• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1b5vz8.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, but UW doesn't not do well in Arizona. Look up the past meetings between the Huskies and any AZ team in Arizona, and you'll see that it's astonishing how much poorer UW is in the state of Arizona.
To be fair, that's the last decade or so while the program was down. They didn't play that well anywhere really. Arizona isn't the only state they haven't won a game in over that span. I don't believe you find the same issues if you go back from their last rose bowl in 2001 and earlier. And they sure don't look like the same team that has gone on the road over the span since then.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, but UW doesn't not do well in Arizona. Look up the past meetings between the Huskies and any AZ team in Arizona, and you'll see that it's astonishing how much poorer UW is in the state of Arizona.

I hear you, plus last season was last season.

I still can't believe ASU has beaten Washington 10 times in a row. That's just an absolutely ridiculous stat and hard to fathom considering how mediocre ASU's program has been in general.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark was a different story. This appears to be the year it's finally starting to click for Petersens Huskies. Highest ranking going into PAC play in over a decade.

I think we win this game, but weird things always go in the desert with those evening games. Shootouts are always a possibility, but odds aren't in the Cats favor with it turning into one with our pass D.

RichRods D isn't looking any better than last year. Huskies winning by 14+ could very much happen.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still can't believe ASU has beaten Washington 10 times in a row. That's just an absolutely ridiculous stat and hard to fathom considering how mediocre ASU's program has been in general.

Most of those would be thanks to the coach who shall not be named and Sark after dark. It's understandable.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have numerous 10 win seasons, and this was one during on the worst periods of Husky football.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark was a different story. This appears to be the year it's finally starting to click for Petersens Huskies. Highest ranking going into PAC play in over a decade.

I think we win this game, but weird things always go in the desert with those evening games. Shootouts are always a possibility, but odds aren't in the Cats favor with it turning into one with our pass D.

RichRods D isn't looking any better than last year. Huskies winning by 14+ could very much happen.
R
We have numerous 10 win seasons, and this was one during on the worst periods of Husky football.[/QUOTE

How about Boise State winning 50+ in a row? Which is the most ridiculous and? If you mean that it is hard to fathom how a school like UW could have ten mediocre years, I agree. But if that should continue this year, tho not even likely, it will widely known of! Watch out for RR who beat undefeated Oregon in Tucson.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOF!!!! Massive get for the Huskies run game. Great way to start the weekend. Alohas all!!! :suds::yes:

---The 6-foot, 185-pound Ahmed chose to play for the in-state Huskies over an offer list that included Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford and USC.

247Sports bills the Kirkland (Wash.) Juanita athlete as the No. 2 recruit in Washington state and the nation’s No. 64 player overall. The industry-generated 247Sports Composite also thinks highly of Ahmed ranking him at No. 98 nationally.

Washington secured one of the country’s most explosive and quickest players in Ahmed, who over the summer at The Opening Finals, a prestigious invite only event for the nation’s top football prospects held at the Nike World Headquarters in Oregon, ran a 4.32 laser-timed 40-yard dash with a 4.04 shuttle and a 35-7 inch vertical leap. That 40-time tied for first at the event.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOF!!!! Massive get for the Huskies run game. Great way to start the weekend. Alohas all!!! :suds::yes:

---The 6-foot, 185-pound Ahmed chose to play for the in-state Huskies over an offer list that included Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford and USC.

247Sports bills the Kirkland (Wash.) Juanita athlete as the No. 2 recruit in Washington state and the nation’s No. 64 player overall. The industry-generated 247Sports Composite also thinks highly of Ahmed ranking him at No. 98 nationally.

Washington secured one of the country’s most explosive and quickest players in Ahmed, who over the summer at The Opening Finals, a prestigious invite only event for the nation’s top football prospects held at the Nike World Headquarters in Oregon, ran a 4.32 laser-timed 40-yard dash with a 4.04 shuttle and a 35-7 inch vertical leap. That 40-time tied for first at the event.
I was at the Sumner / Kapowsin game last night and saw both Wedington and that freak of nature Sarell kid. I can see why Bama, Stanford, ND, and Nebraska are after that beast. 6-6 and 310 lbs and it all looks like pure muscle. Towers above everyone else on the field. #1 lineman in the country and while he is said to be leaning Stanford, UW is still on his short list. Wedington looks like he needs to put a few pounds on, but man is that kid fast and elusive. If they keep him at RB he's going to be special.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Sumner / Kapowsin game last night and saw both Wedington and that freak of nature Sarell kid. I can see why Bama, Stanford, ND, and Nebraska are after that beast. 6-6 and 310 lbs and it all looks like pure muscle. Towers above everyone else on the field. #1 lineman in the country and while he is said to be leaning Stanford, UW is still on his short list. Wedington looks like he needs to put a few pounds on, but man is that kid fast and elusive. If they keep him at RB he's going to be special.

