• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things I would like to see going forward...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas managed to get a much needed win in Washington. The offense looked better, and figures to be a work in progress as Dak settles into the NFL - but no doubt the guy can get it done. I like how Linehan/Dak made it a point to get Dez involved consistently throughout the game - 12 targets is about what he should see every week IMO. The defense was not good, yet again - although they did manage a couple key stops when they needed it. All in all it was a good week.

Just a few things I would like to see going forward...
- Insert Alfred Morris into the starting lineup. Make Elliott take the job from Morris. No more just handing rookies jobs over established, quality veterans.
- Make Sean Lee the starting MLB in base 4-3 again. Hitchens isn't getting it done, and Lee has more impact at MLB.
- Justin Durant and Sean Lee should be the starting nickel LBs.
- No more Wilcox at S. The guy is always out of position, can't cover, and takes some of the worst routes to the ball on the team. Wilcox hurts the team at S, plain and simple.
- More Jack Crawford. More Maliek Collins.
- More B.Butler, less T.Williams.
- T.Smith to perform up to his established level of play. He hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been his normal self either.

Nice rebound this week. Now hopefully the coaching staff can start getting this roster dialed in.

Last edited:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas managed to get a much needed win in Washington. The offense looked better, and figures to be a work in progress as Dak settles into the NFL - but no doubt the guy can get it done. I like how Linehan/Dak made it a point to get Dez involved consistently throughout the game - 12 targets is about what he should see every week IMO. The defense was not good, yet again - although they did manage a couple key stops when they needed it. All in all it was a good week.

- Insert Alfred Morris into the starting lineup. Make Elliott take the job from Morris. No more just handing rookies jobs over established, quality veterans.
- Make Sean Lee the starting MLB in base 4-3 again. Hitchens isn't getting it done, and Lee has more impact at MLB.
- No more Wilcox at S. The guy is always out of position, can't cover, and takes some of the worst routes to the ball I have seen in a while. Wilcox hurts the team at S, plain and simple.
- T.Smith to perform up to his established level of play. He hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been his normal self either.

Nice rebound this week. Now hopefully the coaching staff can start getting this roster dialed in.

The dumbass Mcclain really screwed us this offseason when it comes to LB core.

I completely agree with you on Wilcox. When he is on the field it is like have 10 defenders on the field. I dont get the love affair with him. He is not even backup material. A complete bust.

I guess I would like to see more of Irving. He seems to always be around the QB and delivering shots on the QB. I want players to hit the QB down low and in the mouth and Irving is a guy that likes to do that.

I also agree with you on Collins. I think he is going to be a player and I want to see more.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mo last year and Wilcox this year
overreaction Monday...win or lose.
I'd understand if this team had done anything in the last 15 years or so.

win is a win and like I've said on message boards for years...Professionals reside on both sidelines

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mo last year and Wilcox this year
overreaction Monday...win or lose.
I'd understand if this team had done anything in the last 15 years or so.

win is a win and like I've said on message boards for years...Professionals reside on both sidelines

Where's the overreaction regarding Wilcox? Has he had any redeeming moments on the football field at Safety in coming up on 4 years?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- No more Wilcox at S. The guy is always out of position, can't cover, and takes some of the worst routes to the ball on the team. Wilcox hurts the team at S, plain and simple.

Durant has not been good overall and even worse in the nickel, but with Hitchens playing poorly I'm not sure what to say we need to do there. Durant is often chasing and out of position and cannot cover man to man at all. Hitchens is much better in those situations and can run with the TEs. But Durant made the huge 4th down play and also helped Lee on the 3rd down play too, so he deserves a couple more chances I guess. I thought about moving Lee back a couple of times too, but we don't want to lose him. If you watch the D, there often isn't really a huge difference between the roles of Lee and the MLB depending how things go pre-snap. As long as he is on the field I'm a happy guy.

More Maliek Collins? I'm all for playing kids, but Why exactly are you thinking that? I mean a nice play 10 yards down the field after he was blown off the line, but I'm not sure that's what we want from him. I have been disappointed so far, but he is young and likely should improve. Big fan of Jack Crawford getting more snaps. He seems to contribute up and down the line. Was a little banged up yesterday.

I wouldn't start Morris but I agree it needs to be split a little bit more evenly than we have done thus far.

Wilcox is just a head scratcher he is out there over and over and over and just seems to be a problem more often than not. His time here can be summed up with the saying " A day late and a dollar short."

