• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Two in Five NBA Draft Play-In 2 : Nos vs Hall

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOS

1st Half
PG - Terry Porter - 12.2
SG - Dale Ellis - 15.7
SF - Elgin Baylor - 27.4
PF - Paul Silas - 9.4
C - Ben Wallace - 5.7

2nd Half
PG - Walt "Clyde" Frazier - 18.9
SG - John Havlicek - 20.8
SF - Peja Stojakovic - 17.0
PF - Dennis Rodman - 7.3
C - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 24.6

VS

HALL

1st Half
PG - Allen Iverson - 26.7
SG - Tracy McGrady - 19.6
SF - Shane Battier - 8.6
PF - Horace Grant - 11.2
C - Alonzo Mourning - 17.1

2nd Half
PG - Steve Kerr - 6.0
SG - Dwyane Wade - 22.0
SF - LeBron James - 27.2
PF - Robert Horry - 7.0
C - Bill Russell - 15.1

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOS - 6
HALL - 1

VOTED - Ducey, Shane, UK, Mookie, Sushi, Milk, 500

First to SIX

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Hall’s 2nd half fit minus Billy of course. Not sure how AI and Mcgrady would play together, fighting over the ball. So many mismatches for both teams in the 2nd. Kerr-Walt, Peja-Lebron, Kareem-Billy.

Gotta take Nos in a close one. Both 2nds are very nice and good fits but Nos’ 1st would have more flow. Tight matchup.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it’s a tale of two halves. I think Halls team dominates the first half but then I think Nos team dominates the second. I’ll lean Nos to finish strong with his defense carrying him the second half.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it’s a tale of two halves. I think Halls team dominates the first half but then I think Nos team dominates the second. I’ll lean Nos to finish strong with his defense carrying him the second half.

interesting... I have it the other way around Nos wins the first half, and Hall wins the second half...

BUT I agree with your conclusion... I think even though Hall wins the second half, the mismatches with Bill Russell and Steve Kerr vs Frasier and Kareem, is enough to keep that second half closer than the first half....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting... I have it the other way around Nos wins the first half, and Hall wins the second half...

BUT I agree with your conclusion... I think even though Hall wins the second half, the mismatches with Bill Russell and Steve Kerr vs Frasier and Kareem, is enough to keep that second half closer than the first half....

Why do you think Nos' lineup dominates Hall in the 1st??...Hall has a lot of scoring and looks like Nos stacked his 2nd...I agree with Sushi, Hall takes a good lead into the 2nd but too many mismatches in the 2nd for Hall even for Lebron and Wade to overcome.

I think Hall did what he was supposed to do with Lebron and Wade...he put shooters around them but in an all-time lineup like this there are too many holes in his defense. Getting Russell helps but it doesn't help his best attributes would be pretty non-existent against Kareem. I just don't see how Nos doesn't completely dominate him on the boards with Rodman and Kareem. Just too many holes.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think Nos' lineup dominates Hall in the 1st??...Hall has a lot of scoring and looks like Nos stacked his 2nd...I agree with Sushi, Hall takes a good lead into the 2nd but too many mismatches in the 2nd for Hall even for Lebron and Wade to overcome.

I think Hall did what he was supposed to do with Lebron and Wade...he put shooters around them but in an all-time lineup like this there are too many holes in his defense. Getting Russell helps but it doesn't help his best attributes would be pretty non-existent against Kareem. I just don't see how Nos doesn't completely dominate him on the boards with Rodman and Kareem. Just too many holes.

maybe I over-estimate Lebron... I think Russell can stop Kareem MORE than Rodman can stop Lebron... and I think Wade is better offensively than the second best Nos throws out...

and as much as I think Kerr is mismatched in this, I think the fear of three pointers would keep the offense running...

I don't think Havlicek or Frazier would be three point shooters if that was a thing back when they played... I don't see either to be true shooters...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe I over-estimate Lebron... I think Russell can stop Kareem MORE than Rodman can stop Lebron... and I think Wade is better offensively than the second best Nos throws out...

and as much as I think Kerr is mismatched in this, I think the fear of three pointers would keep the offense running...

I don't think Havlicek or Frazier would be three point shooters if that was a thing back when they played... I don't see either to be true shooters...

idk Russell couldn't guard Wilt so not sure how he is defending Kareem. Both are mismatches. But you can't just think about it as a player vs player matchup. How does Horry keep Rodman off the boards or even Russell keep Kareem off the boards? Kerr against Frazier? At least Peja can hide his bad defensive ability guarding Horry.
You are correct the offense would keep running but you can only go so long before getting worn out on the boards. They would have some many 2nd chance points it would be crazy. I just think there are less weak spots in the 2nd for Nos and the offense flows better. Havlicek and Walt were also great defenders so he essentially has 4 elite defenders on the floor.

Havlicek was a 6'5" white guy lol. He could shoot but in this day and age he would have a jumpshot without a doubt...but that is really besides the point. We aren't basing our opinion on something we don't know.