

Turbin could no carry the load by himself either.... For a so called power back he goes down easily......

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really ? How so ? by a whopping .1 YPC ? LOL

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who has the best or arguably the best Offensive line in the NFC right now. I hear the 49ers name brought up time and time again in that conversation, not the Hawks. How much better would the Hawks RB be behind the 49ers run blocking? i believe its a good .5 to .8 ypc

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6UmX-6m0s8]Robert Turbin Seahawks 2012 Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

doesn't look like someone that goes down easy to me, sure he is no Lynch but no other RB in the NFL other than AP is when talking about breaking or bouncing off tacklers.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, if you must know, it was actually .15 (4.83 to 4.67) ;), but seriously it was .1 ypc, on 52 more caries which translated to 263 more yards and though 9ers fans want to discount the receiving numbers, the Hawks domintaed that part of the game. Overall, other than leaving Hunter's TDs off (and it was Hunter, not Dixon that I actually forgot to put in the stats) the Seahawks back beat the 9ers backs in every single category. That is what is meant by out performing.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has the best or arguably the best Offensive line in the NFC right now. I hear the 49ers name brought up time and time again in that conversation, not the Hawks. How much better would the Hawks RB be behind the 49ers run blocking? i believe its a good .5 to .8 ypc

Robert Turbin Seahawks 2012 Highlights - YouTube

doesn't look like someone that goes down easy to me, sure he is no Lynch but no other RB in the NFL other than AP is when talking about breaking or bouncing off tacklers.

You are going to reference one single play to back up your claim ? Watch him over a season and for a power back he goes down easy.....

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going to reference one single play to back up your claim ? Watch him over a season and for a power back he goes down easy.....

This is the last post you'll see from this guy on your boards. :suds: Sorry about that.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you must know, it was actually .15 (4.83 to 4.67) ;), but seriously it was .1 ypc, on 52 more caries which translated to 263 more yards and though 9ers fans want to discount the receiving numbers, the Hawks domintaed that part of the game. Overall, other than leaving Hunter's TDs off (and it was Hunter, not Dixon that I actually forgot to put in the stats) the Seahawks back beat the 9ers backs in every single category. That is what is meant by out performing.

I think we'll have to disagree about what the term dominated means, but that's okay. I'm just antsy for training camp to start.