• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The TKO Punches - WR Rankings

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following rankings are for standard scoring leagues.

1. Calvin Johnson - I'm not scared to go with the consensus.
2. Brandon Marshall - Only injury will hold him under 100 catches, I see more TD's this year too.
3. A.J. Green - Didn't take long to emerge as one of the greats in the league.
4. Demaryius Thomas - Peyton has a lot of mouths to feed, but none hungrier than the biggest Bronco.
5. Dez Bryant - Spurts of amazing production last year. I believe it, and it will continue.
6. Wes Welker - I don't know if I could draft him this high, but I wouldn't be scared if he was my WR1.
7. Larry Fitzgerald - Is it sad that a great WR gets excited to see Carson Palmer come to town?
8. Julio Jones - A little more consistency to go with the top three talent and he'll be higher next year.
9. Roddy White - I'm still not buying the perceived downfall here.
10. Percy Harvin - A nice fit in Seattle and should have lots of room with Lynch and Wilson needing eyes on them.
11. Randall Cobb - Everyone is excited to see the versatility and explosiveness, I'm in.
12. James Jones - Is he starting to become Aaron's favorite red zoner?
13. Eric Decker - Well, if Peyton's gonna throw 50, the big three will need double digits.
14. Jordy Nelson - Probably the dark horse sleeper for the Packers air game, if that makes sense.
15. Marques Colston - A model of consistency, a few down weeks but lots of Breesy touchdowns.
16. Hakeem Nicks - At some point, a guy is either injured or not. How 'bout it Hakeem?
17. Victor Cruz - Probably the safer Giant to own, but I'd still be swayed by the big man first.
18. Steve Smith - Still has the fire inside, this little-big man isn't done yet, and Cam's first, second and third option.
19. Vincent Jackson - Big weeks are huge, bad weeks are gross. Great upside, but too many headaches for me.
20. Reggie Wayne - Probably won't win you any weeks, but a steady 8-12 points most weeks should continue.
21. Danny Amendola - Am I going out on a limb saying he'll play 16 games? Sure, and he probably ends up higher.
22. Andre Johnson - Andre finally stayed healthy last year, but the production has certainly fallen.
23. Dwayne Bowe - Alex won't take long getting used to zeroing in on Bowe. Should have 80% of the air game.
24. Torrey Smith - A poor man's V-Jax, as the HR weeks are nice, but could get ugly sometimes.
25. Anquan Boldin - Niners will look to the guy who beat them last year, to take Crabtree's presence (or presents :)
26. Pierre Garcon - Needs to stay on the field, and so does his QB.
27. Stevie Johnson - Expected to be used out of the slot, would be a better PPR player than standard.
28. Mike Williams - Big sleeper last year, probably won't go so late this season. A good compliment to V-Jax.
29. Miles Austin - If you could promise me 16 games, I'd put him higher, but alas...
30. Mike Wallace - Just a HR hitter? I'll say a little more than that, but nothing too exciting.
31. Kenny Britt - Really hard player to rank, could be top 10, could be out of the league by Thanksgiving.
32. Antonio Brown - I think most of us will be under estimating the Steelers' passing game this year... well, I am.
33. DeSean Jackson - The Eagles are very hard to get a grasp on for me, every single one of them.
34. Denario Alexander - At times, looked like the WR Rivers was waiting for since V-Jax's departure.
35. Sidney Rice - I hope he can stay healthy. Harvin should open things up on the outside for him.
36. T.Y. Hilton - Showed flashes of explosiveness last year. Another year of growing with Luck can only help.
37. Greg Jennings - Someone other than Rudolph has to catch passes, right?
38. Cecil Shorts - Boy I have a hard time writing Jaguars down on any rankings lists.
39. Emanuel Sanders - Like I said, nobody really knows the potential sneakiness of the Steelers' passing game.
40. Denarius Moore - Should lead a Raiders' air attack, or lack there of...?
41. Lance Moore - Very underrated player, both in fantasy and real life.
42. DeAndre Hopkins - I think this is one rookie with his head on straight to go with the skill set.
43. Tavon Austin - Ridiculous all-round numbers in college. Can the Rams exploit his talents?
44. Aaron Dobson - All my rookies bunched together... but I think their opportunities are great.
45. Dwayne Harris - I love him, but am a little worried of the rookie, Williams from Baylor.
46. Mohammed Sanu - I don't see consistency yet, but should be a solid fill-in for fantasy.
47. Andrew Hawkins - I would rely on Hawkins just as much as Sanu, if I were the Bengals.
48. Josh Gordon - Suspension knocked him down, but should provide a handful of productive games.
49. Brandon LaFell - I think this is LaFell's year for more consistency and a possible steady WR3 option.
50. Jeremy Maclin - I've kind of lost faith in Maclin, as he just can't stay on the field and produce consistently.
51. Jeremy Kerley - Well, the Jets have to throw it to somebody.
52. Michael Floyd - I expect him to take control of his playing time this year to be very useful.
53. Alshon Jeffery - The Bears are expecting bigger production than I am, but he could surprise.
54. Santana Moss - Still kickin' around, and will probably work out of the slot most times.
55. Jacoby Jones - I know he wants to be on "Dancing with the Starters" again this year, he'll need more TD's.
56. Greg Little - If his hands of stone get any better, he'll have lots of opportunites... if.
57. Brian Hartline - Kind of clicked with Tannehill last year, I wonder if Wallace opens it up for more production?
58. Kendall Wright - Probably much too low here, but the Titans' air game is much to splotchy for me.
59. Ryan Broyles - Again, probably much too low here, but I think I want to see it first.
60. Darrius Heyward-Bey - Straight line speed can be effective in fantasy, just have to hit your spot start right.

