• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Push to the Playoffs

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s okay for us to start talking about this. With the Broncos on a 3 game win streak and sitting at 6-6 they are just one game out of the final wildcard. Of course the Ravens not only currently hold that final spot but a tie breaker over the Broncos.

Most scenarios that have the Broncos in the playoffs begin with the Broncos winning out and reaching a 10-6 record. There are scenarios that have them inat 9-7 too but these are fewer and given the combinations of wins and losses needed by all teams involved, far less probable.

But even the Broncos winning out doesn’t necessarily lock in a post season berth. The good news is some of the help they need is pribable, given who still has to play who.

Thankfully the Broncos did their part yesterday. It didn’t hurt that the Colts derped up their game either. It would have been nice to see the Chargers and Ravens both lose but those teams both have some tough games ahead, including a head to head. Another possibility at this point is the Ravens overtake the Steelers in the AFC North. This clears the wildcard spot. The Steelers are not playing great ball right now and have some tough games ahead, so pushing them into the WC picture could favor the Broncos.

It’ll be exciting to see how the final stretch of the season develops. Regardless of who else is winning and losing we know we need the Broncos to keep winning for any of it to be relevant. This discussion could continue through the end of the season or essentially end next week with a loss.

Let’s hope for the former and watch this Broncos team fight their way right into the playoffs!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember one season when the Broncos went 10-6 and missed the playoffs.

Lots of injuries to account for on the Bronco's side - though. Right now - the indispensable man is Phillip Lindsay.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember one season when the Broncos went 10-6 and missed the playoffs.

Lots of injuries to account for on the Bronco's side - though. Right now - the indispensable man is Phillip Lindsay.

The 10-6 record has not been kind to the Broncos. They have finished 10-6 on 5 separate seasons, compiling an 0-4 playoff record and missing the playoffs outright in 1981.

But none of that matters this year. The way this team is playing there isn’t a team in the AFC I’d count them out against in a potential post season matchup. I’m not proclaiming them SB contenders, just saying I’d not count them out.

They have to get in first though. And despite the schedule being favorable nothing is a given, especially with the way injuries keep mounting up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs or not we have fought back and that counts for something. Much better then last year.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this just got a lot more interesting with the loss of Sanders.

Here’s what benefits the Broncos this week:

Chiefs vs Ravens: Chiefs win. I am not rooting for the Chiefs, but the Broncos need the Ravens* to drop some games.

Raiders vs Steelers: Raiders win. Again, I am not rooting for the Raiders but it is advantageous for the Broncos if the Steelers continue their slide. This is where the * above comes into play: the Ravens tie breaker over the Broncos is mitigated if the Ravens pass the Steelers in the standings and force the Steelers into the WC picture. Since the Steelers have a tie a head to head tie with the Broncos is unlikely, so we still need the Steelers to drop to 9-6-1. Their schedule ahead is stout so that’s not totally unlikely. Just to be safe I’m rooting for both teams to lose.

Dolphins vs Patriots: Dolphins lose. No brained here: the Dolphins are 6-6 and even with the Broncos. That makes them a threat.

Texans vs Colts: Colts lose. Same as Dolphins, the Colts are 6-6.

Titans vs Jaguars: Titans lose. Again: they’re 6-6 so they’re a threat.

Chargers vs Bengals: Chargers lose. There’s still an outside chance the Chargers and Broncos will be playing a “win and in” game in week 17, or playing for the 5th seed. Another school of thought is the Chargers go into that one resting starters. I’d rather it be an elimination game for them so I’m rooting against them now.

And of course all of this becomes near irrelevant if the Broncos don’t do their part. 7-6 extends the season. 6-7 isn’t a death sentence but it’s extremely long odds to get in at that point.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans win. No surprise there. As far as tie breakers go the Titans are less a threat than some of the others but they also appear to have the easiest path the remainder of the season. They are definitely worth paying attention to.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might argue that the Broncos have the easiest path to the playoffs, obviously up for debate.

