• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is rich!

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost enough to give new meaning to the term "homer."

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he said same thing when Pats lost to KC to fall to 2-2 and then watched Pats win SB. Bwaaa!

Oh gosh, that and their win over the defending champion (and eventual runner-up) Seahawks that year is still their greatest accomplishment in recent memory. Throw in that game with the Broncos in Denver last year and these wins, while definite wins on the scoreboard, equate to little more than moral victories in the big picture. "We beat the last three Super Bowl champs, we're better than them..."

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to play them.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just impressed he has the Patriots starting the season 30-1 or 4-0!

It's only because the Patriots don't play the Chiefs this year. If they played the Chiefs the Chief would win and the Pats' record would be 1-500. A loss to the Chiefs is that devastating.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only because the Patriots don't play the Chiefs this year. If they played the Chiefs the Chief would win and the Pats' record would be 1-500. A loss to the Chiefs is that devastating.
That is true. The Chiefs embarrassed the Patriots, and the Patriots went on to win the Super Bowl. Then the Chiefs embarrassed the Broncos, and the Broncos went on to win the Super Bowl. Apparently losing to the Chiefs is so humiliating that it forces teams to double down with their work and results in winning the Super Bowl!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes 6482 - that is rich.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE redid Brady's contract . His base salary is only $1MM so he will lose just over $250K

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this a few different times and I will repeat it here. The 2016 Chiefs have the feel of the 2013 Falcons. If you recall, the Falcons were another one of those teams that, under Matt Ryan, had just failed to get it done in the playoffs. Then after a 13-3 finish in 2012 they edged out the Seahawks 30-28 in the Divisional Round of the playoffs before the 49ers finished them off in the NFCCG. But with that playoff monkey off their backs, the expectations for the Falcons in 2013 were through the stratosphere. They got off to a slow start, then injuries started to take a toll. Needless to say, that team was a crushing disappointment.

FF to 2016. The Chiefs finally got the playoff monkey off their backs against what many believed to be the weakest team in the entire playoff slate. And, weak opponent or not, a 30-0 win on the road is deserving of some credit. They went into Houston and thoroughly defeated another playoff team and that's nothing to scoff at. That wild card win was the first playoff win for the Chiefs in over 20 years, and now that the Chiefs have had a taste of playoff victory, a lot of fans and analysts alike have anointed them AFC West favorites.

Now as I write, the first round of the draft is just hours away, so the Chiefs really do have a chance to bolster their roster on both sides of the ball. But I do find it interesting that losing Houston for much of the season to injury and Smith to FA doesn't render them "diminished" on defense. Meanwhile the Broncos have suffered "devastating" losses to FA this year on defense. Figure that one out. Right now it looks like that Chiefs defense, which struggled enough as it was against better offenses, is going to regress in 2016. Even if they load up through the draft it is expecting a lot for a rookie to come in and make an immediate impact. Offensively they may be marginally better, but unless they draft a WR that can come in and really be a legit threat opposite Maclin that passing game will be limited again and will struggle against the better defenses. And let's not forget Andy Reid will cost them a win or two.

I am going to be releasing a series of predictions in the coming weeks. Something a little more ambitious than what I do most years. I'm not going to give the whole thing away just yet but I'll give you a hint: don't be surprised if I predict the Chiefs miss the playoffs in 2016.

Which would, of course, require me to follow up with Matt V. of AA and mock him mercilessly for his asinine predictions (he went with 13-3 for 2016) once again!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Raiders are the Divisional competition this year - and that they will sweep the Chiefs.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't surprise me, Mingo. I'll add that I won't be surprised to see the Chargers go into KC and upset the Chiefs in week 1. The Chargers lost a lot of close games en route to a 4-12 finish last year. They had a grip of injuries, a sorry O-line and defense and they were still in a lot of games. In other words, they may not be as bad as we think they are. I won't flinch if they pull the upset in the Chiefs home opener. Then the Chiefs face off @ Houston (it won't be a repeat of that playoff game) and a stout Jets team at home after that. Is an 0-3 start out of the question for them? Absolutely not.