• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Wisdom of Tavon Austin

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet SJ76. I used that title to offset the complete lunacy of one Titus Young who is in the process of self-imploding.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could put up X & 0s to show stuff.

But here on the hoop you can!

Just draw up the play either on your computer, note pad or chalk board. Take a screen shot and save it or photo and save it and use the paper clip to attach the photo!

Attachments

• stock-photo-265092-strategy-gameplan-x-s-o-s.jpg
    stock-photo-265092-strategy-gameplan-x-s-o-s.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 62

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita I was meaning it for non obvious passing downs and obviously there's so many plays throughout the game and so many variables its hard to predict how specific plays would really work. I just wouldn't want to use that spread of a formation more than a few times a game. I would like to see the Rams run a lot of quick passing plays because they would be hard to defend and could pick up mid range chunks of yards on early downs. Plus if anyone can slip a tackle or 2 it could be free real estate.

True, I just wanted to re-state that the scenario I brought up was purely a passing down situation, one where there would not be a three step drop. I clearly don't think you use that formation throughout the game however do think we can get away with it on those 2nd and shorts and 3rd and shorts, so more than just a couple of times a game.

The fact that we are actually discussing how to defend the Rams offense is nice, used to be just load the box and take away SJ39.

:agree:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wisdom of Tavon Austin. :lame:

You all have him locked in like some sort of God..

:kk:

Nope, just respective wisdom for the age of this guy. He is saying the right things right now but you know how that goes junkie, actions speak loader than words...

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
junkie, he aint God or Marshall, until the Rams win another Super Bowl. The fact that we have speed now and looks like hands to catch a damm ball is promising and really that is all we have until they do it on the field. I get your doubt, nothing has been done yet but were just having fun, which is something we have had little of over the years.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone knows how the new additions will pan out, but you can't help but be optimistic considering the anemic offenses we have been watching over the recent years. At least we have hope that the Rams have the ability to put more than a few points on the board for a change and Tavon Austin, if he stays injury free, figures to be a large part of that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Silas. If we still have an anemic offense after all of the additions, then all of the gyrations we did in the draft to get these new toys were useless.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this article from Fox sports written by Brandon George concerning a rookie with Dallas. I find it amazing that family members can go ape-shit when one of the members comes into money. Apparently, you use one word a lot and one sentence should follow. The word is "NO" and the sentence is GTFOMFace!!! Here is an exerpt.

In a story published Friday by The Dallas Morning News, Smith explains to Cowboys beat writer Brandon George how he was "betrayed" by his family when he realized money was missing from his bank account. Smith said after he signed his four-year, $12.5 million rookie contract with the Cowboys in 2011 that he gave his family members a substantial amount of money. But they wanted more.

"I feel like I shouldn't have given them so much," Smith said. "There was nothing wrong with helping them out and making sure they were taken care of, but not something to where they live the same lifestyle as you."

A year ago, after Smith learned he would be moving from right tackle to left tackle, he texted his parents to pass along the news. However, what he received in return was not encouragement or well wishes. Smith says they were "already looking forward to the next contract, talking about things they wanted to get already."

Smith's family problems have led to the 6-5, 308-pounder filing protective orders against his mother, father and several other family members.

This is more prevalent than you think and you have to be especially careful or suddenly, as Austin put it, you have a whole city of "cousins" calling you.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe most professional sports have a program in place where they attempt to counsel new players on how to handle money issues, fans, the press, etc.. I suspect it is not a perfect endeavor and ultimately the player has to make the choices. Hopefully Tavon Austin, and other newbies, take heed and not allow family, friends, etc., to become distractions. This is supposed to be a great and rewarding time in the lives of these young men. Unfortunately, human nature is at play.