• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Year's AFCE

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers played 4 snaps for the Jets last year and he is a year older. The other calf (achilles) is still tired and old.
Tua was 1-6 against playoff teams last year and miami crumbled down the stretch 2 years in a row.
Buffalo's window is closing and Allen has lost a lot of support on both sides of the line. Can he do it by himself?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers played 4 snaps for the Jets last year and he is a year older. The other calf (achilles) is still tired and old.
Tua was 1-6 against playoff teams last year and miami crumbled down the stretch 2 years in a row.
Buffalo's window is closing and Allen has lost a lot of support on both sides of the line. Can he do it by himself?
Rogers is 40 years old. All but a very select QBs have ever been successful after 40. No need to go into that. He's nowhere near as quick as he was five years ago and defenses have gotten much faster.

Miami has a plethora of offensive weapons. Tua has a lot of talent, but can't seem to find it once December and January roll around. The Dolphins have never been able to adjust to freezing weather. Their coach may be as much of a hindrance as he is a motivator. His "One of the Guys" sideline act always disappears when the team gets down in any game.

Buffalo is Buffalo. That team has never been able to get it's shit together for the big games. Losing four Super Bowls in a row was just the beginning. McDermotts somehow seems to find a way to make his team turn left when they should be headed right. They always lose a critical game or two when they absolutely have to have them. Instead of playing every playoff game in Buffalo, they have to play in Kansas City. nuff said.

Patriots have been tossed aside like broken toy. If Wolfe can find a way to sign Donavan Smith former Cheif or David Bakhtiarii, former Packer, he could close the book on the LT position and have a solid OL. The Patriots defense was eighth in the NFL in 2023 and could be better in 2024 if they stay healthy. They could surprise a lot of teams, especially on the road.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers is 40 years old. All but a very select QBs have ever been successful after 40. No need to go into that. He's nowhere near as quick as he was five years ago and defenses have gotten much faster.

Miami has a plethora of offensive weapons. Tua has a lot of talent, but can't seem to find it once December and January roll around. The Dolphins have never been able to adjust to freezing weather. Their coach may be as much of a hindrance as he is a motivator. His "One of the Guys" sideline act always disappears when the team gets down in any game.

Buffalo is Buffalo. That team has never been able to get it's shit together for the big games. Losing four Super Bowls in a row was just the beginning. McDermotts somehow seems to find a way to make his team turn left when they should be headed right. They always lose a critical game or two when they absolutely have to have them. Instead of playing every playoff game in Buffalo, they have to play in Kansas City. nuff said.

Patriots have been tossed aside like broken toy. If Wolfe can find a way to sign Donavan Smith former Cheif or David Bakhtiarii, former Packer, he could close the book on the LT position and have a solid OL. The Patriots defense was eighth in the NFL in 2023 and could be better in 2024 if they stay healthy. They could surprise a lot of teams, especially on the road.
The Pats defense was 8th last year but really they were better than that. They stayed on the field too long when the offense stuttered

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the curse of Flutie...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the curse of Flutie...
I think it was the curse of Kelly that started it....................or maybe the "curse of OJ'...........................................yikes......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to be honest....

Right now, for some reason, I'm feeling about 1000% more positive about this team than I was in February. They may not win eight or nine games, but I just have this feeling that the anchors that were holding this team down are no longer there and the change in attitude from above is going to change the attitude below. I'm still feeling like this team will finish around 6-11 but ................

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be the make it or break year for Tua IMO. Dude starts season hot, then fades when the money games are on the line late in the season. I'm wondering if the Fins will offer him new contract before season starts. He needs to cut the stupid INT's down as well. Fins had great opp to win division last year but crapped the bed against the Titans, got embarrassed against the Ravens allowed the and the Bills to win division with last game in Miami.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be the make it or break year for Tua IMO. Dude starts season hot, then fades when the money games are on the line late in the season. I'm wondering if the Fins will offer him new contract before season starts. He needs to cut the stupid INT's down as well. Fins had great opp to win division last year but crapped the bed against the Titans, got embarrassed against the Ravens allowed the and the Bills to win division with last game in Miami.
Injuries killed the Fins last season, they should’ve won the division but they collapsed down the stretch in large part due to several key injuries. Injuries also hurt them the year before, I think they would’ve beaten the Bills in the Wild Card round that year if Tua had been healthy, they almost won with Skylar Thompson at QB. I think the Fins will win the division this year, I know most people will pick the Bills but I think the Fins are the best team overall in the AFC East, and I think the Bills will not be quite as good, their receiving unit is a big question mark.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries killed the Fins last season, they should’ve won the division but they collapsed down the stretch in large part due to several key injuries. Injuries also hurt them the year before, I think they would’ve beaten the Bills in the Wild Card round that year if Tua had been healthy, they almost won with Skylar Thompson at QB. I think the Fins will win the division this year, I know most people will pick the Bills but I think the Fins are the best team overall in the AFC East, and I think the Bills will not be quite as good, their receiving unit is a big question mark.
Yep, McDaniel keeping Chubb in the Ravens game, late when game was over was bad call by him. Hill being hurt during Titans game was odd, it looked like Miami O had no clue on how to handle that, another McDaniel head scratcher for an "Offensive Guru" as I've been told.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the Dolphins guys and the Falconeer. Great to have a different set of eyes and feelings.
Hope you'll share your thoughts with us hated "Cheatriots" guys.
Thanks for stopping in.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to be honest....

Right now, for some reason, I'm feeling about 1000% more positive about this team than I was in February. They may not win eight or nine games, but I just have this feeling that the anchors that were holding this team down are no longer there and the change in attitude from above is going to change the attitude below. I'm still feeling like this team will finish around 6-11 but ................
I do feel they will play better, more cohesively on offense.

Defense will still be the strong point but not as dominant without Bill.

The O line will again be the weak point.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries happen to every team every year.
Excuses are like assholes - Dolphins always have one.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just listened to a Brandon Beane interview. Seems the Bills lost 6 team captains from last year. They are hoping others step up to take their place. He aknowledged the loss of Diggs and said they were in a bit of a cap pinch for this year. He also said that he knows they wiilll have to rebuild through the draft. That makes it official - the Bills are rebuilding!

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just listened to a Brandon Beane interview. Seems the Bills lost 6 team captains from last year. They are hoping others step up to take their place. He aknowledged the loss of Diggs and said they were in a bit of a cap pinch for this year. He also said that he knows they wiilll have to rebuild through the draft. That makes it official - the Bills are rebuilding!
I personally have some doubts about the Bills - they have no top tier receiver, unless Keon Coleman has a great rookie year. The likes of Samuel, Shakir and MVS aren’t top tier receivers or even #2 caliber receivers. Also - and I know I’ll get a lot of heat for this - Josh Allen is somewhat overrated - he’s a turnover machine and he gets too much media hype - it was downright laughable how the media was comparing the Allen vs Mahomes/Bills vs Chiefs games to the Brady vs Manning rivalry - Mahomes is way better than Allen, they aren’t even in the same category. Allen is overrated and with a mediocre receiving unit i think more people will see that this year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is approaching cap hell and will likely lose some key players next off-season.
They can help that situation by dumping some of them now!
Hill just saw Jefferson's contract and wants to renegotiate.
Miami has been in the habit of renegotiating early in existing contracts.....

Hill's cap number for 2024 is $31.3 million and it goes up to $34.2 million next year, and the Dolphins could clear a net of $11 million of the 2025 cap space with a post-June 1 release. The Dolphins currently have 50 players under contract for 2025 with cap liabilities of $271.4 million, per overthecap.com. The 2024 cap is $255 million.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is approaching cap hell and will likely lose some key players next off-season.
They can help that situation by dumping some of them now!
Hill just saw Jefferson's contract and wants to renegotiate.
Miami has been in the habit of renegotiating early in existing contracts.....

Hill's cap number for 2024 is $31.3 million and it goes up to $34.2 million next year, and the Dolphins could clear a net of $11 million of the 2025 cap space with a post-June 1 release. The Dolphins currently have 50 players under contract for 2025 with cap liabilities of $271.4 million, per overthecap.com. The 2024 cap is $255 million.

It just seems like there is a million ways of working the cap numbers. Everyone wants All Pro players on their team but when it comes time to pony up on a new deal it just seems like the money they are getting is just unreal. The Cowboys have Lamb(who wants more money than Jefferson just signed). Prescott is due and will demand a godly amount of money. And then Parsons who said he wants to be the highest paid non qb in the NFL. Just paying those 3 seems impossible.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems like there is a million ways of working the cap numbers. Everyone wants All Pro players on their team but when it comes time to pony up on a new deal it just seems like the money they are getting is just unreal. The Cowboys have Lamb(who wants more money than Jefferson just signed). Prescott is due and will demand a godly amount of money. And then Parsons who said he wants to be the highest paid non qb in the NFL. Just paying those 3 seems impossible.
That is why we were very fortunate to have Belichic as GM (in the dynasty years) He was very good at stocking players at a bargain.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buffalo Bills​

It has been an offseason to forget for the Buffalo Bills. They entered the new league year way over the cap space, so the team had to make some tough decisions. That resulted in Buffalo cutting key players like safety Jordan Poyer, center Mitch Morse, and cornerback Tre'Davious White.

The losses, though, didn't stop there for the Bills, as they had to let Gabe Davis walk in free agency and traded away Stefon Diggs to the Houston Texans. Now, entering the 2024 season, Buffalo's offense will surely look a little different. Their top three wideouts will be Khalil Shakir, Curtis Samuel -- who the team signed to a three-year deal this offseason -- and rookie Keon Coleman.

With limited offseason additions, the Bills will be tested this upcoming season. They don't have a go-to No. 1 option on offense anymore and play in a tough AFC East division. Despite cutting both Poyer and White early in the offseason, Buffalo's defense should still be solid this upcoming season with the signing of safety Mike Edwards. But it will surely need Josh Allen to carry the offense even more.