• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season So Far-Week 8

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Tier: Alabama, Oregon, Florida St
2nd Tier: Ohio State, Stanford, Missouri
3rd Tier: Baylor, Texas Tech, Miami, Auburn

Analysis: These are the teams that are in position to play for the nc. Baylor and Texas Tech would have to be undefeated and need help. Ohio State same thing. Stanford would have to beat Oregon. Miami has a chance since they will play Florida St. Auburn plays Alabama and could play Missouri in the SEC championship.

Biggest Surprises: Missouri, Baylor, Auburn, Miami, Texas Tech

Biggest Disappointments: Florida, Georgia, USC, Texas

Analysis: Everyone of the surprises, has a chance to play for the nc.

Heisman Trophy: Marcus Mariotta, Jameis Winston, Johnny Manziel

Analysis: At this point, it's a 3 man race.

NC Game: Alabama vs Oregon

Analysis: Got complicated this weekend. Florida State moved into solid contention and Ohio State is still looming. 4 or 5 other teams put themselves into the picture, but need some upsets to help them get there.

Key games this week.

Texas Tech vs Oklahoma
Missouri vs South Carolina
Oregon St vs Stanford
Oregon vs UCLA

Analysis: If Texas Tech wants to play for nc, it must run the table. Oklahoma is toughest test so far. Missouri in good shape this weekend and will virtually clinch SEC East with win. An elimination game for the loser of Oregon St and Stanford. Oregon must continue it's run against a very good UCLA team.

Key Remaining Games on Schedule: Regular Season onlyBay

Alabama vs LSU Nov 9
Alabama vs Auburn Nov 30
Baylor vs Oklahoma Nov 7
Baylor vs Texas Tech Nov 16
Florida St vs Miami Nov 2
Michigan vs Ohio St Nov 30
Missouri vs Texas AM Nov 30
Oregon vs Stanford Nov 7
Oregon vs Oregon St Nov 29

Analysis: Oregon vs Stanford looks like the biggest remaining game.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest Surprises: Missouri, Baylor, Auburn, Miami, Texas Tech

Analysis: Everyone of the surprises, has a chance to play for the nc.
Good post. Can't disagree with much at all.

Quick correction: Missouri/Auburn would have to play each other in the SECCG, and Texas Tech/Baylor play each other. But, as I typed that I realized you may mean they control their own destiny and you would be correct on that.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key Remaining Games on Schedule: Regular Season onlyBay

Alabama vs LSU Nov 9
Alabama vs Auburn Nov 30
Baylor vs Oklahoma Nov 7
Baylor vs Texas Tech Nov 16
Florida St vs Miami Nov 2
Michigan vs Ohio St Nov 30
Missouri vs Texas AM Nov 30
Oregon vs Stanford Nov 7
Oregon vs Oregon St Nov 29

Analysis: Oregon vs Stanford looks like the biggest remaining game.

I would expand on your SEC games.

Auburn still has UGa ... if we have Gurley back, we will be a better team for sure. Also, that game is one of the most unpredictable games year in and year out. The teams have been spoilers on many occasions.

Missouri not only has TAMU, but also USCe, Ole Miss, and UT. Before you dismiss those last 3 games, USCe is a ranked team that can play well on a given Saturday, and @Ole Miss and UT are the exact teams a team like Missouri can get upset by. Ole Miss just beat LSU, and UT is a different team than the one we saw at the beginning of the year. With their second string QB, Missouri isn't likely to win all those games. I still think Missouri wins the East, but they won't be undefeated and could have 2 losses.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expand on your SEC games.

Auburn still has UGa ... if we have Gurley back, we will be a better team for sure. Also, that game is one of the most unpredictable games year in and year out. The teams have been spoilers on many occasions.

Missouri not only has TAMU, but also USCe, Ole Miss, and UT. Before you dismiss those last 3 games, USCe is a ranked team that can play well on a given Saturday, and @Ole Miss and UT are the exact teams a team like Missouri can get upset by. Ole Miss just beat LSU, and UT is a different team than the one we saw at the beginning of the year. With their second string QB, Missouri isn't likely to win all those games. I still think Missouri wins the East, but they won't be undefeated and could have 2 losses.

Yes I agree. Even 1 loss in the regular season will kill off Missouri's chances. They will fall off too much in the polls.