• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Pick 8 in a 10 team league

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since its a big money league, I can't afford to screw my first two picks up eventhough the winner of this league picked AP first last yr. The fantasy gurus on the fantasy board were totally against me taking ARod at 8th last year. I did it anyway and it paid off. This yr however I'm gonna go a different route and take an RB. It looks like I will have the the option of Anderson, Hill, McCoy, Murray. To me the safest pick is MUrray, but I'm more intrigued my Anderson or Hill. I would take DEz but I think he will be there at 13. If not him- Jones or DT will be. Thoughts? By the way at pick 28 and 33- it's looking like Morris/Hyde and Cooks/ Matthews

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since its a big money league, I can't afford to screw my first two picks up eventhough the winner of this league picked AP first last yr. The fantasy gurus on the fantasy board were totally against me taking ARod at 8th last year. I did it anyway and it paid off. This yr however I'm gonna go a different route and take an RB. It looks like I will have the the option of Anderson, Hill, McCoy, Murray. To me the safest pick is MUrray, but I'm more intrigued my Anderson or Hill. I would take DEz but I think he will be there at 13. If not him- Jones or DT will be. Thoughts? By the way at pick 28 and 33- it's looking like Morris/Hyde and Cooks/ Matthews

I would go Hill. Think he has the best chance of getting the most carries & TDs.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt go Murray. Too many inuries and splitting carries. I'd go weak at RB and go Dez at 8 and ODB at 13.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me a lot of different drafting styles can work and people prove that every year.Being prepared is great and a necessity. Planning out exactly what you are going to do before you even get on the clock has never been for me, nor has allowing who I think MIGHT be there with pick #3 and 4 influence what I'll do in the 1st or 2nd. I'm confused about what you want to do with 28 and 33. Either two RBs or 2 WRs? You like a guy enough to slot him at 28, but won't take him if he is still there at 33 because you want to get the same position?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Hill at #8

You are correct in anything can happen on a draft board and while its good to be prepared, who knows how things fall as the draft unfolds. In a big $ league I drafted 6th and took J Charles and got Jeremy Hill at 19.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To jarntt- I was just giving the Wrs and RBs available at those picks. I mean it's easy to say well I'm gonna take two top 5 WrS at 8 and 13. I was trying to show what was gonna be there the next time it came around to me. If I took 2 wrs- I'm looking at Hyde/Morris/ Miller range at RB. Wr- Cooks, Matthews, B Marsh. I wasn't meaning I would take them, although I do like Cooks.

As far as Hill at 8- I assume you are thinking he goes later and not earlier.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ that was in a 12 team league

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To jarntt- I was just giving the Wrs and RBs available at those picks. I mean it's easy to say well I'm gonna take two top 5 WrS at 8 and 13. I was trying to show what was gonna be there the next time it came around to me. If I took 2 wrs- I'm looking at Hyde/Morris/ Miller range at RB. Wr- Cooks, Matthews, B Marsh. I wasn't meaning I would take them, although I do like Cooks.

As far as Hill at 8- I assume you are thinking he goes later and not earlier.
Gotcha. Then that is a being prepared and I agree.

On Hill, later. I like him but I think Bernard gets too many touches to make Hill a first round pick, especially in a PPR.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like Malkos thing here. Dez plus Julio or Odell looks pretty scary. These damn RBs have lots of question marks.