• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE SEASON SO FAR 10-24

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOP TIER: LSU, Alabama
2nd Tier: Stanford, Oklahoma St, Clemson, and Boise St
3rd Tier: Oregon, Kansas St, Michigan St

Waiting in the wings: Arkansas, Nebraska

Biggest Surprises: Clemson, Kansas St, Michigan St, Penn St, USC, Syracuse

Biggest Disappointments: Florida St, Boston College, Colorado, Florida, Utah

Heisman Trophy: Andrew Luck (did nothing special on Saturday, but others lost ground).
Russell Wilson (led Wisconsin on key drive to tie the game).
Trent Richardson (good, but not great game)
Kellen Moore (another good game, but schedule hurts)
Landry Jones (good game, but Sooners lost)
Tajh Boyd (Playing great, just not as well known).
Case Keenum (great season, but who do they play)

Key Remaining games: Alabama-LSU, winner a lock for nc game.
Oklahoma-Oklahoma St, still very important and Okie light's hope for nc game.
Stanford-Oregon, either could make nc game with win.
Clemson-South Carolina, if certain things happen, Clemson could be in nc game.
Kansas St-Oklahoma, if KSU wins they have to be in the mix.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because we lost on a Hail Mary to a good team, we're suddenly behind the team we killed by 31 points? That is.... interesting.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the love for Mich. St. who lost to Notre Dame but nothing about Penn St. who keeps on winning, albeit with defense and whose only loss was to a much better team than ND.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the love for Mich. St. who lost to Notre Dame but nothing about Penn St. who keeps on winning, albeit with defense and whose only loss was to a much better team than ND.

Again, the close games against Indiana and Temple probably have something to do with it. Penn State has one somewhat decent win, and it was at home. They have one loss, to a really good team. When you have a team without any real good wins or bad losses, you have to judge them by the way they have played in their other games. Penn State hasn't played well.

That said, it finally looks like they've settled on a QB. If they can beat Illinois and Nebraska in Happy Valley, i'll buy them as a contender.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan State has much better wins. And i dont understand why teams get credit for losing to good teams. Eight teams have losses to Alabama, i dont understand what is so special about being one of those 8, unless you have wins over other good teams.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State has much better wins. And i dont understand why teams get credit for losing to good teams. Eight teams have losses to Alabama, i dont understand what is so special about being one of those 8, unless you have wins over other good teams.

Agreed. A win is far superior to a loss, doesn't matter who you beat or who the other guy lost to.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now, Wisconsin should at least be 3rd tier with MSU (and ahead of Nebraska).

We lost to MSU on a last second Hail Mary at their stadium, and throttled the Huskers. Badgers should be in the top tier of 1-loss teams.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now, Wisconsin should at least be 3rd tier with MSU (and ahead of Nebraska).

We lost to MSU on a last second Hail Mary at their stadium, and throttled the Huskers. Badgers should be in the top tier of 1-loss teams.

Truth

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because we lost on a Hail Mary to a good team, we're suddenly behind the team we killed by 31 points? That is.... interesting.

Good point. Let's see how they do against OSU this week. Probably put them back.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Penn St hasn't really beaten anyone. Michigan St has 2 big wins over Wisconsin and Michigan.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do have Wisconsin ranked 10th in my personal ratings with Michigan St at number 9. A lot of people will remember this game. If the winner of the Alabama-LSU game should lose a game, Wisconsin still has a shot at the nc game. A lot of things have to happen though. Waiting to see the results of the Wisconsin-OSU game this week.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have Wisconsin ranked 10th in my personal ratings with Michigan St at number 9. A lot of people will remember this game. If the winner of the Alabama-LSU game should lose a game, Wisconsin still has a shot at the nc game. A lot of things have to happen though. Waiting to see the results of the Wisconsin-OSU game this week.

To say that a LOT if things need to happen for Wisconsin to have a shot at the NC game is an understatement.

There will be an SEC team in the NCG, that's almost certain.

Here's a scenario that gets Wisconsin to the NCG:

Pac-12:
- Stanford loses to USC and beats Oregon; or
- Oregon loses to USC or Washington and beats Stanford

(in other words, the Pac-12 champion has a loss later in the season than ours)

Big 12:
- Oklahoma State loses 2 out of 3 to Baylor, Kansas State and Texas Tech, then beats Oklahoma; or
- Oklahoma State loses to either Baylor or Texas Tech and the Bedlam game, and Oklahoma loses another game along the way;

(in other words, the winner of the B12 has two losses)

ACC:
- Clemson loses to Georgia Tech, Wake Forest or South Carolina; and
- VT loses to GT, UNC or in the conference champsionship game

(in other words, the ACC champion loses after us)

Boise may even need to lose a game (vs. TCU or @SDSU).

If ALL of the above happens, then Wisconsin can get to the myth by winning out.

Otherwise, we'll try to go to 4-1 in the Rose Bowl since the '90s.

Last edited by a moderator: