• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Cutler...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...just wondering, wasn't he projected by many to have an awesome season last year? And didn't a journeyman totally outshine him for the four or so games he took over? I get the potential with the cast around him, and I get that he's injury prone, but even if he stays healthy, I don't think I'm sold just yet. If Trestman is truly the QB Guru, I think it's put-up or shut-up time.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been much on Cutler but I actually think he should have a solid year this year.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler has always been one the guys I look at as my backup QB in FF, but I don't think he is good enough to be your starter.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a gut feeling, but I think Cutler has a good season.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drafted Cutler and Luck in my FF league.

Cutler will be my starter but knowing that he's prone for let downs, I drafted Luck to back him up.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is Cutler's best season yet.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will not sound bias at all... I promise...

1) In all-purpose-yards, Cutler has averaged 232.8 yards per game the last 3 seasons. So on a per-game basis, that puts him below Flacco and Fitzpatrick. Probably doesn't give you a warm, fuzzy feeling, does it? Under his first year with guru Trestman, it's actually calculated to 249 ypg, which bumps him up to Luck and RG3 territory. But this is still very far off the 303 ypg average of the top 5 QB.

2) Some may say I'm superstitious, but seems like everywhere Trestman has been (check out his link), his inaugural year has been spectacular, but the subsequent year has fallen short of expectations. Happened in SF, happened in ARI, happened in OAK. As a fan, it is a trend that I hope stops this season. But a trend is a trend, which doesn't bode very well for my Bears this year.

Bottom line, I'm not drinking the Koolaid on Cutler.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. As for McCown out playing Cutler, the argument on the Bears' board is that McCown played against some of the worst defenses in those 7 starts. WSH, GB (w/o Clay Matthews), MIN & DAL.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with that argument, mccown did, and cutler wasnt bad in his starts, qb whisperer trestman, and such mismatches with his wr's and rb's..............i could toss it up and do ok

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem work Cutler has never been his talent or his system, it's his ability to stay in the field, combined with his penchant for being, lacking a better word, a little bitch for about a month long period when things don't go his way. Terrible attitude and it leads to him playing like cap for stretches

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. As for McCown out playing Cutler, the argument on the Bears' board is that McCown played against some of the worst defenses in those 7 starts. WSH, GB (w/o Clay Matthews), MIN & DAL.

That's a good point. It was a good situation for McCown, and to his credit, he parlayed it into a starting gig for however long that's gonna last.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cutler will be an acceptable low-level QB1 when healthy. He's one of the worst QBs at staying healthy, though.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an "n" following the "u" in his name.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem work Cutler has never been his talent or his system, it's his ability to stay in the field, combined with his penchant for being, lacking a better word, a little bitch for about a month long period when things don't go his way. Terrible attitude and it leads to him playing like cap for stretches

I disagree about the little bitch comment. I think he doesn't act like other QBs when he makes mistakes so everyone thinks he doesn't care, and the media is relentless with him. My issue with cutler is he doesn't always make the right throw. He makes boneheaded throws like once a game. I hope Trestman can fix it, but I'm not sure.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will not sound bias at all... I promise...

1) In all-purpose-yards, Cutler has averaged 232.8 yards per game the last 3 seasons. So on a per-game basis, that puts him below Flacco and Fitzpatrick. Probably doesn't give you a warm, fuzzy feeling, does it? Under his first year with guru Trestman, it's actually calculated to 249 ypg, which bumps him up to Luck and RG3 territory. But this is still very far off the 303 ypg average of the top 5 QB.

2) Some may say I'm superstitious, but seems like everywhere Trestman has been (check out his link), his inaugural year has been spectacular, but the subsequent year has fallen short of expectations. Happened in SF, happened in ARI, happened in OAK. As a fan, it is a trend that I hope stops this season. But a trend is a trend, which doesn't bode very well for my Bears this year.

Bottom line, I'm not drinking the Koolaid on Cutler.

I had Cutler last year and I thought he was so so until getting injured. I was wondering about Trestman. I didn't think he was all that great in San Francisco. He took over a Bill Walsh run offense and I don't think the offense did very well with what he took over. The 49ers ending up firing him and replacing him with Shanahan. Eight games in the offense and Steve Young just took off. Steve Young's play exceled.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Cutler last year and I thought he was so so until getting injured. I was wondering about Trestman. I didn't think he was all that great in San Francisco. He took over a Bill Walsh run offense and I don't think the offense did very well with what he took over. The 49ers ending up firing him and replacing him with Shanahan. Eight games in the offense and Steve Young just took off. Steve Young's play exceled.

Think I had a brain fart. Trestman took over after Shanahan. But the offense was better under Mariucci's tenure.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about the little bitch comment. I think he doesn't act like other QBs when he makes mistakes so everyone thinks he doesn't care, and the media is relentless with him. My issue with cutler is he doesn't always make the right throw. He makes boneheaded throws like once a game. I hope Trestman can fix it, but I'm not sure.

Well perhaps lil' bitch was a bit harsh, but there's not much denying that he does play worse w when he's having one his little poutty spouts

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drafted Cutler and Luck in my FF league.

Cutler will be my starter but knowing that he's prone for let downs, I drafted Luck to back him up.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is Cutler's best season yet.

So, Cutler in the 4th rd and Luck in the 5th?
That had to kill your RB/WR depth, taking 2 QBs so early, and especially since you could have drafted Cutler in the 8th rd. I've got a weird feeling the guys in your league are Bill and Bob Swerski, Todd O'Connor, Pat Arnold, and Carl Wollarski......

couldn't find a decent youtube, but you get the idea.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well perhaps lil' bitch was a bit harsh, but there's not much denying that he does play worse w when he's having one his little poutty spouts

I guess. He usually goes off by himself when he's doing poorly when other QBs look at pictures and what not. I actually think he's been a very good leader since Trestman came. Before Trestman, the bears have had garbage at oc and I think he's known that though.