My two are T Crawford more at LDE. I've said for years that is his best spot. I think he can be a real playmaker over there with Lawrence on the other side. Since he isn't getting much penetration up the middle anyway maybe we go with McClain and Thornton at DT with him at LDE and do a better job against the run and get more size and stop getting pushed around. My other one is Lucky. Get him the ball a little in space and same for Dunbar. These two can make things happen and I'd like a reverse for Lucky every couple of games or so.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also, I know the injury risk, but Dak needs to run a little more. Pick your spots like RW and do it when it matters most. His speed/power combo threat to run and his poise in the face of pressure will keep the defense honest when they are thinking blitz

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
define redeeming moments....he had a big knock against NYG that prevented a 1st down.
Just saying, whipping boys get it from all angles and I'd rather roll with Wilcox than Heath or a guy off the street
LOL...I do agree on Wilcox over Heath. I don't love Wilcox and am hoping he is just keeping the spot warm until the coaches are ready to put one of the kids in, but he is better than Heath. I think with Wilcox you have to simplify it for him. Play him near the line or play him deep. He doesn't seem to be able to get back to help unless he starts out all the way back there. It just doesn't look like he has a natural feel for the game or at least our defense.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Maliek Collins? I'm all for playing kids, but Why exactly are you thinking that? I mean a nice play 10 yards down the field after he was blown off the line, but I'm not sure that's what we want from him
hustle and desire aren't coachable and no way was he "blown off the line" on that play. (stonewalled but not driven back)
I think I'd like to see more

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...I do agree on Wilcox over Heath. I don't love Wilcox and am hoping he is just keeping the spot warm until the coaches are ready to put one of the kids in, but he is better than Heath. I think with Wilcox you have to simplify it for him. Play him near the line or play him deep. He doesn't seem to be able to get back to help unless he starts out all the way back there. It just doesn't look like he has a natural feel for the game or at least our defense.
safety is a weakness...thankfully we have Jones

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hustle and desire aren't coachable and no way was he "blown off the line" on that play.
I think I'd like to see more
I was watching on a suspect internet feed that was freezing and blurry, so my thoughts on this weeks game may not be the best, but I haven't seem much from him. That doesn't mean I don't want to see him out there or think he can improve, I just thought he was an interesting choice to call for more PT.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
define redeeming moments....he had a big knock against NYG that prevented a 1st down.
Just saying, whipping boys get it from all angles and I'd rather roll with Wilcox than Heath or a guy off the street

I guess I was thinking more in terms of game changing plays. The stop last week was a nice play, but you have to search long and hard for plays like that from Wilcox.

And who says the alternative is Heath or a guy off the street? Why not just leave Church at SS permanently, instead of moving him around in sub packages? Wilcox can back up the Safety spots when the starters need a quick breather I guess, but IMO through 2 games he is seeing too much time at S. He was playing SS in Dime a bit yesterday, while Church was playing in the box.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching on a suspect internet feed that was freezing and blurry, so my thoughts on this weeks game may not be the best, but I haven't seem much from him. That doesn't mean I don't want to see him out there or think he can improve, I just thought he was an interesting choice to call for more PT.
not saying he's arrived, but I look forward to seeing him in the rotation more and more....even the OU DE too

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
safety is a weakness...thankfully we have Jones
I think that play where Carr was beat (I know everyone is saying Jones, but I thought it was Carr's job to stay with him but I could be wrong) showed why he is important for us. It ended up being a huge play for us. Wasn't he the one that caught OBJ the week before after Scandrick was beat? We finally have a centerfielder that can let the other guys be more aggressive and know there is help behind them if they get beat.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant has not been good overall and even worse in the nickel, but with Hitchens playing poorly I'm not sure what to say we need to do there. Durant is often chasing and out of position and cannot cover man to man at all. Hitchens is much better in those situations and can run with the TEs. But Durant made the huge 4th down play and also helped Lee on the 3rd down play too, so he deserves a couple more chances I guess. I thought about moving Lee back a couple of times too, but we don't want to lose him. If you watch the D, there often isn't really a huge difference between the roles of Lee and the MLB depending how things go pre-snap. As long as he is on the field I'm a happy guy.

More Maliek Collins? I'm all for playing kids, but Why exactly are you thinking that? I mean a nice play 10 yards down the field after he was blown off the line, but I'm not sure that's what we want from him. I have been disappointed so far, but he is young and likely should improve. Big fan of Jack Crawford getting more snaps. He seems to contribute up and down the line. Was a little banged up yesterday.

I wouldn't start Morris but I agree it needs to be split a little bit more evenly than we have done thus far.

