• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SPURS were better than any team MJ or Kobe beat

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you misunderstood. Just as you were saying 'point is you just don't know' regarding the 00-02 Lakers playing the Spurs, the same can be said about this year's champ the Spurs beating teams that lost to the Kobe Lakers and Jordan Bulls. Point is you just don't know right?

That was your response to my somewhat sarcastic dig at Horns and the 00-02 Lakers destroying this year's champs. So, you did mention such moments. Do they have such historic moments against the 00-02 Lakers? Point is you don't know right?

The Heat lost to the better team. No reason to marginalize the past to defend Lebron which is what Horns was attempting.

My response was in DEFENSE of Horns and the Spurs.

I know now, after watching the games that the Spurs were the much better team.
I've never even hinted at anything different.
Honestly, I have no clue what your talking about in regard to me saying anything different.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL great thread. Funny stuff. Don't get me wrong this Spurs team was great but come on. Stop it LBJ and the Miami Heat choked.

We all knew the older guys like Battier, Ray Allen and Haslem weren't going to last forever. The Spurs exposed all their weaknesses perfectly. The Heat just need to reload the bench.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the way the Spurs took the heat out to the wood shed.... There is this temptation for people to go "see... The east sucked, the heat would've lost to anyone out oh the west"

I vehemently refute that. The Spurs were uniquely setup to battle the heat. They alone had the passing, depth, defense, coaching, and championship pedigree to do what they did.

I'm not saying the Heat couldn't have lost to someone else... Just saying that using the Spurs beat down as evidence that they would have is a mistake.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the way the Spurs took the heat out to the wood shed.... There is this temptation for people to go "see... The east sucked, the heat would've lost to anyone out oh the west"

I vehemently refute that. The Spurs were uniquely setup to battle the heat. They alone had the passing, depth, defense, coaching, and championship pedigree to do what they did.

I'm not saying the Heat couldn't have lost to someone else... Just saying that using the Spurs beat down as evidence that they would have is a mistake.

Yeah, it really is all about matchups in that case.

Dallas plays a lot like San Antonio and could have given the Heat fits.

On the other hand, OKC plays into Miami's strengths and I think the Heat would have three-peated had OKC beaten the Spurs and won the West.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIAMI would have destroyed OKC. They would have beaten the Clippers in 6 or 7.

SA was perfectly built to beat Miami....lots of depth and strong frontcourt/paint scoring

Miami fans were openly rooting for Oklahoma City in the Western Finals.

Miami would have finished #1 or #2 in the West as well.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same thing happened after the Superbowl

Seahawks dominated the Broncos...then all of a sudden every nfc fan on SportsHoopla came out from hiding like "oh we would've blown out the Broncos too. AFC is so overrated"

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIAMI would have destroyed OKC. They would have beaten the Clippers in 6 or 7.

SA was perfectly built to beat Miami....lots of depth and strong frontcourt/paint scoring

Miami fans were openly rooting for Oklahoma City in the Western Finals.

Miami would have finished #1 or #2 in the West as well.

How can you be so sure. During the regular season, Miami split with the spurs, OKC and memphis.. all three of which looked better in the post season.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you be so sure. During the regular season, Miami split with the spurs, OKC and memphis.. all three of which looked better in the post season.

No one can be sure, but the Heat definitely would've had altered priorities in the whole "wins vs rest" thing, had they been in the Western conference.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its fairly popular to bash Lebron for losing another finals, and then immediately point out the success of Jordan/Kobe.

But, in my opinion, Jordan or Kobe never faced a team like the 2014 Spurs.
There is no shame in losing to them.

The 2014 Spurs were better than the 1991 Lakers, 1992 Blazers, 1993 Suns, 1996 Sonics, 1997/98 Jazz, 00 Pacers, 01 Sixers, 02 Nets, 09 Magic, or 10 Celtics (Only the 1993 Suns gave me pause.)

LEBRON haters need to acknowledge this a bit.

It was not about the HEAT or LBJ failing.
It was about a dominant great Spurs team.

