• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

These franchises need to realize

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that they are not the shit they think they are..

Hollins out at Memphis!?!? Really? Dude takes you to 3 straight playoffs appearances, takes you to the Western Conference finals. Do Grizzlies realize what they were just 4 years ago?

George Karl out at Denver....Nuggets were nothing before he arrived. Literally, worst franchise in the West. got them a 3 seed this year...

Vinny Del ***** out at L.A. Clippers..Got Clippers to the playoffs for the first time in like 30 years..got them there multiple times..

Of the 3 I guess Vinny makes sense as Clips could probably get a big name coach with that roster, but the other 2 make no sense at all. Those coaches have made those franchises what they are today.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Hollins wardrobe, he looks like I want to look, linen suits aka beach bum formal wear :D I bet he will be wearing some tommy bahama this year, that stuff is like the latest nike gear around here, old people talk about it like young kids and swag, pretty funny.

That is the only one that shocked me.

Karl had kind of a bad deal with having injuries this playoffs I felt like this year would have been a good one for them if they were healthy.

To be honest, things like this is what keeps those teams from ever seeing great success. Look at the teams across all sports and they have had their coach for a while and they have not had many coaches.

I am not saying that coaching changes are what makes them suck but rapidly revolving coaches is the first sign your management sucks, either that or building around Melo and Amare, that is pretty foolish too.

Management sucking is what kills franchises. Either they failed to evaluate the coaches abilities to begin with or they incorrectly evaluated their coaches performance or they incorrectly evaluated their ability to get a better coach.

Last edited by a moderator:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you both... Bobcats should fire their newly hired coach and then hire Karl, I think he would be a great fit with that roster...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great example of management bungling, hire a coach before half of your options are even available. Clifford will not be there a full season and the Bobcats will have to pick at HC leftovers again.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about the Bobcats as well. Dude comes in his first year and improves by 14 wins, and gets fired? Makes no sense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said on the Lionel Hollins Grizzlies part ways thread:

The Clippers have the best season in their history, win their first ever Pacific Division championship......Vinny Del ***** gets fired!!

George Karl win Coach of the Year...............gets fired!!

The Grizzlies win the most games of any season in their history, advance to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in their history......................Lionel Hollins gets fired!!

Meanwhile, Mike D'Antoni is still the Lakers coach!!

:wtf2:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karl's ouster has little to do with performance. I heard he was fired because he refused to play Javale McGee. Nuggets' brass signs him to a largish contract only to see him play 17 MPG?

I think Karl was probably correct in his decision, but the relationship between Karl and the front office was certainly strained by his treatment of McGee.

I kind of get the VDN firing, because I think he is a mediocre coach, but Sterling has handled things all wrong (as usual). I would not be surprised to see CP3 bolt because of the drama there.

As for Hollins, I don't get that one at all. If the Spurs weren't playing their best ball of the last 5 years, the Grizz would be in the Finals right now. Thing is though, some questioned the Rudy Gay trade, and look where it got them. I would not underestimate the Grizzlies' decision makers. I am sure they have a plan even though it looks bad right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KARL was well deserved.

He cannot get a lifetime free pass for losing in the first round of the playoffs. 9 of 10 years was long enough. After a while, it becomes apparent that it doesn't work.

Guys like Avery Johnson, Mike Brown, Flip Saunders, and Mike D'Antoni all achieved arguably more in the same 10 year span plus were COY winners as well.

Nobody got outraged over those firings.
Why is there such love for Karl???

You have a 53% chance of making the playoffs.
You don't get a lifetime pass for that average accomplishment.

Del ***** was a Chris Paul move. He threatened to leave via free agency if they kept him.
I sort of understand that move because CP3 sells the tickets for the money to pay a coach.

Hollins???

That one made no sense at all.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KARL was well deserved.

He cannot get a lifetime free pass for losing in the first round of the playoffs. 9 of 10 years was long enough. After a while, it becomes apparent that it doesn't work.

Guys like Avery Johnson, Mike Brown, Flip Saunders, and Mike D'Antoni all achieved arguably more in the same 10 year span plus were COY winners as well.

Nobody got outraged over those firings.
Why is there such love for Karl???

You have a 53% chance of making the playoffs.
You don't get a lifetime pass for that average accomplishment.

Del ***** was a Chris Paul move. He threatened to leave via free agency if they kept him.
I sort of understand that move because CP3 sells the tickets for the money to pay a coach.

Hollins???

That one made no sense at all.

I agree that there were logical reasons, it just seems odd that you have 2 teams coming off of the most successful season's in their history and the guy who won coach of the year, all get fired in the same off-season.

Del ***** may well have been a result of CP3, but the Clippers, in typical Clipper fashion managed to screw it up. Sterling basically acknowledged that it was because of CP3 and now they may lose him because of it. With their talent, a first round exit is pretty unacceptable, but Griffin got hurt and the Grizzlies were pretty much the worst possible matchup for the Clips.

I agree about Karl and the 1st round exits, but some of that falls on the front office because they've never really given him a team that is built for the playoffs., plus they had an injury issue or 2 as well.

Agree that Hollins was the biggest headscratcher of all!!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hollins move was made because the Zbo window is closing