• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This game against Seattle is more than just a game

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not sure I agree with this one. If the Hawks win on Sunday, particularly if they win in convincing fashion, they will be entirely inside the Niners' heads. That's worth more than revealing a few wrinkles IMO.

We got destroyed by them last season and we went on to the SB so I don't think getting beat by them will effect us mentally. In fact if they are championship caliber it should motivate them even more if/when we play them in the playoffs.

To me I would rather keep the wrinkles and throw them at the 9ers come playoff time when the game's meaning is 100x greater.

Confusing them with new things and wrinkles they've never seen would have a much greater impact against this team in the playoffs would have a much greater impact mentally than beating them handily this Sunday. The crowd noise alone takes a lot to deal with in Seattle and adding in confusion would just make things a mess.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Hawks I'm going vanilla for this game since your firmly in the drivers seat for the #1 seed and your biggest threat and team you'll see first in the playoffs is likely the 49ers.

So from a tactician point of view I would rather eat a loss here and show nothing on offense and defense in order to go all out in the playoffs.

Actually, from a tactical standpoint it would make more sense for Seattle to try and eliminate the Niners from even making the playoffs in the first place. SF is one of the more dangerous teams in the NFC and if the Hawks can help them miss the post season I think that would be the best strategic move. So I'd expect Seattle to come to SF with an elimination type of attitude on Sunday.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got destroyed by them last season and we went on to the SB so I don't think getting beat by them will effect us mentally. In fact if they are championship caliber it should motivate them even more if/when we play them in the playoffs.

To me I would rather keep the wrinkles and throw them at the 9ers come playoff time when the game's meaning is 100x greater.

Confusing them with new things and wrinkles they've never seen would have a much greater impact against this team in the playoffs would have a much greater impact mentally than beating them handily this Sunday. The crowd noise alone takes a lot to deal with in Seattle and adding in confusion would just make things a mess.

That only happened because Atlanta lucked up and beat them for us. If Seattle beats the 49ers and makes them look silly again I think they'll have the Niners' number for a while.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Hawks I'm going vanilla for this game since your firmly in the drivers seat for the #1 seed and your biggest threat and team you'll see first in the playoffs is likely the 49ers.

So from a tactician point of view I would rather eat a loss here and show nothing on offense and defense in order to go all out in the playoffs.

Not me. If I'm Seattle I'm trying to blow the 49ers out of the building. There is no need to hide anything when a team cannot stop you anyway. And the 49ers are hardly the biggest threat the Seahwaks will face; not even close. They will most likely be the 6th seed. The biggest threat to the Seahwaks and the one that matches up best with them in my opinion is Carolina.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ensuring they maintain control of the #1 seed, is more important....should be more important.

This game won't really affect that. They've got what amounts to a three-game lead on the two teams competing for the #2 seed, and those teams have to play one another twice in the remaining four games. After the Niners, the Hawks are at a bad Giants team, and then home against the two other division teams. If they win two of their four remaining games, they clinch even if the Panthers or Saints run the table.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

After that loss - coming off what was a huge and draining win - we were 3-1 against them over the past four. We didn't have to play them in the playoffs, and we certainly didn't have to go to Seattle. This year, if we lose, we will have lost to them three consecutive times, and we'd be going into Seattle in January to try to knock them off. I think that would be a huge mental challenge for our guys.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that we have any significant tricks up our sleeve that we're waiting to unleash at the right time. At this point, the greatest tactical advantage we can give ourselves is the mental confidence of going toe-to-toe with one of the best teams in the league and coming out with a W as we build momentum going into the playoffs.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why everyone thinks that the teams will try to keep from showing the whole playbook. It is the 13th week of the season and they are in the same division. There isn't much left to hide at this point.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This isn't a game..."

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I doubt that we have any significant tricks up our sleeve that we're waiting to unleash at the right time. At this point, the greatest tactical advantage we can give ourselves is the mental confidence of going toe-to-toe with one of the best teams in the league and coming out with a W as we build momentum going into the playoffs.

Agreed. We need to win this game. If Roman and Harbaugh hold anything back in this one, they are just plain dumb.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, from a tactical standpoint it would make more sense for Seattle to try and eliminate the Niners from even making the playoffs in the first place. SF is one of the more dangerous teams in the NFC and if the Hawks can help them miss the post season I think that would be the best strategic move. So I'd expect Seattle to come to SF with an elimination type of attitude on Sunday.

elimination type of attitude? :L

tactical standpoint of winning the game? :L

What does that even mean? Yeah, thats a very highly sophisticated tactical theory.... win a game over a divisional rival and it might help eliminate them from the playoffs.

elimination attitude.... GTFO

Last edited by a moderator: