• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after the Lions/Dolphins game........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-2!!!! Cardiac Cats come thru again.

Defense looks great again. My thoughts on how much Suh should be offered from the Lions grows with each game -- I'd go all the way up to 15 million a season to keep him. He has been a beast this year and was again today.

Offense still seems to be missing something. Was great to see Calvin back and having a big game. Also really like to see Golden Tate getting the ball like he did. Tate and Johnson both healthy will be huge for the offense. Something isn't clicking though on offense. I like the way Bell ran the ball today. I like what Riddick adds in the passing game. I just don't get why our pass protection struggles like it has, when it was so good last year. When Stafford has time -- the offense looks great -- too many times though, he is rushed or has to throw it away.

I will say this though -- Detroit has faced a ton of teams with a great front 4 (NYJ, Buffalo, Dolphins, Carolina, Giants, etc.) So maybe that has to do with the increase in pressure too.

All in all -- It was a great game to watch. Two really good defenses battling. Detroit with their patented comeback in the 4th quarter. These games are tough to watch as they all seem to come down to the wire, but it has been awesome to be on the right side at the end so many times this year. The Lions were long over due to have breaks go their way.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My other thoughts after watching this first half of the Packers/Bears game -- The Bears are ATROCIOUS and by the time the Lions finally play them -- they may have packed it in on the year. Green Bay looks pretty good at home and I had to laugh when they posted the last INT Rodgers had thrown at Lambeau was in 2012 (He has 24 touchdowns and 0 interceptions during home games during that time).

Detroit and Green Bay are on a collision course to meet in the last week of the season. I REALLY wish GB would have lost that Miami game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops -- it is 25 touchdowns now -- WOW is Chicago bad. Rodgers is 15/18 for 283 yards and 5 touchdowns with 5 minutes to go in the 1st half. YIKES.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, all of that ^^. It would be nice to see Staff play an entire game like he does these final drives when he puts on his Joe Montana act. But as much as I've criticized him the guy has iron balls in the clutch. He's done it too many times for it to be just a coincidence. You have to like that. I just can't get used to having a badass defense. Is it real ? I know the DL is. They really only gave up 3 FGs today. That TD was on the FG team... and Prater who didn't get the kick 4' off the ground. Was the hold and spot bad or something ? Now that Palmer is out I think we have a shot next week in the desert and then on to the Pats. That should be interesting.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully that game in GB wont mean anything at all.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully that game in GB wont mean anything at all.

I hope it doesn't mean anything either.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pack could easily run the table until the last week, unfortunately. They have the Eagles and Pats at home and play nobody else worth a damn.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to see Staff play an entire game like he does these final drives when he puts on his Joe Montana act.

Is it just me or did it seem like the OL gave him great protection in the last drive? It is bizarre to me -- in games when we have the lead -- the OL will struggle with run blocking until we really need it on the final drive and they come thru and open up holes for the RB's.

Today it seemed like the right side of our line struggled in pass protection, but on the last drive, they gave Stafford the time he needed, as well as the WR's to run their routes.

One thing I heard on the radio after the game and I don't know how much truth this holds. The caller said -- the Lions seem to look much more in rhythm and the OL gives Stafford more time to throw when they run the no huddle offense.

Who knows -- it could just be a coincidence.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the big reason for the extra pressure from the right side was that it got banged up again warford down and waddle went in and out. still though spread it wide and gash em up the middle with bell runs when they try and flank the edge is a great gameplan.

the best gameplan?
10500544_10100546991895888_3396373563981495342_n_zpsdebac907.jpg

giving that pimp the ball in a minute left down by a score :D

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I noticed is that, while it took awhile, Stafford did still utilize Tate. It looked like in the first quarter Stafford was only eyeing CJ again. Maybe it was part of the gameplan to get him going early, maybe he just liked having that familiar face again. However, as the game went on he still hit Tate often as well as a few of his other options.

I would love to see what would open up on the other side of the field if we put CJ and Tate lined up on the same side. Would that draw most of the secondary? Could Fuller, Bush/Riddick, or a TE beat whatever single coverage is out there?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game in Foxboro in a few weeks. Should be a good one.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's scheduled as a 1:00. is it too early to flex it?
I see that the bears are at Detroit on thanxgiving-day [11/27-12:30pm],.....I doubt they'd ~flex~ a lions home-game with a div. foe on the annual turkey-day/lions home game.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that the bears are at Detroit on thanxgiving-day [11/27-12:30pm],.....I doubt they'd ~flex~ a lions home-game with a div. foe on the annual turkey-day/lions home game.

I was talking about the Pats/Lions game.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not love the offensive game plan. Too many questionable play calls in the red zone the last couple weeks.

Too many times 3rd and short and we try some trick play instead of just rolling Collins in there to punch through for a first down. Every time we have done that he has gotten the first down. For some reason in the red zone we get away from it.

We are not getting the ball to Fuller at all. 2 guys (over and under) on Megatron and 2 on Tate. Someone else has to have single coverage.

Surprised no one has mentioned the lack of running. We ran 20 times for 65 yards. When we were losing but scoring 30+ points a game everyone was whining that we could not run. Now that we have a defense all of a sudden it is OK we don't run more?

Defense is still great. More than good enough to win every game.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have the Eagles and Pats at home and play nobody else worth a damn.

I am looking forward to the Packers vs Nobody Else Worth a Damn. Is that a home game for GB? No matter, it should be a great match up.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention, loved loved loved the first fake punt. Absolutely caught them off guard. The second one....could've done without that. Way too soon after the first imo.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theo Fricking Riddick..

I knew weeks ago it would come down to Detroit vs. Green Bay.

Happy for Theo, but couldn't you guys lose a close game or two? Just sayin :scratch: