• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The real crime of the season: Big XII Conference

EvilVodka

Warlock
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real crime of the season is that the media just didn't take hold of the Big XII Conference this year...not sure why, maybe with all the realignment, they forgot who's in it

The evidence of this is clear in Kansas State's BCS ranking...in the computers, they're ranked #4! Yet, in the human-opinion polls, they're #10, and #11...not sure why

I'd say the Big XII was the best and most exciting conference this year...

We'll see how the media handles the possibility of Robert Griffen winning the Heisman, Robert Griffen III from little ole Baylor

I know the SEC West was exciting this year, but you had some great storylines out of the Big XII that kind of went under the radar...Baylor beat Texas and OU, Kansas State had one of the best resurgences in college football, Oklahoma State broke new ground by winning the conference championship...

The media was out to lunch

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody got tired of the gay A&M hissy-fit-drama-we're-going-to-run-away-from-home-tantrum, so when it was finally done they moved on to other things.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody got tired of the gay A&M hissy-fit-drama-we're-going-to-run-away-from-home-tantrum, so when it was finally done they moved on to other things.

LOL, that's funny. I think they got got tired of UT/OU maybe leaving for 2 years, maybe taking people with them. Got tired of A&M to the SEC, not to the SEC, back to the SEC. They got tired of Mizzou to SEC, no wait it is WVU, no Mizzou after all. They got tired of the ESPN/Longhorn network BS. They got tired of "big 12 getting boise, and AF, and BYU, and WVU, and TCU, maybe talk to ND, how about Rutgers" crap.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while aTm got tired, the aggies from oklahoma went home with the conference title.

:L

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while aTm got tired, the aggies from oklahoma went home with the conference title.

:L

can't argue with that. Never seen such a jekyll and hyde team in my freakin life. Bad thing is that right in the middle of the A&M second half collapses, I had the Cowboys doing the same thing against Jets and then Lions.

These are bad times we're livin here bros.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome another perennial 7-5 team the tSEC! Another doormat for tSEC to play in addition to the FCS, Sun Belt, C-USA, and WAC teams...

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome another perennial 7-5 team the tSEC! Another doormat for tSEC to play in addition to the FCS, Sun Belt, C-USA, and WAC teams...

Yep, Troy, Wofford, App St, Arkansas St, Gardner-Webb all those types of teams!!

SEC thought about adding Clemson, but figured they'd add a doormat from an area the SEC isn't in yet, and not a doormat from our backyard.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ACC has no room to talk, they played more FCS schools than any other conference this season, and lost to one of them. And the ACC played their fair share of MAC and Sun Belt schools too.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the ACC grabbing Pitt and 'Cuse. At least y'all got some good roundball teams lol.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are absolutely right, it is just like......great......I couldn't find a real appropriate smile. We water down football to help a basketball conference that really didn't need much help.

Pitt makes some sense because of their historical relevance, money, school, and recruiting footprint, I guess. Hell, I am at Pitt right now. It is just a lackluster football town with an apathetic fanbase.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are absolutely right, it is just like......great......I couldn't find a real appropriate smile. We water down football to help a basketball conference that really didn't need much help.

Pitt makes some sense because of their historical relevance, money, school, and recruiting footprint, I guess. Hell, I am at Pitt right now. It is just a lackluster football town with an apathetic fanbase.

Oh, lol.

:brick:

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you look at the teams and forget the stupid computer you realized most the Big12 is hot garbage. I agree RG III should win the Heisman. I wanted Okie State in title game but fact is I don't blame media.

Big12 had no top OOC wins except maybe TCU. OU was WAY OVERRATED. Texas still isn't back. Kansas State cannot throw the ball and beat Eastern Kentucky by a point. Baylor is great on offense but has no defense. The rest of the league is either rebuilding teams or hot garbage.