• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is what I don't understand about the NFL...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

What started out as a blip on the radar...an NFLN game that is now a money making time slot with NBC, Fox, Amazon and CBS all paying money to air it.

From the players perspective, there's never been a good reason to play TNF games...the OP is right, you would think they would put more thought into scheduling for the teams that play in that game.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that argument is that would give Dallas and Detroit an unfair advantage. They would always have a week 11 bye. I'm sure most teams would prefer that to say a week 5 bye.

I find it funny that you said: "As a fan I want to see good football". Yet you watch the NJG:lol:

I would like to think that reducing injuries would be a bigger priority than giving certain teams an "unfair advantage" (& certainly in the case of the Lions that advantage would mean nothing).

OK - so if this is going to be a problem perhaps they should go back to the schedule where there were 2 bye weeks or just reduce the amt of Thu nt games as others have suggested. In any case the NFL needs to take a serious look at this situation since nobody appears to like it, and numerous players have bitched about this in the recent past. I somehow think a lot of this will be part of the next collective bargaining discussion.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to think that reducing injuries would be a bigger priority than giving certain teams an "unfair advantage" (& certainly in the case of the Lions that advantage would mean nothing).

OK - so if this is going to be a problem perhaps they should go back to the schedule where there were 2 bye weeks or just reduce the amt of Thu nt games as others have suggested. In any case the NFL needs to take a serious look at this situation since nobody appears to like it, and numerous players have bitched about this in the recent past. I somehow think a lot of this will be part of the next collective bargaining discussion.

TNF might be a player in the new CBA, but the players seem to be gearing up for hard push for more guaranteed funds, and restructuring commissioner powers.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year the same argument. "Thursday games suck". Rinse, repeat...

No need to get all hot an bothered about it because it is not changing anytime soon.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt the Ravens back in the day have to play like 3 games in 10 days or something crazy like that? (Mon. Sun. Thurs.) Want to say the Cowboys did the same but with one more day of rest.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or

Or stay with the idea of Thanksgiving having at least two games but rotate which teams play each year.