• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season So Far-Week 11

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st 4: Alabama, Wisconsin, Miami, Oklahoma

2nd 4: Clemson, Auburn, Ohio State, Georgia

3rd 4: Notre Dame, Penn St, TCU, USC

Analysis: The above is my own ratings. The college playoff rankings are very different. The field was narrowed with several upsets. Alabama didn’t look great, but holds on to the number 1 position. Auburn is moving up fast and could yet make the playoffs. Miami and Oklahoma appear to have the easier path, but Clemson will have something to say about that. Wisconsin must run the table and needs to beat Michigan and likely Ohio St. USC would need a lot of help. PAC 12 is likely out

My Picks for the Playoff: Auburn, Oklahoma, Miami, Ohio State

Most surprising: Notre Dame, Miami, TCU, UCF and Wisconsin

Analysis: Miami is now a favorite to make the playoffs. Likely have to beat Clemson. Wisconsin is 10-0 but the big games are ahead. No one expected Notre Dame to have the season it’s having, and it still has a small outside chance to make the playoffs with a lot of upsets.

Most disappointing: Florida St, Florida, Baylor, Brigham Young, Nebraska, Tennessee,

Analysis: Florida St has to rank as the biggest disappointment because of their number 3 ranking. Nebraska continues to struggle in the Big 10 as their recruiting seems to be down again. I expected Baylor to be down, but not this down. Tennessee is just playing out the season, Florida hasn’t had a decent QB in years and this has hurt them.

Heisman Trophy: Baker Mayfield, , Bryce Love, Saquan Barkley, Jalen Hurts

Analysis: Mayfield is way out in front and with an easy end of the regular season schedule, looks like a cinch to win. Jalen Hurts is coming up fast and I predict he could finish second.

Big 3 Games of the Week: Wisconsin-Michigan, USC-UCLA, Georgia-Kentucky

Analysis: Is Wisconsin for real? They must win their only tough game in the regular season to remain in contention for the playoffs. USC would need a miracle to make the playoffs, but it starts with arch-rival UCLA. Georgia is down, but can still get into the playoffs by winning out. Kentucky will provide a test after Georgia was trashed last week. Predictions, Wisconsin, USC and Georgia will all win.

Big games left: Alabama-Auburn, all 5 power conference CCG

Analysis: You need big wins over good teams to make the playoffs. Alabama has that in Auburn and then Georgia. A loss to Auburn would kill off any hopes of Alabama making the playoffs. Miami-Clemson CCG appears to be huge as does a potential Ohio State-Wisconsin. The winners of those games plus Oklahoma should be the final four.