• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This franchise just can't sustain success

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems to be a pattern. since the colangelo days, every 3-4 years they will win a division/and or contend, and then slowly dropoff

IMO, I think the Gibson era should be done with, Towers needs to go too. He's single handedly turned this team into San Diego part 2

This offense is pathetic, especially when Goldschmidt goes 0 fer

The entire outfield needs to be blown up, im done seeing guys like Pollock and Parra. Keep one as a bench player, but this team DESPERATELY needs two legit everyday corner outfielders, im ok with Eaton in CF, he should get better

Catcher is another spot that needs a jolt offensively, and aside from Goldy and Hill, the left side of the infield needs work. Im tired of seeing 5-6 different players play 2 spots. Prado, Owings, Davidson, Gregorious, Bloomquist. Enough with the fucking platoon garbage. It works once or twice in a lineup, but like the OF spots, it feels like Gibson is platooning 6 different positions every day............that's ridiculous

This team is short on talent in OF, throughout the organization.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not saying that Gibby is the right skipper, but I can tell you that KT never even gave him a chance. He was given absolutely no pitching except for a rookie, and he had to spend his entire time fucking with the line-up to try and get enough production to make up for a very mediocre pitching staff. KT has absolutely no alibis. Plenty of GMs do much more with less $, so that's not an excuse. Give Gibby some pitching (and you're right, no fielding by platoon), and I think he holds his own fate. Gibby should definitely be on the hot seat next year, but he had no chance of winning when far and away his best arm was a rookie. Trade some of those IFs for another really decent young arm, bring up a good farm kid, and if you have money left under the cap, try and get another bat ( maybe trade Montero for a decent hitting catcher). Other than that, KT needs to go for AZ to get anywhere. If that happens and Gibby can't get it done next year, send him on his way, and then start over.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KT needs to go no matter what. Gibson is definitely on the hot seat... I don't think he'll get fired for two reasons though...

1. This team is built around "Gibby type of players" which I hate.
2. I don't think there's any better options out there to manage this team. (at least off the top of my head)

If we are below .500 by the ASB next year and he's not canned then I'll be furious.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the huge season coming from Goldschmidt.

If you guys are willing to spend money, you're only a FA or two away from winning that division.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the huge season coming from Goldschmidt.

If you guys are willing to spend money, you're only a FA or two away from winning that division.

The team has shown that they are willing to spend some money. The problem is that KT has thrown that money at garbage players like Jason Kubel, Heath Bell, and Brandon McCarthy.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team has shown that they are willing to spend some money. The problem is that KT has thrown that money at garbage players like Jason Kubel, Heath Bell, and Brandon McCarthy.

I thought Bell and McCarthy were nice gets at the time. Obviously it didn't turn out that way.

But some players will be available that can give teams that extra push they need. Guys like Choo and Ellsbury I believe. But you have to be excited about young talent like Corbin and Goldschmidt.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. I scratch my head when I see D-Backs fans that have been hoodwinked into thinking players like Pollock, Eaton, Parra and Ross are actually good. All these guys are subpar players that are completely replaceable. They are serviceable at best. That's not good enough when that describes an entire outfield.

I also think we are being a bit hard on Gibby. There's a logical disconnect between saying the team has no outfield, half the infield needs to go, Montero was awful, a crappy rotation and a wack bullpen...but somehow Gibby should have turned that into a playoff team? 81 wins is probably more than this team should have had.

I want to see Matt Williams fired. Watching him send runners home to get thrown out by like 30 feet is pretty annoying.

KT I'm torn on. I like that he tries to make moves, but agree many have turned out to be flops. I think a few of them were hard to see coming though. I'd give him another year.