• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This logic certainly doesn't explain Jon Kitna's W/L record

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, eating Shrimp was declared ok in the New Testament, kinda wish God would clear up the social politics a bit. Jesus never directly referenced homosexuality, although it would appear that St. Paul spoke of the practice derogatorily, he might have actually been referring to it as a pagan practice, rather than one of social morality. My belief about it being wrong in the old testament is that was more or less an act of treason as it didn't fit the mold of nation building to use your semen in an UN-reproductive manner. I can't really judge you if you want to boink another dude since I myself have never had the strong desire to do so.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might be drifting off topic though.

no, God doesn't dictate the way a football bounces on a football field. Tebow works hard and does his best, and tells people that his faith has a lot to do with it. Whether you think he's self deceived is a matter of opinion, not fact.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The entire point is that times and social norms change. People didn't eat shrimp because they rarely cooked food thoroughly and shellfish can make one extremely sick. They didn't know how to explain it so like everybody else in isolated parts of the world used the super natural to create rules and explain the unknown. Same with pork. Many eventually came to realize this, obviously. Eventually slavery was outlawed for the common good of humanity, women aren't required to be incredibly obedient and subservient, and cutting the hair and trimming the beard (even though I think trimming the beard is for sissies) became accepted.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And yeah, way off topic. God doesn't help Tebow but his faith in God helps his confidence. So maybe "god" helps the dude in that aspect but there isn't some omniscient being guiding him to game winning drives.