• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Return

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just a comment on the pick 6, if you watch Brooks closely, you can see him almost make a bone headed mistake. He comes very close to blocking a player in the back. He pushes him but he doesn't fall. Very unnecessary in that situation too. Brooks seems to make some pretty dumb decisions some times.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a comment on the pick 6, if you watch Brooks closely, you can see him almost make a bone headed mistake. He comes very close to blocking a player in the back. He pushes him but he doesn't fall. Very unnecessary in that situation too. Brooks seems to make some pretty dumb decisions some times.

I always worry about that. Watching the return as well, I can't really enjoy it fully because I'm constantly looking down to the bottom left of the screen expecting the yellow "flag" sign.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya. I don't like the OP's title of "The return". Makes it sound like it was a kick or punt return.

Yeah, we should keep these titles as simple as possible so some of the more simple people don't get confused.

I certainly wasn't the first one to refer to it as The Return, and the obvious (to most of us) intention of using that term was to play off of "The Catch". But that probably went right over your head. Merry Christmas.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we should keep these titles as simple as possible so some of the more simple people don't get confused.

I certainly wasn't the first one to refer to it as The Return, and the obvious (to most of us) intention of using that term was to play off of "The Catch". But that probably went right over your head. Merry Christmas.

Don't take offense. I just think the "pick" or something would have been better since it was the pick that won the game and not the return.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just kept having Deja Vouz on that return of a previous interception that would have sealed a win that Roddy White punched out of Nate Clements hands... I held my breath the whole return...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just kept having Deja Vouz on that return of a previous interception that would have sealed a win that Roddy White punched out of Nate Clements hands... I held my breath the whole return...

Nate should have just fell down after that pick and the game would have been over.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the interest of burning the clock, only second down, a FG tying it, having timeouts (I think), and the risk of interception, I do not understand why Atlanta threw a one yard pass. Go for the endzone or handoff, right? Yes I realize that we were anticipating a run. But for the reasons above, I'd be more conservative than that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With the interest of burning the clock, only second down, a FG tying it, having timeouts (I think), and the risk of interception, I do not understand why Atlanta threw a one yard pass. Go for the endzone or handoff, right? Yes I realize that we were anticipating a run. But for the reasons above, I'd be more conservative than that.

IMO.............just my opinion..............that play was fine. they weren't running well in the 2nd half, so don't feel that was a good option? they were too close to the end zone (11 yard line) for a draw or outside run. the defenders are a little 'compressed' to gain even half of that 11?

throwing into the end zone would've been ok, but the higher percentage was a short pass and let the receiver run. the 1 yard pass would get the ball out quicker with less time for safeties to 'close in'.

obviously, the execution wasn't there, but the play was ok.