• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Nuggets Game

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost broke my TV. Multiple times. I came a half inch away from punting my dog across the room. That's how frustrating watching this game was for me.

1) I'm getting pretty tired of Curry just dribbling up the court and jacking up a shot. I realize he's a shooter, he's a scorer, but most importantly how can you get into the offense(assuming there is one) if you don't give it a chance to develop. For as good a player as Steph is, he doesn't really make that many people better. He needs to watch more film on Tony Parker and Chris Paul to see how they incorporate the players in the offense first, before going after their own.

2) Everyone is getting on Klay, but he made two young player mistakes that he's allowed to. With all the hype about him practicing this off season with the worlds best, everyone seems to forget it's his 2nd year. As long as he doesn't make the same mistakes twice, I'm fine with this loss. It's a learning experience. Although I will say that right now, I don't trust the ball in his hands late in the game. He's got to develop that killer instinct (as does most of this team)

3) I absolutely hate our offense right now. Who would have guessed we would be saying our defense is the strength of this team so far. We're holding opponents to a very low FG percentage, and rebounding fairly well. On the flip side, we can't score a bucket to save our lives. This I 100% blame on the coaching staff. The offense right now is like a hybrid Nelly offense without the fast breaking. Seriously, their early offense is terrible, and their half court sets are basically low post iso or high post kick to 3 point shot. It's predictable, and most of all, inefficient. I've never been so indifferent about a coaching staff. I think they've done a terrific job on improving the team defense. At the same time I feel their apathy to the offensive end is ridiculous. They are of the mind that "we have shooters, let's let them shoot", and that offense isn't working.

Quick Notes:
-Biedrins definitely earned some points back into my good graces with his effort last night. His two free throws has to be the feel good moment of the year so far.

-Hated how they went to Landry every single time down the stretch when Lee had a clear mismatch. I know Landry has done work on the offense, but how do you not post up Lee when Gallinari is guarding him? If you can't go to Lee on the offensive end, what good is he out on the court?

-Is it just me or does Jack look out of shape still? Just watching him, it looks like he's going half speed on everything.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost broke my TV. Multiple times. I came a half inch away from punting my dog across the room. That's how frustrating watching this game was for me.

1) I'm getting pretty tired of Curry just dribbling up the court and jacking up a shot. I realize he's a shooter, he's a scorer, but most importantly how can you get into the offense(assuming there is one) if you don't give it a chance to develop. For as good a player as Steph is, he doesn't really make that many people better. He needs to watch more film on Tony Parker and Chris Paul to see how they incorporate the players in the offense first, before going after their own.

2) Everyone is getting on Klay, but he made two young player mistakes that he's allowed to. With all the hype about him practicing this off season with the worlds best, everyone seems to forget it's his 2nd year. As long as he doesn't make the same mistakes twice, I'm fine with this loss. It's a learning experience. Although I will say that right now, I don't trust the ball in his hands late in the game. He's got to develop that killer instinct (as does most of this team)

3) I absolutely hate our offense right now. Who would have guessed we would be saying our defense is the strength of this team so far. We're holding opponents to a very low FG percentage, and rebounding fairly well. On the flip side, we can't score a bucket to save our lives. This I 100% blame on the coaching staff. The offense right now is like a hybrid Nelly offense without the fast breaking. Seriously, their early offense is terrible, and their half court sets are basically low post iso or high post kick to 3 point shot. It's predictable, and most of all, inefficient. I've never been so indifferent about a coaching staff. I think they've done a terrific job on improving the team defense. At the same time I feel their apathy to the offensive end is ridiculous. They are of the mind that "we have shooters, let's let them shoot", and that offense isn't working.

Quick Notes:
-Biedrins definitely earned some points back into my good graces with his effort last night. His two free throws has to be the feel good moment of the year so far.

-Hated how they went to Landry every single time down the stretch when Lee had a clear mismatch. I know Landry has done work on the offense, but how do you not post up Lee when Gallinari is guarding him? If you can't go to Lee on the offensive end, what good is he out on the court?

-Is it just me or does Jack look out of shape still? Just watching him, it looks like he's going half speed on everything.

Klay needs to start attacking the hoop more instead of jacking up shots. Same goes with Curry.