• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Zona and Cougs. USC now just has to win our last 2 games to make the PAC-12 CCG and maybe/hopefully secure the HC gig for Helton.

Of course, those last 2 games are @Oregon and UCLA, so it's going to be tough to pull off.

Good god does he fucking deserve it right now.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i heard the announcer say it but i dont think he understood the full scale of what ifs. pretty much last week with Stanfords win is where WSU fell out.
SO let me see if I get this straight. If, and it's a pretty BIG if Cal beats the trees this week and Oregon wins it's next 2 games they go to the CCG right? OD maybe crazy but sometimes it feels he's crazy like a fox.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO let me see if I get this straight. If, and it's a pretty BIG if Cal beats the trees this week and Oregon wins it's next 2 games they go to the CCG right? OD maybe crazy but sometimes it feels he's crazy like a fox.
If Stanford loses to Cal I may go OD all up in here.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god does he fucking deserve it right now.

Lets see how the team plays these next two. He knows what he has lets see what his game plan is. So far he's been able to get the offense going after half time which is something we didn't see with Kiff and sark. If I see the only player getting passes is Juju I'm gonna be pissed.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if UW doesn't win, but cover 16? Not with as many turnovers as they give up a game.
Yeah. Seems like a lot. I'd be surprised if it sl doesn't drop a couple points.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And oregon has to win out.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is two games to get to the CCG...wasn't talking about your bet with OD.
Oh, got ya. I missed that part of your post.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, got ya. I missed that part of your post.
No worries. I'm honestly surprised the Ducks have a chance with the way the defense played at the start of this season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see how the team plays these next two. He knows what he has lets see what his game plan is. So far he's been able to get the offense going after half time which is something we didn't see with Kiff and sark. If I see the only player getting passes is Juju I'm gonna be pissed.

To me, this is the difference. Not only between when we had Orgeron as interim and went on that run, but with what we saw with Kiffin and Sark. There are in game adjustments being made rather than just continue doing the same thing and hoping our athletes will "make it work." Also, so far, he's identified something that needs work after every game and then we see improvement in that area the next game.

I'm not saying give the guy the job now or that USC shouldn't practice due diligence in the coaching hire, but sometimes, the best guy for the program already works there. As I've said before, we don't need a big name coach, USC is the big name. We just need a football coach.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, this is the difference. Not only between when we had Orgeron as interim and went on that run, but with what we saw with Kiffin and Sark. There are in game adjustments being made rather than just continue doing the same thing and hoping our athletes will "make it work." Also, so far, he's identified something that needs work after every game and then we see improvement in that area the next game.

I'm not saying give the guy the job now or that USC shouldn't practice due diligence in the coaching hire, but sometimes, the best guy for the program already works there. As I've said before, we don't need a big name coach, USC is the big name. We just need a football coach.

The BC game last year the Washington game this year. Those two were glaring examples of Sark not changing the plan when things are not going right.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BC game last year the Washington game this year. Those two were glaring examples of Sark not changing the plan when things are not going right.

Yep. Those are 2 that I was thinking about. It's okay to make adjustments when what you're doing isn't working. Kiffin and Sark acted like it was a sign of weakness or something rather than good coaching.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Those are 2 that I was thinking about. It's okay to make adjustments when what you're doing isn't working. Kiffin and Sark acted like it was a sign of weakness or something rather than good coaching.

I also need to see the TEs the fullbacks and the other receivers not named Juju get the ball. I'm so tired of watching 3 star receivers on teams like Baylor TCU have great games and we don't even throw to all 4* receivers on the roster untill the main guy gets hurt. USC has been so easy to defend the past three years even with the talent. You could pretty much call out every play before they run it. I remember the Norm Chow days when you didn't know what was coming even with a RB like Bush in there.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mrwallace2ku, it is time for that bet you requested a couple months ago to be relevant. Do you want the points? Looks like the opening line is UW -16.

It's an avi bet with points DM. Beavers are getting wiped out weekly. IF you don't want the avi play w/ me, it's cool...I would understand, but I want the spread here. What ever the spread is on next Sat morning would be fine.

...and could someone help me understand Beavz QB Nick Mitchell's throwing motion, guy has the slowest arm delivery I have ever seen. Worthless.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also need to see the TEs the fullbacks and the other receivers not named Juju get the ball. I'm so tired of watching 3 star receivers on teams like Baylor TCU have great games and we don't even throw to all 4* receivers on the roster untill the main guy gets hurt. USC has been so easy to defend the past three years even with the talent. You could pretty much call out every play before they run it. I remember the Norm Chow days when you didn't know what was coming even with a RB like Bush in there.

Agree. I always loved how we would use the fullback and tight ends back then. It virtually always resulted in a big play too.

I think part of the reason Kessler was going to Juju so much may have been the o-line injuries. He may not feel like he has time to go through his progressions, so he throws to the guy that is most likely to be able to make a play, even if he's not actually open.

As much as I hate seeing Juju hurt, a positive is that Kessler had to spread the ball around a little more. Hopefully, that will continue.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an avi bet with points DM. Beavers are getting wiped out weekly. IF you don't want the avi play w/ me, it's cool...I would understand, but I want the spread here. What ever the spread is on next Sat morning would be fine.

...and could someone help me understand Beavz QB Nick Mitchell's throwing motion, guy has the slowest arm delivery I have ever seen. Worthless.

He's a freshman, on a team that isn't that good this year and he was thrown into the lineup halfway through the season. I'm sure he's a little overwhelmed right now. He's probably slow working through his progressions too.

If he's playing next year and still having the same issues, then you might have a problem.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the kid will play next year, but somewhere behind the Utah State QB transfer D Garretson who will be the Beav starter next year.

Well, there ya go. Kid gets forced into playing as a freshman and he's not even looked at as next years starter.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North
Stanford:
Win out. 1 more game. If they lose to Cal they need Oregon to lose 1 more.
Oregon: Win out and have Stanford lose to Cal.
Washington State: Is out. the best that can happen is to finish tied with Stanford. Stanford has the tie break win. If in the event WSU, Oregon, and Stanford all have 2 conference losses Oregon wins the Division due to tie breaks.

South
UCLA:
Needs to win out. would gain tie break over Utah and USC
USC: Needs to win out. Has tie break over Utah and would gain tie break over UCLA.
Utah: Needs to win out and have USC lose 1 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.