• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not shocking good HC's won't stay at CU.

It helps in recruiting to have his name out there and helps MSU in contracting with a new coach to show they have an alternative in the wings.

Not that MSU couldn't afford the buyout - or Tucker will get a better base salary - those are not big stepping stones. Tucker is friends with the AD George - has his family out here and just finished a top recruiting year with some fine athletes where he was the closer. The way Tucker has set up his image leaving to MSU after one year in Boulder would be character inconsistency.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel is staying TY Mel

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see him staying. There does have to be some major concern though that he will not be here for the long haul of the rebuild. Colorado just isn't close to being a top program. I think if Colorado say goes out and wins 9 games this next year it will be tough for Colorado to keep him after that. You want Colorado to win but almost worry about him winning too much.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see him staying. There does have to be some major concern though that he will not be here for the long haul of the rebuild. Colorado just isn't close to being a top program. I think if Colorado say goes out and wins 9 games this next year it will be tough for Colorado to keep him after that. You want Colorado to win but almost worry about him winning too much.

I don't know Mel Tucker personally, but I will say this:

1) He is actually good friends with Bill George the AD
2) He has a young family and hasn't been a place long enough to put down roots.
3) His longevity at CU depends on his success and how much CU is willing to pay him in the long haul.

Colorado held on to Bill McCartney back in the day and they will hold on to Mel Tucker if he succeeds.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Mel Tucker personally, but I will say this:

1) He is actually good friends with Bill George the AD
2) He has a young family and hasn't been a place long enough to put down roots.
3) His longevity at CU depends on his success and how much CU is willing to pay him in the long haul.

Colorado held on to Bill McCartney back in the day and they will hold on to Mel Tucker if he succeeds.

$$$ and right job opening will change everything hopefully its after several years for CU fans.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometime the right place is worth staying even for less money. I think a lot will depend on how they feel about Boulder. If they all really enjoy it there, then he may turn down better offers.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometime the right place is worth staying even for less money. I think a lot will depend on how they feel about Boulder. If they all really enjoy it there, then he may turn down better offers.

I hope so :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$$$ and right job opening will change everything hopefully its after several years for CU fans.

Is that why Coach McCartney left? Boulder is a great place to live - the athletic facilities are on a par with the best in the world. There's no reason (short of a university Board losing interest in sports) the Buffs can't succeed and Tucker starts his own dynasty. Tucker wants to build it - and he will get it done. Tucker has recruiting connections all over the country -and he has Chev on his staff - listed as one of the top 10 recruiters in the country.

The team is getting much bigger and faster - Tucker makes them tough. The Buffs are winning recruiting wars with LSU - Florida - Ohio State - Georgia - USC - Oregon - Penn St. and many more. These past two years they recruited successfully in Ohio - Michigan - Texas - California - Arizona - Georgia - Mississippi - Florida - New Jersey - Tennessee and Australia.

Sometimes guys just become legends by staying where they are and succeeding year after year.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why Coach McCartney left? Boulder is a great place to live - the athletic facilities are on a par with the best in the world. There's no reason (short of a university Board losing interest in sports) the Buffs can't succeed and Tucker starts his own dynasty. Tucker wants to build it - and he will get it done. Tucker has recruiting connections all over the country -and he has Chev on his staff - listed as one of the top 10 recruiters in the country.

The team is getting much bigger and faster - Tucker makes them tough. The Buffs are winning recruiting wars with LSU - Florida - Ohio State - Georgia - USC - Oregon - Penn St. and many more. These past two years they recruited successfully in Ohio - Michigan - Texas - California - Arizona - Georgia - Mississippi - Florida - New Jersey - Tennessee and Australia.

Sometimes guys just become legends by staying where they are and succeeding year after year.

I hope your right we need this a great HC again for a long time

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would also add though I wonder what his desire is of competing for Championships. Nothing against CU but they are a very long ways from being considered in that kind of conversation. There will be other openings that will provide better opportunities to truly compete. I think he is a good coach I just have a hard time seeing him stay longer than 2 more years at Colorado.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also add though I wonder what his desire is of competing for Championships. Nothing against CU but they are a very long ways from being considered in that kind of conversation. There will be other openings that will provide better opportunities to truly compete. I think he is a good coach I just have a hard time seeing him stay longer than 2 more years at Colorado.

Well - like I said in the last 70 years only one guy got hired away from CU football and that guy had already wore out his welcome with many fans.

CU has top line facilities - they are in a glamor location - the athletes turn over 25% a year and nearly 100% in 4 years. They are not that far away from being a top ten team - in theory.

In general I disagree with @cdumler7 on this particular assessment. Tucker will stay as long as he wants to and he will grind toward excellence. A few months ago it was USC wanted to interview CU AD Rick George for the AD spot at USC - a few days ago it was Mich. State looking for a head coach. George and Tucker really like each other. The Buffs will have to put more money into assistant coaches - that's one area CU is behind major competitors.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you recruit if after one so so year you investigate other HC opportunities ??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - like I said in the last 70 years only one guy got hired away from CU football and that guy had already wore out his welcome with many fans.

CU has top line facilities - they are in a glamor location - the athletes turn over 25% a year and nearly 100% in 4 years. They are not that far away from being a top ten team - in theory.

In general I disagree with @cdumler7 on this particular assessment. Tucker will stay as long as he wants to and he will grind toward excellence. A few months ago it was USC wanted to interview CU AD Rick George for the AD spot at USC - a few days ago it was Mich. State looking for a head coach. George and Tucker really like each other. The Buffs will have to put more money into assistant coaches - that's one area CU is behind major competitors.

Yeah have to agree to disagree on this one. The program has won 10 games only twice in the last 20 years and that is during a stretch at least the last 10 years with USC being down as a program. I don't disagree that they have really nice facilities and can be an attractive destination. I just think they qualify more in the 2nd and 3rd tier programs when it comes to major college football programs.

I honestly do hope I'm wrong on this. As like I said I like their coach and I like the direction they are going in some ways. I just have a hard time seeing them rise to the ranks of top-10 on a consistent basis. Given though there are only about 5 programs that can claim they are consistently a top-10 team: Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Georgia would be the 5 teams I would say could make that claim.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mel is leaving.
What a loser. He should be required to wait a year just like a player who transfers.

CU is a small stepping stone .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Tucker to Michigan State. Not sure why that makes him a loser. It is two steps up.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Tucker to Michigan State. Not sure why that makes him a loser. It is two steps up.

That's why they can't get anyone to interview for the job?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucker can go to MSU , go 9-3 every year and lose to OSU every year. Whoop y do.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think this puts CU in a difficult position as I would suspect that Tucker will take a large portion of the staff with him. This is not the time of year you want to start your head coach search.