So, there it is, nothing flashy. Receivers are so hard to "predict", but I can safely say that's how I'd draft them. Looking over this, I think I like the guys in the 40's more than the guys in the 30's... and I referenced V-Jax a little too much...

Happy drafting everyone!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great stuff TKO, as usual!

Little shocked that your that high on Welker..I'd be paranoid if he's my #1 ;)
And probably the Denver offense as a whole is a bit of a shocker to me. Even when a much younger Peyton had 3 1000yd WR's, he didn't toss 50, and I could be wrong, but as I recall, not all three were top 15. Not saying it can't happen, but I do believe it would be a minor miracle.

Agree with nearly everything else though, even Marshall at #2 is entirely plausible.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Treff. Yeah, I think that's high for Welker too, and kind of surprised myself, but as I thought it through, I just kept seeing Welker catching 10 balls a game.

A possible jump I see, would be LaFell moving into the 30's, but I think that's more on Cam, and whether or not he'll trust anyone else other than Smitty.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done man! Not as high on Decker and Welker but I like you had the stones to recognize Fitz and rank him appropriatly IMO. BTW, not only is he excited to see Palmer but I bet he's praying Palmer can stay healthy too.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Brandon Marshall - Only injury will hold him under 100 catches, I see more TD's this year too.

I cant see him getting more TDs... I feel Cutler will spread the ball alil more with emergence of Alshon and signing of Bennett.. An improved O-line helps the whole bears offense tho

I see your not to high on Julio I feel he can have a big year especially in a non-ppr.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Peyton has 3 WR in top 13 overall for WR guy will run away with MVP...

I worry that their division is so weak there gonna be running the ball a ton in 2nd half

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam, I just noticed your B-52's Private Idaho reference. Awesome. "Get out of the state you're in." On to TKO...

58. Kendall Wright - Probably much too low here, but the Titans' air game is much to splotchy for me.

Splotchy? That word can be used to describe several teams' air game.

I love the Marshall at #2 pick. If he can accomplish what he did with a terrible O-line last season. I can't see Trestman not take advantage of this guy's abilities.

I agree with Treff on Welker. Scary to have him as my WR1.

Nice to see someone drop Tavon Austin down to a reasonable ranking. Speaking of which, did you hear what the Rams' GM said about the offense? He wants a Saints-type offense which means spreading the ball around, as opposed to targeting one or two guys.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got Austin at #34 and Givens at #48. Maybe that's being homeristic but I just have a feeling this will be the year the Ram's finally get their moneys worth out of Bradford. Funny thing is I still couldn't find it in my heart (or my rankings) to rank Bradford in the top 15.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splotchy? That word can be used to describe several teams' air game.

Yeah, I guess "air game" isn't quite accurate. What I mean is that I can see Nate Washington leading them this year, just as much as Britt, or Wright... which reminds me, maybe I should have put Nate in there?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case of Harvin missing the season, or even starting on the PUP list, I'll throw in another name who has yet to sign anywhere...

Brandon Lloyd ... (Baltimore?, back to NE?)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, NE's (extremely) young WR corps at the moment might just actually surprise all of us... ?? doubt there even looking in Lloyd's direction.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case of Harvin missing the season, or even starting on the PUP list, I'll throw in another name who has yet to sign anywhere...

Brandon Lloyd ... (Baltimore?, back to NE?)
I was thinking he might end up where he started.............but doubt it; looks like they will go with Davis, Boldin and the rooks............

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50. Jeremy Maclin - I've kind of lost faith in Maclin, as he just can't stay on the field and produce consistently.

I think it's time to throw Kenbrell Thompkins' name out there. Can you imagine the Pats starting two rookies, Dobson and Thompkins as starting wideouts?

57. Brian Hartline - Kind of clicked with Tannehill last year, I wonder if Wallace opens it up for more production?
59. Ryan Broyles - Again, probably much too low here, but I think I want to see it first.

Think I'm right here too, as in "wrong" having them so low. Could easily be (and probably should be) just ahead of my rookies in the early 40's.