• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Power Play

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our power play was dreadful last season, especially down the stretch. It operated at 16.6%, which was good for 19th overall. That's pretty much unacceptable for a playoff team stacked with offense.

Well, get ready for that to change. The unit of Giroux, Jagr, Simmonds, Pronger and Meszaros that we saw against the Devils last night is going to dominate all season long if given the chance. Giroux will find the open man every single time, Jagr is deadly with his left-handed one timer from the right side, Simmonds provides a presence in front of the net we haven't had in a long time and both Pronger and Meszaros can absolutely bomb it from the point. Besides, Pronger knows how to quarterback a power play from the back end all by himself.

Then you'd be sending out Briere, Voracek and JvR with Timonen and Coburn/Carle on the second unit. They're no slouch themselves.

Expect an increase to at least 20% and in the top five for our power play this season. And I'm being conservative with that estimate.

This is going to be pretty damn exciting to watch! :happyshake:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what is impressive to watch is how smart jagr is on the ice especially his movement without the puck. he is always in the right place and is able to sneak around pretty good for a big guy. giroux is going to thrive with a guy like this to feed the puck to. no

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is impressive to watch is how smart jagr is on the ice especially his movement without the puck. he is always in the right place and is able to sneak around pretty good for a big guy. giroux is going to thrive with a guy like this to feed the puck to. no

This is exactly what happened last night. Add Simmonds in front of the net and PP fixed.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible we could have the leading power play in the league.....yeah buddy!

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be fun watching Jagr and Giroux together.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fucking goodness. Thursday is a year away

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Playing hockey, there were two guys I watched growing up that I tried to mimic.

One was John LeClair with his style of grinding it out in front of the net and scoring the ugly goals. Worked out well.

The other was the guy I considered the best in the game at the time, Jaromir Jagr.

I made out OK and don't regret either choice.