• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: The Return of Donnie B - Dodgers versus Marlins

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to a perfectly fine manager who got more grief that he deserved, some other notable people who are coming to Dodger Stadium in Marlins uniforms are Tim Wallach, Dee Gordon, Miguel Rojas (LOL), and s guy with the legs of a high school volleyball player.

Screen-Shot-2013-12-06-at-7.39.53-AM.png

Fuck that guy, his volleyball legs, and his shrinking head.*

*And put him in the Hall of Fame.

Tonight:
The Outstanding Rookie (Ross Stripling) versus A Guy I'm Glad We Didn't Sign (Wei-Yin Chen)

Tomorrow:
The Best Pitcher in Baseball (Clayton Kershaw) versus A Bold-Looking Sink (Tom Koehler)

Wednesday:
"The Number 2 Pitcher" on track to opt-in to the next two seasons (Scott Kazmir) versus A Guy Who Was Traded with Kike to the Marlins (Jarred Cosart)

Thursday:
KENTAMANIA!!!!! KENTAMANIA!!!!!! KENTAMANIA!!!!!! (Kenta Maeda) versus "They said..." (Jose Fernandez)

8OtBs8U.gif

All of the games start at 7:10 and are on SNLA. Thursday's [awesome] game is also on MLBN, but probably blacked out.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie Kendrick needs a slump buster.

Villain, do you get the games on TV? I do not as I have Direct TV. However, an Apple TV + a DNS blocker allows me to watch the games.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Villain, do you get the games on TV? I do not as I have Direct TV. However, an Apple TV + a DNS blocker allows me to watch the games.
I have Time Warner, so yeah.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm convinced that the blonde frohawk has given him bad luck. Did he lose a bet or something?

Tough loss, Grandal misplaying that foul ball changed the whole game. Kershaw on the mound today.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced that the blonde frohawk has given him bad luck. Did he lose a bet or something?

Tough loss, Grandal misplaying that foul ball changed the whole game. Kershaw on the mound today.
I hate Howie's hair and I miss his beard.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how Kershaw has a bumpy outing and takes the heat for it. How about the team starts hitting at home. Giancarlo is a good hitter. That happens. Kershaw taking the heat is asinine.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how Kershaw has a bumpy outing and takes the heat for it. How about the team starts hitting at home. Giancarlo is a good hitter. That happens. Kershaw taking the heat is asinine.
You're absolutely right. Good hitters can still hit homers off of good pitchers. Mike Trout takes King Felix deep. Shit happens, tip your cap.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bases loaded, one out and Puig Ks (not a good at bat). I do not know his high leverage situational stats, but my instincts tell me they are not good.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bases loaded, one out and Puig Ks (not a good at bat). I do not know his high leverage situational stats, but my instincts tell me they are not good.
I think the stat they use for that is "clutch" or CLCH or something. It's not a good one, so you have to kinda dig for it. The reason it's not good is the same reason why RBI isn't that good - it relies so heavily on things that the batter cannot control (i.e. who is on base, the score of the game, the inning, etc). It's also not a good stat simply because the sample sizes are always so small - those "clutch" situations don't happen enough to glean information of value. So that leaves us with the #EyeTest and people (I can think of a few on this board) tend focus on the times the players broke their heart rather than came through.

It's out there somewhere, but if you do a cursory check of his stat line on FG or BR, you won't find it. You have to make a custom leaderboard etc etc and it's really not worth it because of the reasons I just mentioned.

Losing sucks. Wasted a decent outing by Kazmir.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Villian and his saber metrics are at it again, RBI's are not a good indication of a clutch hitter, sorry, but they have used RBI stats for over a 100 years, if you notice, the really good clutch hitters are the ones with all the RBi's, that's just how it works. It's like Puig and his poor at bat with the bases loaded, he had a chance to come through and he didn't, ya it happens, but the guy doesn't drive in a ton of runs, as I keep saying, the guy hasn't done much since his breakout rookie year!

Again I think the guy has a butt load of talent, and I hope he starts producing like he did his first year, but he's just not doing it so far!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is definitely one of those series you wish you could forget. Marlins pitching is not so good that it warrants a team average under .200. Why does Baez insist on disappointing me?

On to the next one.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the stat they use for that is "clutch" or CLCH or something. It's not a good one, so you have to kinda dig for it. The reason it's not good is the same reason why RBI isn't that good - it relies so heavily on things that the batter cannot control (i.e. who is on base, the score of the game, the inning, etc). It's also not a good stat simply because the sample sizes are always so small - those "clutch" situations don't happen enough to glean information of value. So that leaves us with the #EyeTest and people (I can think of a few on this board) tend focus on the times the players broke their heart rather than came through.

It's out there somewhere, but if you do a cursory check of his stat line on FG or BR, you won't find it. You have to make a custom leaderboard etc etc and it's really not worth it because of the reasons I just mentioned.

Losing sucks. Wasted a decent outing by Kazmir.

Great rationale, thank you. The only element I disagree with is the "eye ball" test on Puig.