I don't think so for several reasons:

Michael Jordan and the bulls was a physical team and it was common for the team to deliver blows like the one that sent Parker writhing and crying on the floor in pain. Quite frankly he was acting a bit too French. Tim Duncan and Parker could never stand up to that type of abuse consistently. Don't forget that the Bulls is the team that eliminated the Detroit bad boys - which was the dirtiest team in NBA - ever

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who claims that Miami would have finished #1 or #2 in the west either didn't watch Miami often during the season or has no idea how NBA scheduling works. It is much easier to play well against the top level teams when you only have a handful of games against them. Miami's win total would be drastically lower having to constantly battle SA, OKC, LAC, Hou, Por, & GS as well as three other 48+ win teams in the west.

Think about this, Phoenix, the #9 seed in the west, had 48 wins which is only 6 less than the #2 seed in the east, Miami. If Miami had to play a similar schedule as west teams did, Miami would struggle to make the playoffs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who claims that Miami would have finished #1 or #2 in the west either didn't watch Miami often during the season or has no idea how NBA scheduling works. It is much easier to play well against the top level teams when you only have a handful of games against them. Miami's win total would be drastically lower having to constantly battle SA, OKC, LAC, Hou, Por, & GS as well as three other 48+ win teams in the west.

Think about this, Phoenix, the #9 seed in the west, had 48 wins which is only 6 less than the #2 seed in the east, Miami. If Miami had to play a similar schedule as west teams did, Miami would struggle to make the playoffs.

That's insane.
Period.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree to a point. I do think they would of made the playoffs but they might of got bounced in the 1st rd. If I had to rate they would of been a 4-5 seed in the West. Think about it they had an easy playoffs and when they finally played a good team they got smacked around. In the West the 1st rd is not easy. Best case for Miami they make it to the 2nd rd.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's insane.
Period.

It's the truth. Im not hating on Miami. The East just isn't what it used to be, I have a feeling in a year or 2 Bos,Chi, maybe even the the Pistons will be back after rebuilding'Bos,NYK,Nets. Chicago needs another star player, Lebron maybe unless he stays in Miami. Indy,Wash will get better. The west is just better then the east. Besides SA I cheer for NBA east but the east teams just have to get better to beat the west in the end.. I am far from a know- it -all NBA fan but thats my opinion on the NBA east.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's insane.
Period.

It's the truth. Just taking their actual record from this season, counting SOS as the tie breaker, they would have been the 6th seed in the west. Take into account that there would be more than few more losses & the fact that Memphis, Dallas, & Phoenix would be right on their heals. They would have to fight just to make the playoffs in the west.

Take off your homer glasses.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the truth. Just taking their actual record from this season, counting SOS as the tie breaker, they would have been the 6th seed in the west. Take into account that there would be more than few more losses & the fact that Memphis, Dallas, & Phoenix would be right on their heals. They would have to fight just to make the playoffs in the west.

anyone who think the Heat wouldn't have a harder time getting out of the west isn't watching the game close enough...

LeBronMonsterDunk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like how you completely disregarded the fact that Miami is 76-32 against the West since the Big 3 formed.

Guess that didn't fit your insecurity fueled agenda.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you completely disregarded the fact that Miami is 76-32 against the West since the Big 3 formed.

Guess that didn't fit your insecurity fueled agenda.

I like how you don't account for fact that I pointed out that they don't play those teams on a regular basis. I guess you couldn't comprehend that point in my OP. It is much easier to successfully play against teams when you play them infrequently & are playing a sub-par schedule. Keep touting their irrelevant record against the top west while playing in cake like atmosphere that is the eastern conference.

LeBronMonsterDunk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you don't account for fact that I pointed out that they don't play those teams on a regular basis. I guess you couldn't comprehend that point in my OP. It is much easier to successfully play against teams when you play them infrequently & are playing a sub-par schedule. Keep touting their irrelevant record against the top west while playing in cake like atmosphere that is the eastern conference.

Oh so you can make assumptions that they wouldn't do well in the West based on your opinionated, biased speculation with no basis in reality but it's not OK to state the undeniable FACT that Miami has taken a huge shit on the Western conference since forming the Big 3?