• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Return of Eloy Jimenez

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's back.....

Eloy cut down on his strike outs, but still needs some rounding out on putting the barrel of the bat on the ball. Still having a power bat in the lineup to back up Abreu can't be anything but good. Plus Eloy is fun to have around. Looks like they will put him LF tonight.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox have played 99 games. In the 63 remaining games Eloy should get about 200 at bats. Eloy has average 1 HR per 15 at bats so far in the MLB. At that rate he will hit 13-14 Hrs to the end of the season to maintain his average.

The most important thing is that Eloy be at the top of his hitting game as the playoffs approach. It almost doesn't matter what he does until then.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still a stupid move to replace vaughn in left who is twice the fielder eloy is.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i see the sox lost out on frazier. who do they look at now?
Not caught up completely yet on all things White Sox. Did we actually make a legit attempt to trade for him? If so, I'm glad we lost out. He would have cost too much in ML capital or perhaps even existing roster personnel. Garcia and Mendick can hold down the fort until Nicky Two Strikes returns next season. If the Sox are gonna bust a trade move, I'd prefer a less costly rental, with an emphasis on RP.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought of Eloy fielding makes me cringe.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not caught up completely yet on all things White Sox. Did we actually make a legit attempt to trade for him? If so, I'm glad we lost out. He would have cost too much in ML capital or perhaps even existing roster personnel. Garcia and Mendick can hold down the fort until Nicky Two Strikes returns next season. If the Sox are gonna bust a trade move, I'd prefer a less costly rental, with an emphasis on RP.
The playoffs are coming, they need to make some upgrades. How about Trevor Story to play 2B?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgive him for the donut...for he gives me additional hope for the season progressing...Don't hurt me Eloy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs are coming, they need to make some upgrades. How about Trevor Story to play 2B?
His stats have fallen dramatically this season on the field and at the plate. I'll pass. I do think the Sox need a guy to play 2nd base - because L. Garcia and Danny M don't cut it as everyday players.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stats have fallen dramatically this season on the field and at the plate. I'll pass. I do think the Sox need a guy to play 2nd base - because L. Garcia and Danny M don't cut it as everyday players.
Frazier would have been perfect

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgive him for the donut...for he gives me additional hope for the season progressing...Don't hurt me Eloy.
Sox are going to through a bit of a rough patch lately but it's still July. Need a 2B and maybe one more RP

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox are going to through a bit of a rough patch lately but it's still July. Need a 2B and maybe one more RP

We're in first by a mile despite the rough patch. It's all about getting healthy and giving it our best go come playoff time. Pitching is there. So we have as good a shot as any.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frazier would have been perfect
Gotta disagree here. No one is doubting the excellent season Frazier is having to date, but being there's an additional year left on his contract (arbitration eligible of course), he would have cost us either some prospects or youngins already on the parent roster, or a combination of both. Next year Madrigal returns, so Frazier would have to be bumped to the OF. Despite the positive reports that he's one of those multi-positional players, ala Leury Garcia, he actually has limited experience in the OF. He'd definitely be a defensive downgrade to Adam Engel, who he'd likely replace. I probably would have had little to no problem at all obtaining him if he was available as a rental, which would have been much less costly. In any event, it's moot. Not even sure Hahn made an attempt to trade for him. I haven't seen anything specific on this.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree here. No one is doubting the excellent season Frazier is having to date, but being there's an additional year left on his contract (arbitration eligible of course), he would have cost us either some prospects or youngins already on the parent roster, or a combination of both. Next year Madrigal returns, so Frazier would have to be bumped to the OF. Despite the positive reports that he's one of those multi-positional players, ala Leury Garcia, he actually has limited experience in the OF. He'd definitely be a defensive downgrade to Adam Engel, who he'd likely replace. I probably would have had little to no problem at all obtaining him if he was available as a rental, which would have been much less costly. In any event, it's moot. Not even sure Hahn made an attempt to trade for him. I haven't seen anything specific on this.
Gotta defer to you here, you follow the Sox more closely than I do

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta defer to you here, you follow the Sox more closely than I do
Hey, your opinion is just as valid as mine. Maybe I do follow the Sox a bit more closely, but maybe not. All I know is when it's all said and done, I'm only throwing out opinions based on extremely limited access to any insider news. Besides, I more than understand why you thought he'd be a perfect fit, especially for this season. I was only thinking of the longer term issues.