• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Two in Five NBA Draft QF3 : Mookie vs Femur

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOOKIE

1st Half
PG - Steve Nash - 14.3
SG - Aaron McKie - 7.4
SF - Tayshaun Prince - 11.1
PF - Matt Bonner - 5.8
C - David Robinson - 21.1

2nd Half
PG - Chris Paul - 18.5
SG - Dan Majerle - 11.4
SF - Kawhi Leonard - 17.7
PF/C - Anthony Davis - 23.7
C - Shaquille O'Neal - 23.7

VS

FEMUR

1st Half
PG - Mark Jackson - 9.6
SG - Ray Allen - 18.9
SF - James Worthy - 17.6
PF - Dirk Nowitzki - 20.7
C - Dimkembe Mutombo - 9.8

2nd Half
PG - Gary Payton - 16.3
SG - Nate McMillan - 5.9
SF - Dominique Wilkins - 24.8
PF - Theo Ratliff - 7.2
C - Wilt Chamberlain - 30.1

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOOKIE - 1
FEMUR - 6

VOTED - UK, Milk, Mookie, Sushi, Shane, Stakes, Ducey

First to SIX

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Femur, I think mookie would have been better off making his first half better. It is just too weak to compare to femurs and the second half is not good enough to make up for it.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Femur, I think mookie would have been better off making his first half better. It is just too weak to compare to femurs and the second half is not good enough to make up for it.

I agree with this.

Love Nash and Robinson and pick n roll but you put Kawhi in the 1st and swap out Mckie, then put Majerle at the 3 and that 2nd half is still really strong. I don't feel a huge need to stack that 2nd. Either way I love Mook's 2nd I just don't think stacking it helps him enough to make a difference in that 1st half. I got Femur

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's tough. I'll lean Femur.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this.

Love Nash and Robinson and pick n roll but you put Kawhi in the 1st and swap out Mckie, then put Majerle at the 3 and that 2nd half is still really strong. I don't feel a huge need to stack that 2nd. Either way I love Mook's 2nd I just don't think stacking it helps him enough to make a difference in that 1st half. I got Femur
Disagree but whatever

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious is it necessary to stack your 2nd? I don't see the benefit. Too many matchup problems with the 1st
tough question to answer I mean is any of this "necessary"? I just felt like that's how my team would play the best I disagree that there's too many matchup problems I only see the obvious one. Tayshaun would make Worthy's life miserable (always felt that Worthy was pretty overrated). Admiral way better than Dikembe and would take him away from the basket. McKie was a really solid defender so I think he does an adequate job on Ray even though I'm giving up offense there. And Mark Jackson is not hanging with Nash. I feel it's a lot closer than you guys think but again it's all good. Femur has a solid squad so no issue with anyone leaning his way. My second half team is nails

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough question to answer I mean is any of this "necessary"? I just felt like that's how my team would play the best I disagree that there's too many matchup problems I only see the obvious one. Tayshaun would make Worthy's life miserable (always felt that Worthy was pretty overrated). Admiral way better than Dikembe and would take him away from the basket. McKie was a really solid defender so I think he does an adequate job on Ray even though I'm giving up offense there. And Mark Jackson is not hanging with Nash. I feel it's a lot closer than you guys think but again it's all good. Femur has a solid squad so no issue with anyone leaning his way. My second half team is nails

This is why I lose all the time in basketball, but I would never start Shaq in the second half over the admiral. Foul shooting is too big of a factor. Now again, maybe that is only a milk thought and nobody else thinks about what if it is a close game and stuff.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I lose all the time in basketball, but I would never start Shaq in the second half over the admiral. Foul shooting is too big of a factor. Now again, maybe that is only a milk thought and nobody else thinks about what if it is a close game and stuff.
Not a totally invalid point. shaq did have a tendency to make foul shots when he needed them the most though. And Wilt was a terrible foul shooter himself so that shouldn't be a disadvantage to either team (unless you don't know the history basketball of course)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a totally invalid point. shaq did have a tendency to make foul shots when he needed them the most though. And Wilt was a terrible foul shooter himself so that shouldn't be a disadvantage to either team (unless you don't know the history basketball of course)

But his choice was wilt or mutumbo. Yours was shaq vs the admiral. My point is more why give yourself the disadvantage when you have a better option available.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But his choice was wilt or mutumbo. Yours was shaq vs the admiral. My point is more why give yourself the disadvantage when you have a better option available.
Because it's not a disadvantage for the reasons I stated above. And Shaq was a 3 x Finals MVP and a better player than Admiral. Admiral the more versatile player gels a lot better with Nash. Was never even an option to consider it the other way around

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's not a disadvantage for the reasons I stated above. And Shaq was a 3 x Finals MVP and a better player than Admiral. Admiral the more versatile player gels a lot better with Nash. Was never even an option to consider it the other way around

It’s a known fact I don’t know much basketball. Just telling you my first two observations about your team. First that you stacked your second half too much and 2 your best player on your stacked half can not shoot foul shots.

I do respect how you are sticking with your guns though. Whether I am right or wrong.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a known fact I don’t know much basketball. Just telling you my first two observations about your team. First that you stacked your second half too much and 2 your best player on your stacked half can not shoot foul shots.

I do respect how you are sticking with your guns though. Whether I am right or wrong.
It's all good everyone has their own thought process. I didn't mean to dig at ya with the history of hoop thing. End of day I think my first half squad keeps me in striking distance enough for my 2nd half team to take over. But there's no right or wrong answer and I certainly could be wrong. Like I said before Femur has a great squad so no shame in losing to him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I would hope most of the guys we draft can hold their own but there is a huge difference when your 2-4 is Mckie, Prince and Bonner (who basically never started) vs Ray allen, worthy and dirk.

My point was if you slide a player (Kawhi or AD) but for this example AD in the 1st - move Bonner to the 2nd it balances out your lineups. You dont need AD and Shaq, you want shooters around Kawhi and Shaq. Feed it to Shaq all day and you will survive.You dont need more scoring in that 2nd, you do need it in the 1st. It just made more sense from my pov...not trying to say you dont know your shit. I’ve done it so many times and just learned to stack lineups evenly depending on what type of draft we run. Either way nice team, the voting shouldnt have been this lopsided.