Wilcox is just a head scratcher he is out there over and over and over and just seems to be a problem more often than not. His time here can be summed up with the saying " A day late and a dollar short."

My two are T Crawford more at LDE. I've said for years that is his best spot. I think he can be a real playmaker over there with Lawrence on the other side. Since he isn't getting much penetration up the middle anyway maybe we go with McClain and Thornton at DT with him at LDE and do a better job against the run and get more size and stop getting pushed around. My other one is Lucky. Get him the ball a little in space and same for Dunbar. These two can make things happen and I'd like a reverse for Lucky every couple of games or so.

Durant was much better this week than last, and I think he will continue to round into shape. While Hitchens is the more athletic player and can run with these guys a bit better, he looks like he doesn't have a clue in pass coverage. Durant's experience is preferable to me, and it came up big in the 4th quarter yesterday.

Yes, more Collins. I would like to see him and McClain together in the middle more often - so far those two have shown the highest motor, and so much of DT is about want to and hustle. Slide T.Crawford to SDE and hopefully the extra size will help strengthen our run D. Move J. Crawford to WDE until Lawrence gets back.

I'm not saying Morris is a better player than Elliott, but I think it would be good for Elliott to have to earn the job. I fully expect Elliott to meet or exceed his expectations at some point. I think it would be good for him to be served up a little humble pie and have some of the pressure taken off. Morris earned it in the preseason, and is more than capable of getting the job done.

Last edited:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that play where Carr was beat (I know everyone is saying Jones, but I thought it was Carr's job to stay with him but I could be wrong) showed why he is important for us. It ended up being a huge play for us. Wasn't he the one that caught OBJ the week before after Scandrick was beat? We finally have a centerfielder that can let the other guys be more aggressive and know there is help behind them if they get beat.

I agree on that blown coverage. Can't know for sure, but it looked like Carr blew his assignment and Jones was trying to point it out. Once Carr ran by Jones trailing the receiver, Jones was like "fuck it, guess I gotta do it" and ran over and made the stop.

Jones is a special athlete, just saying...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tapper is still hurt, right? We need lawrence to provide the pass rush and take some pressure off of all of those guys. Tapper, Crawford, Irving, let them be the role players at DE that they are
Durant was much better this week than last, and I think he will continue to round into shape. While Hitchens is the more athletic player and can run with these guys a bit better, he looks like he doesn't have a clue in pass coverage. Durant's experience is preferable to me, and it came up big in the 4th quarter yesterday.

Yes, more Collins. I would like to see him and McClain together in the middle more often - so far those two have shown the highest motor, and so much of DT is about want to and hustle. Slide T.Crawford to SDE and hopefully the extra size will help strengthen our run D. Move J. Crawford to WDE until Lawrence gets back.

I'm not saying Morris is a better player than Elliott, but I think it would be good for Elliott to have to earn the job. I fully expect Elliott to meet or exceed his expectations at some point. I think it would be good for him to be served up a little humble pie and have some of the pressure taken off. Morris earned it in the preseason, and is more than capable of getting the job done.
I think Hitchens is miles better in man to man. Neither has played well in zone, but like I said Durant made the clutch play when needed. He was aware of what was going on and did exactly what he was supposed to...so maybe he is getting back to the guy we saw two years ago. Maybe he just needed to get his feet wet a little...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also, I know the injury risk, but Dak needs to run a little more. Pick your spots like RW and do it when it matters most. His speed/power combo threat to run and his poise in the face of pressure will keep the defense honest when they are thinking blitz

Dak had a great game yesterday. Don't know that I could ask anymore of a rookie QB in his second game. He is the real deal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on that blown coverage. Can't know for sure, but it looked like Carr blew his assignment and Jones was trying to point it out. Once Carr ran by Jones trailing the receiver, Jones was like "fuck it, guess I gotta do it" and ran over and made the stop.

Jones is a special athlete, just saying...
If you watch the rest of the defenders drop it is hard to imagine Carr wasn't supposed to stay on the right side. It didn't look like straight man, but he trailed his guy across the field. It was like everyone was in zone but he followed the man.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch the rest of the defenders drop it is hard to imagine Carr wasn't supposed to stay on the right side. It didn't look like straight man, but he trailed his guy across the field. It was like everyone was in zone but he followed the man.

Yep, that's what I thought. Jones was pointing and waving his hands at Carr, but to no avail.

I know the ball was under thrown, but Jones covered that ground in no time to make the stop. It's like he has another gear that other guys just don't. He's going to be special at FS once he settles in.