• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

These Broncos make me want to sing the Blues

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm burned out on this Denver Bronco team. I still root for the individual players - some out of pity that they are stuck on this awful version of my Denver Broncos. One of the saddest things in life is wasted talent.

Watching the Broncos playing this season is like watching 11 guys playing for themselves while on the field at the same time. Try as they might- they still can't get all 11 players to focus on executing the same play at the same time. This is fundamentally bad football - in execution and concept.

And here I am - the faithful fan forced to watch this all season long. God knows - I try to support any version of Denver Broncos they put out there to start any year - but this team - wins the historical record of burning the fandom right out of me at the earliest point in the season - ever. I have to sing the Bronco Blues today.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm burned out on this Denver Bronco team. I still root for the individual players - some out of pity that they are stuck on this awful version of my Denver Broncos. One of the saddest things in life is wasted talent.

Watching the Broncos playing this season is like watching 11 guys playing for themselves while on the field at the same time. Try as they might- they still can't get all 11 players to focus on executing the same play at the same time. This is fundamentally bad football - in execution and concept.

And here I am - the faithful fan forced to watch this all season long. God knows - I try to support any version of Denver Broncos they put out there to start any year - but this team - wins the historical record of burning the fandom right out of me at the earliest point in the season - ever. I have to sing the Bronco Blues today.

Add the Buffs its another punch to the gut. What's going on in Colorado. We are going through alot of stuff Ownership issue No Stadium sponsor wrong staff no QBOTF. Seems like Pre Elway days have returned.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although this has been the most depressing bye week in recent memory, I am trying to look at the bright side ..

And in thinking about it, there is a lot to look forward to:

- Cap space in 2019

Right now, we look to be $48+mil under the cap ... and a few of our top paid players that will be under contract - Brandon Marshall, Darian Stewart - with these two having sub-par years and the 15.4 mil they eat up - you gotta wonder about their future ... Finding a starting QB ( Keenum at 21 mil ) might be more difficult, but replacing Marshall and Stewart and their ( lack of ) production would only add to the pool for other players ...

On a related note - the Broncos' free agents include Peko, Valdheer, Barrett, Ray, Roby and Paradis

Peko turns 34 in about two weeks ... Veldheer will be 32 and has missed a lot of games in the past few years .. Roby and Ray will be addition by subtraction ...

My point in all of this is, for better or ( it can't get ) worse, the Denver Broncos will look very very different in 2019 ...

- The Class Of 2018

Chubb, Lindsay, Freeman, Jewel, Sutton, Hamilton .. and if we have half the draft in 2019, that's a pretty good stable of young players ...

While the draft can be a crapshoot, it is apparent that Gary Kubiak's presence had an impact on the 2018 draft - and made it one of the best that I can remember ... I feel that the days of those pitiful drafts are over ...

One thing that remains a mystery is what will happen with this coaching staff ... I am surprised that Vance was not relieved of his duty after the Houston game .. This could be viewed a few different ways:

- John likes Vance, sees improvement and realizes that the hand Vance was dealt was a difficult one .. Given one more offseason, Vance could turn it around in year three ... I think this is highly unlikely .. Barring some incredible run that has no relation to what has happened over the past few years, I just cannot see Vance coming back in 2019 ... The timing was prime for letting Vance go after the Houston game - going into a bye and the questionable handling of the final minutes of the half, and the game ..

- Another reason for keeping Vance might be that John already has his next HC in mind .. It would be pointless to oust Vance and create all kinds of transitions with an interim HC like Musgrave if John has already had talks with someone currently outside the organization ..... This is probably wishful thinking - but it's not out of the question ...

- All jokes aside, has John retained Vance because the current situation gives us the best shot at 3-13 or 4-12 ??

After the SB loss to Seattle, John addressed what needed to be addressed .. No stone was left unturned ...

I look forward to 2019 being similar ... Hopefully, this offseason will be a lot more engaging than the season itself

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although this has been the most depressing bye week in recent memory, I am trying to look at the bright side ..

And in thinking about it, there is a lot to look forward to:

- Cap space in 2019

Right now, we look to be $48+mil under the cap ... and a few of our top paid players that will be under contract - Brandon Marshall, Darian Stewart - with these two having sub-par years and the 15.4 mil they eat up - you gotta wonder about their future ... Finding a starting QB ( Keenum at 21 mil ) might be more difficult, but replacing Marshall and Stewart and their ( lack of ) production would only add to the pool for other players ...

On a related note - the Broncos' free agents include Peko, Valdheer, Barrett, Ray, Roby and Paradis

Peko turns 34 in about two weeks ... Veldheer will be 32 and has missed a lot of games in the past few years .. Roby and Ray will be addition by subtraction ...

My point in all of this is, for better or ( it can't get ) worse, the Denver Broncos will look very very different in 2019 ...

- The Class Of 2018

Chubb, Lindsay, Freeman, Jewel, Sutton, Hamilton .. and if we have half the draft in 2019, that's a pretty good stable of young players ...

While the draft can be a crapshoot, it is apparent that Gary Kubiak's presence had an impact on the 2018 draft - and made it one of the best that I can remember ... I feel that the days of those pitiful drafts are over ...

One thing that remains a mystery is what will happen with this coaching staff ... I am surprised that Vance was not relieved of his duty after the Houston game .. This could be viewed a few different ways:

- John likes Vance, sees improvement and realizes that the hand Vance was dealt was a difficult one .. Given one more offseason, Vance could turn it around in year three ... I think this is highly unlikely .. Barring some incredible run that has no relation to what has happened over the past few years, I just cannot see Vance coming back in 2019 ... The timing was prime for letting Vance go after the Houston game - going into a bye and the questionable handling of the final minutes of the half, and the game ..

- Another reason for keeping Vance might be that John already has his next HC in mind .. It would be pointless to oust Vance and create all kinds of transitions with an interim HC like Musgrave if John has already had talks with someone currently outside the organization ..... This is probably wishful thinking - but it's not out of the question ...

- All jokes aside, has John retained Vance because the current situation gives us the best shot at 3-13 or 4-12 ??

After the SB loss to Seattle, John addressed what needed to be addressed .. No stone was left unturned ...

I look forward to 2019 being similar ... Hopefully, this offseason will be a lot more engaging than the season itself

Excellent Post Lucas

We are in good shape cap wise that's a huge start. I have come to grips we might have a few lean years ahead. It happens to all teams at some point. Even as hard as it is its also exciting hoping for better direction starting in 19. If John sticks to drafting football players like 2018 we'll be good soon.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be better days.

Times like this make it more rewarding when we start winning again.