Giants are playing better, Colts will be tough for the Titans although a home game for them.

Redskins down to QB3 so that probably won't be tough.

I do however feel like Denver will lose a game the so called experts do not think they will lose, and then the Chargers may have a lot to play for that final week and injuries are mounting up for us. Right now, I have us just missing and picking 20th. ;)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the Broncos:

The 49ers are actually not awful on defense, save in scoring and takeaways. They have the potential to limit opportunities in the passing game, though I am confident the Broncos can control the game on the ground.

The Browns have been playing good ball lately. Their offense is bawling and they can take away the ball on defense. By no means will that be an easy game.

The Raiders appear to be the easiest remaining game but you know if the Broncos are gunning for a playoff spot the Raiders are going to come at them with everything. The Broncos pass rush has improved since week 2 so ideally Carr won’t be completing every pass this time around.

The Chargers are definitely the hardest remaining game but if the Broncos go in at 9-6 and a playoff berth in the balance that stadium is going to be a madhouse. Add in the likelihood the Chargers will be locked into a playoff seed and they may phone it in. If they come to play that one promises to be a challenge.

There are still routes to the playoffs for the Broncos with a 9-7 finish too but I’m not going to get into exploring those until I have to.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish we had Taylor that would build my spirits some.

Heck, I guess we can use what we got in Booker and Phillip Lindsay .

Phillip Lindsay was picked up to convert to what Sanders did for us.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might argue that the Broncos have the easiest path to the playoffs, obviously up for debate.

Giants are playing better, Colts will be tough for the Titans although a home game for them.

Redskins down to QB3 so that probably won't be tough.

I do however feel like Denver will lose a game the so called experts do not think they will lose, and then the Chargers may have a lot to play for that final week and injuries are mounting up for us. Right now, I have us just missing and picking 20th. ;)

I like it both ways too.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are getting no help so far. Pretty much every team we needed to lose won this morning.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens lost. That helps.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are getting no help so far. Pretty much every team we needed to lose won this morning.

Guess it doesn’t matter. Broncos aren’t helping themselves today anyway.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear radio go find a bridge to sleep under

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens lost. That helps.

Steelers lost too. Broncos derped their way out of the playoffs today. Against a 2-10 team. I’m not going to jump back on the “fire VJ” band wagon. The team showed too much fight for that, today’s game notwithstanding. It is going to be hard to get interested in the remaining 3 games though.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st and goal from the 1 lost me with this coaching staff. Should never have gotten to 4th down without 1 rushing attempt.

Shanahan with a 3rd string QB,one TE and a 3rd string RB totally outcoached then boat raced Denver.

Keenum is a gloried backup. Shutout in the 1st half against a 2-10 football team.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we just pushed the Dolphins a little closer to the playoffs

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st and goal from the 1 lost me with this coaching staff. Should never have gotten to 4th down without 1 rushing attempt.

Shanahan with a 3rd string QB,one TE and a 3rd string RB totally outcoached then boat raced Denver.

Keenum is a gloried backup. Shutout in the 1st half against a 2-10 football team.

I disagree about running down at the goal line. Our running game looked awful today and so did the run blocking. Lindsay was barely able to get past the LOS on most runs so to risk running and getting stuffed once maybe twice and losing 25-40 seconds just wasn’t worth it.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about running down at the goal line. Our running game looked awful today and so did the run blocking. Lindsay was barely able to get past the LOS on most runs so to risk running and getting stuffed once maybe twice and losing 25-40 seconds just wasn’t worth it.
That's why you have 2 plays called.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos are going to make the playoffs the best way would be for the Ravens to win the North and Pittsburgh to fall back to us which is reasonable considering they play:
Vs New England
At New Orleans
Vs Cincinatti

I am not sure the Steelers can beat New England or New Orleans and Cincinnati always plays them tough.

Don't lose hope Broncos fans there is time and ways to still get in the playoffs if the Broncos win out.

Keep the faith.