• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Sports Exchange 2014 top 250 draft prospects has...

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver right at or a couple pks later in position to grab, in order...

1. Ryan Shazier Lb- Ohio St at 31
2. JimmyWard SS- No Illinois at 62, ( Wr Richardson- Colo rated at 61)
3. Kristen Kirksey ILB- Iowa is 93. (Anthony Johnson Dt- LSU is 3pks later at 96)
4. Dion Bailey FS-USC is pk 124 (Christian Jones ILB- Florida St is pk 123)
5. Charles Leno Jr. OT- Boise St at pk 155 ( Jerrick McKinnon RB- Geo So. is pk 153)
6. At pk 184 is Dri Archer Wr- Kent St
If you read up on all of them, that would be a very "possible" promising draft!! Looks good to me, What say Gents?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really love those first two picks. Shazier is growing on me by the day and jimmy Ward might be my second favorite safety only behind Pryor at this point. Ward is a bit on the small size but the guy has no fear. He plays with great instincts and is very disciplined in his craft. Probably the most sound tackler from the safety position in this draft and is great in coverage to boot. Man I want this guy.

If this draft were to fall like this I would rather take Johnson in the 3rd then Christian Jones in the 4th. Not a fan of Bailey or Kirksey. Jones has the athleticism to be a good MLB if that is the way we decided to go. Although taking Shazier in the 1st most likely the Broncos are hoping for him to play MLB for us.

Only other problem I have with this draft is nothing is really being added to the pass rush. Now I do think our pass rush will be greatly improved just by guys like Von, Smith, Wolfe, and others getting healthy but I do think in the draft we need to maybe look for somebody to add to that a bit. I guess this draft would all depend what we did during FA. My guess is this draft thinks we spend our money in FA on WR, OL, and DL then use the draft to help the back end.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really love those first two picks. Shazier is growing on me by the day and jimmy Ward might be my second favorite safety only behind Pryor at this point. Ward is a bit on the small size but the guy has no fear. He plays with great instincts and is very disciplined in his craft. Probably the most sound tackler from the safety position in this draft and is great in coverage to boot. Man I want this guy.

If this draft were to fall like this I would rather take Johnson in the 3rd then Christian Jones in the 4th. Not a fan of Bailey or Kirksey. Jones has the athleticism to be a good MLB if that is the way we decided to go. Although taking Shazier in the 1st most likely the Broncos are hoping for him to play MLB for us.

Only other problem I have with this draft is nothing is really being added to the pass rush. Now I do think our pass rush will be greatly improved just by guys like Von, Smith, Wolfe, and others getting healthy but I do think in the draft we need to maybe look for somebody to add to that a bit. I guess this draft would all depend what we did during FA. My guess is this draft thinks we spend our money in FA on WR, OL, and DL then use the draft to help the back end.

I`ll venture and say we use Fa on O-line, DL ( I really think Denver signs Allen) and Safety. I think Denver goes Lb,Wr, Dt( theres were I like Johnson from LSU) and Rb in draft. I`am surprised not many think Rb is a necessity this yr too. With Moreno prob gone, Hilman a no- show and prob cut, we really don`t have much to replace Ball or inexpierienced CJ if either gets hurt, going into 2014. There are a few rbs that if Denver can get at decent price in FA ,like Ben Tate, R. Jennings, Brown ( Giants) and I really like what Donald Brown ( Colts) can bring to the table, then rb would be replaced by another Db or DL in draft. I know you and I and others, will have a better thought process once March 11 hits and then we can prob have a much better idea come draft. Shits gonna fly I think for alot of teams including Denver in the next few weeks! Gonna be fun guys

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another guy Iam seeing pop up more and more is Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB from Nebraska. They liken his size/stlye coverage skills to Sherman. I like what I `ve read about him. Hmnn. Thoughts anyone?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with SJB of Nebraska is because there is this huge push for big corners now he is going to get overdrafted. His tape is that of a guy that shows promise but is inconsistent and should go in say the late 3rd or 4th round. Most likely he is a late 2nd or early 3rd round guy now because of the comparisons to Sherman. If we are going to take a big corner I would rather us take Keith McGill of I think Utah. He is a bit better in coverage that SJB in my opinion and has a bit more upside.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also at the RB position I think the big reason nobody is talking about the position is we have used draft picks the last 2 years on the position. The team seems very content to move forward with Ball as the bell cow and see what CJ Anderson and Hillman can do. They all had their struggles last year but with the youth movement my guess is the Broncos are hoping to see them all develop quite a bit. I still wouldn't mind bringing in a veteran for a one-year deal or even using like a 6th or 7th round pick on the position as there should still be quality backs at that point.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get ya cd and I certainly wouldn`t want to see Denver use a 1-3 pk on rb ( thus the Lb,Wr,DT pks in prev.post) I don`t think pking rb at 4th would necessarily be a bad spot. Now if Denver were to pk up some insurance in FA @rb, then sure maybe take on in 6-7 rd. I still like that Kerrick McKinnon ( I think ) if he`s there in 4th and Denver didn`t address in FA. I just don`t feel comfortable in a CJ or Hilman to carry the load if BAll were to miss some time. Not sure how well C.J is in pass blkg but we all know Hilman was terible. That`s a critical area with Manning ( that`s why I REALLY like the D. Brown Indy Fa rb) He`s one of the best and he also really came on last yr when they gave him the rock more. HGD cd

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to bring in Brown. He has experience with Peyton so it wouldn't be him having to learn a whole new offense and yes his production on the field was impressive last year averaging over 5 yards a carry behind a pretty crappy line. I do wonder though how expensive he is going to be. My thought is he will go for more than even Moreno at this point and if that is the case I would just rather bring back Moreno on a 2-year deal.

The other guy I would be willing to put some money into though at the RB position is Ben Tate. For some reason I have just always loved his running style. He was injured quite a bit this past season so could come a bit cheaper but I think him and Ball would be a great 1-2 punch.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to bring in Brown. He has experience with Peyton so it wouldn't be him having to learn a whole new offense and yes his production on the field was impressive last year averaging over 5 yards a carry behind a pretty crappy line. I do wonder though how expensive he is going to be. My thought is he will go for more than even Moreno at this point and if that is the case I would just rather bring back Moreno on a 2-year deal.

The other guy I would be willing to put some money into though at the RB position is Ben Tate. For some reason I have just always loved his running style. He was injured quite a bit this past season so could come a bit cheaper but I think him and Ball would be a great 1-2 punch.

Yeah cd I think both guys (Brown & Moreno ) showed their worth last yr and imagine their contracts would be at least similar. Regarding Tate, From what I`ve been reading, Denver needs/wants to find guy to get those tough yds that Moreno was called on more than Ball was and he did very good job. They like a guy like Tate and thinks he would compliment Ball in that way. The guy is def a North and South runner with surprising speed for a big man. He just might be gotten for a tad less compared to Brown/Moreno. IDK, I know I would feel good about either of them really.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I`ve thought about it more, I don`t think D. Brown would be interested in a situation were he wasn`t featured back ( after getting chance to showcase himself more due to Richardson trade and Bradshaw flop and putting up very respectable #`s) I think he`s got the taste in his mouth now. That narrows the FA rb pool way down. Tate? maybe. Doubt it. Maybe Gerhart or Starks for at least insurance. Starks before injury was a stud for GB and T. G could get those tough goal line and SY runs also:noidea: