• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The SportsHoopla QB Rankings: Pt. 21-25 (PICK FIVE)

Who are the 5 Best QBs from this list?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our previous poll ended with Alex Smith, RGIII, Colin Kaepernick, and Ryan Tannehill claiming the 17th-20th spots.

I think it should be CK, AS, RGIII, RT because 4 people voted CK as 17th and only 3 voted for AS to head that group. In fact, if it weren't for some thinking AS was behind RGIII, all CK voters would have chosen the first option (CK, AS, RGIII, RT).

But I haven't overturned a vote and AS, RGIII, CK, RT was the vote.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't need to be in it for the long haul, just vote when you can. The offseason is long and I will space it out. There will come a time where it doesn't matter so I will group, but we'll go as far as we can.

Question: Who is the 21st-25th best QBs in the league?

Here are the parameters:

This is just for this coming year. Age can matter as far as current abilities and experience, etc., but don't choose a young QB over Peyton Manning because so and so is younger and can offer more years. Just base it upon who they are now. If younger means better, sure. Otherwise, it's irrelevant.

Assume that each QB is in the optimal system with an equal level of talent around them and coaching. If the current QB of a team does not fit in their current system or on a bad team, imagine them in the right system and average team.

This time, I just put who I think people would have in the next 12 - not my personal next 12. Make sense?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will figure out tiebreakers without re-voting, as I know 21-25 is too late to really care.

For unsettled QB competitions, vote for who you think should win, not who you think will win. For example, if you think Geno Smith will start but Vick is better, Vick in your mind is the better QB and thus should be ranked above Geno. And vice-versa, of course.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time the votes are public, just so we can know if there are five, more than five, or not even five vots by anyone. Someone misunderstood last time. Plus, the issue I had before is meaningless this late in the rankings. A 25th best QB being ahead of a should be 21st? No big deal.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 17-20 round, why don't you apply 4 points for a "1st" place vote, 3 points for a "2nd," and so on, then add up those points and apply that way? Seems like the fairest way to do it. CK got 1st place votes but a ton of 3rd place votes as well (he wasn't even eligible for the 4th place). I would have voted for CK as 4th if I had the choice, or for a fill in candidate as I really don't think CK is a good qb at all.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally think chad henne is underrated, and vick should start over geno

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schaub isnt washed up, and johnny football will mess this leagueup, and im thinking locker turns it around

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 17-20 round, why don't you apply 4 points for a "1st" place vote, 3 points for a "2nd," and so on, then add up those points and apply that way? Seems like the fairest way to do it. CK got 1st place votes but a ton of 3rd place votes as well (he wasn't even eligible for the 4th place). I would have voted for CK as 4th if I had the choice, or for a fill in candidate as I really don't think CK is a good qb at all.

Ok, done. RGIII fans won't be happy and neither will CK fans. I don't think RT fans have a case. In applying that method, AS has 28 points, CK has 26, RGIII has 20, and RT has 15. There are the 17-20 QBs. I'd switch CK and AS, but your way is fair to the votes. I personally feel the CK third place votes are a bit open to what people call sports hate or trolling, but if we were to remove bias or rivalry or whatnot, this poll series would have ended in Rounds 1-4. It's inevitable despite the desire for objective votes. If CK beat RW, I don't think he'd be this far down, but he didn't and so (relatively) neutral people won't pick up the slack. Not saying there isn't a case for a lower than it seems in the media ranking. CK has to improve and his numbers will with his new weapons, IMO. He himself will, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally think chad henne is underrated, and vick should start over geno

schaub isnt washed up, and johnny football will mess this leagueup, and im thinking locker turns it around

Thanks for providing your reasoning. I will list.those QBs before their potential backups, unless there is a good counter opinion or majority disagreement (by responses here).