Ahmed & Wedington = Husky run game of the future in outstanding shape. Both of them are 6'0" entering their senior years and plenty of time to fill out and add more to those frames.

Sarell is a freak and yep, Stanford is in the drivers seat on this one. They've done a great job becoming a Oline pipeline for the NFL and their a proven system for recruits.
But, Washington wins the north this year, and it could close the gap to the finish.

And as for Ahmed, how sweet it is that we keep a local kid who had USC, Stanford, and ND offers. That's big mojo right there. Petersen continues to keep that wall up.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahmed & Wedington = Husky run game of the future in outstanding shape. Both of them are 6'0" entering their senior years and plenty of time to fill out and add more to those frames.

Sarell is a freak and yep, Stanford is in the drivers seat on this one. They've done a great job becoming a Oline pipeline for the NFL and their a proven system for recruits.
But, Washington wins the north this year, and it could close the gap to the finish.

And as for Ahmed, how sweet it is that we keep a local kid who had USC, Stanford, and ND offers. That's big mojo right there. Petersen continues to keep that wall up.
Hard to say if they will keep Wedington as a RB. I've watched all of his games this year so far and he is every bit as effective as a receiver. He has good hands and is a beast in yards after contact on the outside. He could well be used as a slot.

His kickoff return for a TD last night turned out to be the game winner as well. No one can tackle this kid in space. Can't wait to see him in the other purple and gold (Sumner has same colors).

:suds:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irony that the biggest game in UW's program for the past 15 years doesn't actually involve them. Go Bruins, make the Stanford game irrelevent.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irony that the biggest game in UW's program for the past 15 years doesn't actually involve them. Go Bruins, make the Stanford game irrelevent.

Wait, what? Can anyone translate Coug on this board?

4OVLKQc.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the absolute fuck are you on about this time?

I want Stanford to lose and lose badly. And have said that all week. They are a North rival. Why on fucking earth would I actually want them to EVER win if our goal is to win the North? :L

This notion that it sets up a better game if they beat UCLA is utter and complete nonsense. It's a Friday night game which means no CGD which would be the ONLY thing I could see even slightly being happy with a Stanford win for. No CGD means a Stanford win is bad for everyone in the North who actually wants to win the North.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nervous about tonight's game. I'm still surprised ASU is favored, and I have no idea what to expect except a lack of defense on both sides.

Jesus, I need to drink more before the game starts.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want Stanford to lose and lose badly. And have said that all week. They are a North rival. Why on fucking earth would I actually want them to EVER win if our goal is to win the North? :L

This notion that it sets up a better game if they beat UCLA is utter and complete nonsense. It's a Friday night game which means no CGD which would be the ONLY thing I could see even slightly being happy with a Stanford win for. No CGD means a Stanford win is bad for everyone in the North who actually wants to win the North.
Call that clarkson logic...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manure, if Stanford loses UW will literally have zero wins to "turn" the program around. The Pac has shown thus far to be a bunch of decent teams. Utter non sense that UW would be anything other than a disappointment this season without a playoff appearance with the team they returned, pre-season ranking and SEC OOC schedule. The UCLA-Stanford game is more important than just an average team in Arizona. Besting and overrated Stanford team will do more than beating an already exposed Stanford team in prime time.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manure, if Stanford loses UW will literally have zero wins to "turn" the program around. The Pac has shown thus far to be a bunch of decent teams. Utter non sense that UW would be anything other than a disappointment this season without a playoff appearance with the team they returned, pre-season ranking and SEC OOC schedule. The UCLA-Stanford game is more important than just an average team in Arizona. Besting and overrated Stanford team will do more than beating an already exposed Stanford team in prime time.
You are now officially a dumb ass. So if Stanford loses and UW were to run the table they haven't turned the program around? :L

What utter and complete nonsense.

I want Stanford to lose every game. Same with Oregon. Same with EVERY north team. UW hasn't broken 10 wins in a very long time. I'm not concerned with the playoffs or any other BS in any way, shape, or form. I really don't see UW winning more than 10 as it is. They are better, but not top 5 better. They are way over ranked right now IMO. Should be maybe mid teens.

Win the North. Win the CCG. Those are the goals. There is ZERO in that where Stanford winning tonight does dick for them. ZERO.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, the best team in the PAC 12 is, ahem, Boise State, 2-0 in conference play.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, the best team in the PAC 12 is, ahem, Boise State, 2-0 in conference play.

Status
Not open for further replies.